Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 01:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I love how all the money in the world is poured into making people aware of breast cancer, yet I'd wager that not a tenth of that amount would go to actual research.
Finally someone else gets it. My aunt has been all about pink ribbon shit since my mom got BC in 2000.

I just want to tell her that it would be a much better idea for her to just write a fucking check to the ACS instead of buying pink ribbon notebooks and pink ribbon sweaters and pink ribbon car magnets and pink ribbon pens and pink ribbon fucking dildos.

Especially because she's a raging bitch. One time while visiting with my parents at our other house, she was talking about some piece of decor and she said "I get this when you're gone." She said that shit, to my mom's face. She said that to a terminally ill person. My mom just said "well shit, I ain't dead yet!"

This is also the woman who, when my grandmother died, lumped all of her stuff together (including old books, clothes, and fucking photographs) to throw away.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 01:59 PM       
A friend of mine told his terminally ill aunt last night that it was just god calling her home.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 02:05 PM       
That's one painful call.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 02:06 PM       
A long distance call.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 02:10 PM       
always check caller id before answering
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 02:31 PM       
Guys, guys, guys. Hugs and stuff. <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
That looks impossible read.
I am saddened by how easily bad formating leads to a TL:DR from me. I didn't even focus on the first word before giving up.
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
A friend of mine told his terminally ill aunt last night that it was just god calling her home.
auugh fuck religion and fuck people for saying stupid shit.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 03:33 PM       
There's no "finally" about it...many, many cancer patients fucking hate ribbons. Think Before You Pink is a good example. I fucking hate going into a grocery store in October and everyone's just packaged shit in a pink box to exploit the breast cancer frenzy.

Last year I wore a shirt that said, "I'm confused...was someone FOR breast cancer?"

Edit: I also altered a roll of "pink ribbon" wrapping paper and crossed out all the pink ribbons with a sharpie, then used that for gifts that year.
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM       
I support pencils

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 03:49 PM       
Think before you ink.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:00 PM       
I actually wear purple ribbons, not that anybody pays attention to them. Perhaps that's the purpose of creating awareness.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM       
I'm glad that the ribbon for brain tumors is gray (HA HA GRAY MATTER GET IT) and too ugly to be marketable.

Edit: As far as purple ribbons are concerned, they're one of those that has been appropriated for so many ailments that it'd be hard to tell what you were trying to raise awareness of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_ribbon
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:05 PM       
Sometimes I tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
It's usually Domestic Violence. But yeah, I looked that up once and it was discouraging.
frappez le cochon rouge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Sometimes I tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree.
I like that song.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:06 PM       
What colour ribbon do I wear to remind everyone there is like a billion ways we can suffer and die at any moment?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM       
rainbow
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM       
Do as I do and just be a maypole.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM       
a maypole of sadness
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:34 PM       
also, if anyone said "I get this when you're gone", I'd do everything I could to make damn sure they didn't.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:38 PM       
Yeah, I'm like that. My siblings aren't getting jack shit when I kick the bucket.

Hundreds of dollars stolen. HUNDREDS.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM       
They could have it.... After I shot a duce in it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 04:57 PM       
I come from a well balanced family. I think even in the toughest times we'll still be more worried about each other rather than ourselves.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 05:00 PM       
Fuck that, I hate most of them. The only people I could really give a damn about are my mom and some of her family.
Old Oct 1st, 2009, 05:24 PM       
I saw this on a car once:

and started laughing immediately. RAISE AWARENESS FOR THE GREAT BASKETBALL TRAGEDY.

So after the Virginia Tech shooting, the store I was working at made ribbon pins from shit in the floral department and tried to sell them for 99 cents each (proceeds going to, um, the grocery department)--I was pissed because, seriously, fuck you.

Fuck ribbons.

Fuck awareness.

Want to know something else that pisses me off, on the topic?

"Save the Ta-tas."

I understand doing what you can to find humor in any situation, but fuck you.