Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Comics 'n Books
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 02:56 AM        Comics 'n Books moderator
There's lots of stuff you could do in this forum. You could be running a little book club. You could have weekly topics.

Someone should organize these events, who I can also trust with light moderating powers.

Who should this person be?

Hint: not zomboid
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 03:03 AM       
I'll do it if you absolutely need someone and no one wants it. I've never moded before, but I have a lot of time on my hands. The only issue is that I'm on a crappy computer and couldn't help if board attacks happen.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 04:19 AM       
I've have a few ideas that people might enjoy doing in here. I'm good with coming up with ideas. Book clubs would be fail here I think. But writing projects would probably work.
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 09:54 AM       
Writing projects would be very cool, and I think an interest could be formed for something like that. I'd offer myself up for the position, but I've got a full class schedule this semester--plus a broken computer--and I'd hate to end up being that person.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM       
I'd like this position if possible. Honestly as far as event ideas go I'm pretty much drawing a blank but that's a quick fix, just do what MLE did with the Event idea thread in Art Shit and see what people would generally be interested in.

Edit: Also, I'd like to create a sticky thread for published works where people can link to books they've written or to sites they write for.

Last edited by King Hadas : Jan 12th, 2008 at 07:43 PM.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 08:32 PM       
Fuck you chojin! :D

Also, I think it should be a non new person

That was very funny. Well done.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 09:19 PM       
Well, I could do it.
Itsa me!
Qwarx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 12th, 2008, 09:30 PM       
I thought he was going to say "not Qwarx/ZBF".
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 01:23 AM       
Cliff Steele also threw his hat in. We'll put it to a vote later, maybe.

And yeah, requirements for the position include that you be here at least a year and that you've never been banned before.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 02:54 AM       
I could do this.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 03:44 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
requirements for the position include that you be here at least a year
Hmmm, I don't think I want to reveal who I really am just to be a mini mod.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 13th, 2008, 06:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Hmmm, I don't think I want to reveal who I really am just to be a mini mod.
You cheeky devil, you.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 11:41 AM       
I could do it. It would help me to get back into the reading thing since I'm getting a Masters in it. Plus, my constant moaning and groaning about the state of comics is always good for a chuckle.
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 03:24 PM        Comics 'n' books forum moderator
Here is my proposal if I am Moderator:

A monthly book club
Hopefully we could get 5 or 6 people to participate in this, taking a suggestion from a different member each month. Of course this would probably go as time goes on, but this doesn't have to be a huge forum. I would like this forum to retain the small feel of art shit. I want it to get enough activity to justify itself, I remember several occasions seeing the comic book forum go months with no posts , and the book forum several weeks. There are enough people with interest to make this work as long as there are things to do there, and not just "hay have youia herad of the zombie survaval guide?"

Caption the comic
for the last two weeks of the month I would put up a 3 panel comic strip and run a contest to see who comes up with the best lines. The winner would receive a comic book related prize(maybe a comic itself, heroclix booster, action figure,etc.)

I would plan various other forum events also, such as, as suggested by chojin, weekly discussion threads, locking at the end of the week. I also think there is alot of room for writings here that just isn't being exploited by the right people. No matter who the moderator ends up being, lets at least turn this into a servicable community.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 04:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbu Manowar View Post
I could do it. It would help me to get back into the reading thing since I'm getting a Masters in it. Plus, my constant moaning and groaning about the state of comics is always good for a chuckle.
I think Zbu would be the best of all those mentioned thus far :O

God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM       
When I saw this thread the first person I though of was Zbu, I just hoped he wouldn't show up so I could get those delicious moderator powers but now that his here his definitely the most qualified. Cliff Steele would probably be second in line if Zbu couldn't do it for some reason.
was never good
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 08:21 AM       
Would Zbu actually show up at least every other day and work to keep the forum active?
The Wolf
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 12:10 PM       
In like 7 years, cliff has a total of 508 posts, so I'm assuming zbu will be able to show up as much, if not more often. Since those two seem to be the only ones being seriously considered, I'd say give it to zbu :O

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM       
If the main choice's activity is dependent on getting the p0w3r then they are doing it for the wrong reasons.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 05:36 PM       
Whoa, Pub. Way to sound liek the voice of reason.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:22 PM       
It's not so much about the power as the prestige. Also, this being the only message board I frequent and one I've been frequenting for four years now it would be nice to have a larger role in how it functions. I know the first thing I'd do if I was given mod privileges over this forum is change the name of it back to Recommended Reading. I respect Dr. Boogie as radical free thinker but you shouldn't throw away tradition just because it's not hip and happen 'n.

I really like what MLE did with Art Shit but I don't think it's possible to get people here that interested in creative writing. A drawing only takes a second to evaluate, if you like it you can spend more time taking in the details if you don't you simple move on. You (I at least) invest a lot more energy and time when reading something.

Another thing, if you have a book club idea or creative writing project you think people would be interested in than you should go ahead and start it up. You don't need mod privileges or a mods permission to do this.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:27 PM       
Can we start a poll? We need more polls. I like polls.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 06:59 PM       
you can make it me ill only fuck with people for fun and I'll remember fun is always the funnest!

i dont have dedicated internet right now but i probably will soon
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:46 PM       
I'll never make a poll. I just like them.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 08:17 PM       
I'm writing short stories. I'll submit them when finished. But I'm not TRYING to write something.