Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 06:53 PM       
I didn't watch the whole thing, but still enjoyed the parts I saw. I've seen it before and of course had to see my favourite scene.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 03:31 PM       
I started watching Hamlet 2. Almost shut if off after 10 minutes....then ended up shutting it off after 20 minutes.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2011, 12:11 AM       

Demon Wind! This movie is awesome!
It's filled with so many WTF moments that you would absolutely hate this film if you didn't just enjoy the 80's goodness.

Spoilers!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 11:26 AM       
The Infidel. It was good, but it wasn't as riotously funny as I thought it would be.

It's about a British Muslim who, although he's personally "relaxed" in his own religious observations, still hits all of the big requirements and is quite anti-Semitic. While he's cleaning out his recently deceased mom's house, he finds some paperwork and discovers he's adopted. A visit to the agency reveals that he's in fact....wait for it....Jewish! Now he's got to reconcile that with various anti-Semitic pressures he's experiencing. For example, his son wants to marry the daughter of a controversial cleric and he's expected to put on an extra-pious front until the blessing's obtained.

There were a lot of funny parts and I think the overall message has value in the whole let's-hug-it-out sense, but I was confused sometimes. As soon as the guy figures out he's Jewish by birth, he seems to be completely engulfed by the burning desire to out himself one way or another. There was no "hm, that's interesting, but I'm this now and I'm going to get on with my life". He did the very un-Jewish thing of loudly proclaiming- literally yelling- how Jewish he was at every opportunity, and then randomly going out of his way to completely reverse and conceal it. There were a few other iffy plot points, but this was a big thing throughout.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 11:37 AM       
dude, demon wind looks awesome. is it online somewhere?

a zed and two noughts
this movie was weird. not coherent enough to be good. some bits were funny, though. also, it got "the teddy bears' picnic" stuck in my head for a few days.

the verdict
paul newman in a 2-hour episode of "the practice," basically. i liked it. made me miss watching law & order.

wheels on meals
jackie chan, sammo hung, yuen biao. not one of their best, but entertaining enough.

network
now i know where "i'm mad as hell and i'm not going to take it anymore" originated. i expected more from this movie - i liked where it was going, at the beginning, and then it just spent the last 90 minutes being boring.

they call me MISTER tibbs
sidney poitier as virgil tibbs is somehow always entertaining. i don't even know why. sidney poitier makes silly, awful movies... but i like them.

the favor, the watch, and the really big fish
this was on the netflix queue because it has jeff goldblum in it. silly movie, otherwise. i don't really get what they were going for.

mid-august lunch
some old italian guy babysits a bunch of other old italian guys' mothers. totally silly, but kind of funny.

contract killer
people love jet li, but i just don't get it. he does some neat-o jumps and stuff, but he's no jackie chan.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 01:31 PM       
Do they have that Jeff Goldblum mockumentary about Pittsburgh on Netflix? I can't check right now.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM       
DVD only.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:10 PM       
WELL SHIT. Looks like I'm going to pirate it, perhaps. PHYSICAL MEDIA IS DEAD, MAAAN
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:15 PM       
fuck that as a result of this upcoming netflix split, we're ditching netflix and keeping "qwikster"

though we'll probably refer to it as netflix still, because... qwikster.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:18 PM       
qwikster sounds like a chocolate milk delivery service

btw when I was a kid we actually had a milkman. He was a Jehovah's Witness and left Watchtowers in the milk box
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:19 PM       

The only Quickster I care about.

Although the fact that they're adding game rentals is rather cool. Perhaps they'll take a bit of the marketshare from the shit Gamefly.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post

btw when I was a kid we actually had a milkman. He was a Jehovah's Witness and left Watchtowers in the milk box
I had a milk man too! He didn't leave us shit like that. I think it was because my dad was filthy rich at the time and we lived in a really high class neighborhood that we had a milk dude.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 02:48 PM       
I still use the milkbox. The neighborhood kids are always trying to bum art supplies off me, so I keep it stocked with chalk and stuff like that. They know when they're finished it has to go back in the box, and they can draw on my driveway if they want. It keeps them from being little shits in other ways.

:derailedthread
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 04:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post

When they come to the door and ask if i want to be a Jehova's Witness i tell them 'sorry, I didn't see the accident'
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 04:23 PM       
pickle.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 11:09 AM       
I like to tell them Im house sitting for some friends at the moment but that I would love to hear what they have to say at a later time. I then give the name and address of one of my friends and ask them to come by later.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 12:51 AM       
i watched real steel is actually very good i'm suprised in a very good way

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Cranberry Everything
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 01:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
dude, demon wind looks awesome. is it online somewhere?
Sorry, not that I know of. I own it on an old VHS as there is no US DVD available right now.
But I would definitely recommend tracking it down by any means necessary.

Demon Wind and Dead Dudes in the House are my two favorite "hidden gems" that I've found on my own.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 01:42 AM       
demon wind is on demon oid, i just checked

unless it's a different demon wind
Cranberry Everything
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 01:49 AM       
Yep, that's the one!
Forum Virgin
Vyvyan Basterd is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 06:01 AM       
watching xmen first class. Having a gruling hard on.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 02:13 PM       
The last movie i saw was Passione, a documentary on the music of Naples, Italy. Unsurprisingly, the music of Naples is pretty negligible.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2011, 11:36 PM       
Finished watching first xmen first class
BONER
Unfunny Python Reference
Ex Leper is probably a real personEx Leper is probably a real person
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 12:55 AM       
Howling 3: The Marsupials: Awesomely horrible.
Old Oct 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM       
dragons forever
chan/hung/biao, awesome. though i think the best scene is in the beginning when jackie chan (a defense attorney!) wins a case and his client goes to shake his hand and jackie punches him in the gut and then the face. the judge, on his way out of the courtroom, looks at jackie and shakes his head. awesome.

tiger cage
all right if you watch a movie because it has jackie chan in it and nothing else, you're usually going to be entertained. if you watch a movie because it has donnie yen in it and nothing else, fuck this shitty fucking movie.

the legend of zu
netflix has this mis-labeled as zu warriors from the magic mountain. this is the shitty re-make of zu warriors from the magic mountain. we got 20 minutes in before turning it off. fuck you, netflix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex Leper View Post
Howling 3: The Marsupials: Awesomely horrible.
man, that's my go-to shitty dvd that i make people watch with me. i've seen it way too many times.

i'm naming my second child jerboa jerboa (the first child is aram fingal (RIP raul julia)).