Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2004, 10:33 AM       
in living color
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM       
Full House, Punky Brewster, Wonder Years, Alf

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:50 AM       
i watched all those tgif shows alot and of course i watched nick at nite.

dude i forgot about star trek even though its gay i used to watch that alot after school. i used to watch rocky and bullwinkle in the mornings beofre school too.

dont forget mr belvedere guys

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2004, 12:35 PM       
WKRP, Kotter, Cheers, M.A.S.H., Lance Link - Secret Chimp (that's children's though) the Monkees, and that time travel show with the kid with the huge curly 'fro and the older dude who killed himself by putting a pistol loaded with blanks upside his head...

What the hell was that show called? There was like a little globe on the 'fro kids watch or something? Anybody?

and of course, Magnum P.I., Knight Rider, A-team, etc.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2004, 02:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by huond
what kid didn't watch beavis and butthead? except those with jewparents
my mom

my dad watched it tho so i saw it a couple times with him, but it was mostly when they watched music vids and i don't remember the other parts
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2004, 03:10 PM       
Get A Life was huge for me when I was a kid
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2004, 04:08 PM       
Wonder Years and the Chipmunks

Freaky Sheek is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:15 AM       
In Living Color, Married... With Children, Hermans Head, and TGIF.

and sometimes the simpsons.
Mocker
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:17 AM       
My Family were big Married With Children fans. In Living Color my dad watched. I recall watching it but never really digging it THAT much.

I've been watching the simpsons from the very first episode. My mom got us into it, because she liked the Tracey Ullman show. we used to tape them. I wish we'd saved those tapes because I remember about 5 years before the DVDs came out, tapes of original broadcasts of the Simpsons were pretty valuable.

I never mentioned this, but I was a huge USA Up All Night viewer when I was a kid. I had a TV in my bedroom with cable and I'd litteraly stay UP ALL NIGHT with my hand down my pants. I really fucking miss that show. I remember when it was on it's last legs and they'd show like regular movies, and there were no more host segments. There were stupid computor animated bumpers, and then they'd show like GATTACA. It was a very sad day the first time I saw what had become of this show.

I suppose I was pretty young when I got into Kids in the Hall. I watched it before MST3K. Kids in the Hall made me want to write sketch comedy, and I wrote tons of really bad Kids in the Hall rip-off sketches. They are really embarassing and thankfully they are all gone forever, from when my first computor died. I remember when they used to have Kids in the Hall marathons every January, and they showed 8 hours of Kids in the Hall, from 8 PM to 4 AM. I had a horrible flu and I taped the whole marathon, but I didn't want to tape it in SLP mode, and I didn't want to have to take tapes out in the middle of episodes or cut off credits, so I used two different VCRs, one upstairs and one downstairs, and I ran between them every 2 hours. I was so sick and I felt like I was going to die, and I should have been in bed, but I stayed up to watch the whole goddamn thing.

Squirt TV was on MTV for 6 episodes, and I fucking LOVED that show. I was 12 years old I think. Mostly because they had Kevin and Scott from KITH on it to promote Brain Candy.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:57 AM       
haha forgot about mr belvedere whoreable, also i watched facts of life, 9 to 5, whos the boss, family ties (almost makes me want to bring back my family ties signature lol)

i used to watch all of those at some point mostly because of their proximity in time slot placement on local stations (haha also in the heat of the night and mcgyver and cheers and murphy brown)

pppsss fucking beverly hillbillies and i love lucy also and maybe some petticoat junction andy griffith sh*t yknow

the problem is that being a kid lasts so long that there are too many shows to name
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:26 AM       
Wait, how come nobody's mentioned MacGyver yet?
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:39 AM       
look above your post dude

man i could watch any shitty cheesy sitcom when i was young and be mildly entertained, i would even watch those shitty shows like out of this world and small wonder and i loved it

i guess i have a alot shorter attention span now cause i can barley pay attention to shows i want to watch at this age nintendo games rotted my brain
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:41 AM       
Oh yeah. I did a search for 'macg', and Adventure misspelled it so IE didn't find it.

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:25 PM       
I didnt really understand In Living Color until I was older and when it was on FX.

My brother got me onto the Simpsons, but I didnt appreciate them until I was a little older. The same with the older SNL's. I had seen Kids in the Hall, but I was pretty young at that time.

I used to watch Gilligins Island and The Three Stooges too.

and even though I dont know if this counts since I watched it later, but I loved Newsradio.
Mocker
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:33 PM       
I watched Small Wonder when I was a kid, and I didn't really realize how fucking insane it was untill recently when I downloaded an episode.

I used to wake up early every morning to watch 2 episodes of Gilligan's Island on like TNT or something. I used to watch Letterman with my parents, when I'd sleep in their bed. I can kindasorta remember some probably great weird comedy bits, a lot of Chris Elliott.

I loved Space Ghost Coast to Coast in it's first/second season, but didn't get Cartoon Network. My cousin got it, and we'd watch it at his house (because it's not a colored show).

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:56 PM       
I used to watch Johnny Carson when I was real young, but I dont really remember much of it. Then Jay Leno took over and I think that is why I dont really care for him. I have watched Letterman for quite a long time, and still do.

I dont think I got into Space Ghost Coast to Coast until the third or fourth season, but after that I watched it every time I knew it was on.

I used to watch Threes Company before school every morning.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:32 PM       
I remember my parents wouldn't let me watch the Simpsons until I was 12 or something
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 02:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
Wait, how come nobody's mentioned MacGyver yet?
My hero, he could make a bomb out of a single toothpick.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:39 PM       
As a kid The Simpsons was my favorite TV show of all time. I didn't even get most of the references but I still laughed.

I also loved Nick At Nite. I would stay up all night just to watch I Love Lucy, Wounder Years, The Facts Of Life ( shut up it was a good show ) and Happy Days

huond is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2004, 05:43 PM       
I loved the critic so much as a kid. We had all of them on tape from their original air but we lost one of the tapes, but I still watched the shit out of that other tape.

My dad loved the simpsons and taped all those too. I still have most of them but I dont know why because no one ever watches them. There was always a constant arguement with my mom that it wasn't funny

Oh fucking shits, i LOVED space ghost when it was brand new. I remember so clearly staying up, drinking OK Soda (oh fuck, i miss that stuff too ) and watching Banjo for like the 8th time. I like completely forgot about it and assumed it was cancelled after I stopped seeing Cartoon Planet on until like 2000 or 2001.

Monty Python's Flying Circus blah blah blah

I was 12 when South Park and Viva Variety both came on and I loved them both.

I would watch the state everytime I saw it on

I started watching SNL pretty regularly in about 2nd or 3rd grade because I thought Wayne's World was fucking hilarious

Gilligan's Island, Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, I Dream of Jeanie, Mr. Ed, etc.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2004, 05:48 PM       
Giligan's Island 4eva

I also remember watching SNL as a youngin

And space ghost I've been watching since like the first episode aired ( not Elevator, that one aired third :nerd )
Mocker
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:53 PM       
I watched SNL too. Yeah, I remember a lot of Mike Myers and Dana Carvey and shit. I remember having a friend over and watching the Toonces the Driving Cat primetime special. Shit that's a great fucking special. I have it on video, watched it a few weeks ago. I remember referencing "Schwing!" and not knowing what it meant.

I watched the Critic from the first episode too. It cracked me up. I remember sometimes I'd laugh at references I didn't get just because i knew they were SUPPOSED to be funny and my dad would be like "you GOT that?? "

I remember going to all the video stores in town to rent all the Monty Python's Flying Circus videos. No one video store had all of them, they'd have like 10 of them and I found all but one and taped them all.

I watched the State because it came on before (or after?) Beavis and Butt-head. It fucking cracked me up, dude. The State is one of my favoritest shows ever.

I've been watching a lot of Beavis and Butt-head because I've been transfering my collection to DVD. There are many episodes I can remember exactly where and who I was with when I first saw it. I can't say that for any other shows.

I was 13 when South Park came on... Saw and TAPED the very first airing of the very first episode.

Old May 5th, 2004, 07:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
I was 13 when South Park came on... Saw and TAPED the very first airing of the very first episode.
me 3, unless you mean the stealth pilot

I was lucky enough to have a video store right by my house that had TONS of old tapes for 75 cents for five days and they had every Flying Circus tape I rented them all at least 3 times. I sooo fucking regret not going down there when they were selling off all their tapes when they closed

Old May 5th, 2004, 07:42 PM       
i was going to put it in both times i posted today and i forgot and rongi's thread just reminded me....Seinfeld I miss the days of 9-10 pm on fox being syndicated Simpsons/Seinfeld here.