Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 10:00 PM        Gimme a reason why I should NOT join the marines.
The armed forces pays for room AND food. Two things I have not been able to pay for on thier own. While in basic training, food is just given to people. They basicaly just say "Here you go, have some food!". I am always hungry. can anybody tell me if joining the armed forces at the ripe old age of 25 is a bad idea? The rorshach can, but he doesn't post here anymore.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 10:03 PM       
If anyone should join the armed forces at this point in history, it should be you.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 10:07 PM       
Secret Service .
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 10:10 PM       
I'm not sure if that was a racist comment, so I will asume it was. The army's website proclaims that they offer people "jobs". However, these "jobs" come with health insurance. Such coverage is unobtainable running a tire changing machine. I wan't to die.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 7th, 2003, 10:47 PM       
Ror still posts, but only in the politics/philosophy forum.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 12:18 AM       
blackflag isn't in the marines, have you seen him?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 01:24 AM       
You have to get up at five.

MK IV is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 03:15 AM        FMJ
Theres always some fat kid who gets bullied and go's crazy ,then shoots himself at graduation.
I sure hope that wont be you .
Captain Bukakke
Tropical is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 03:35 AM       
The marine corps never die, so therefore you never die

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 04:49 AM       
You'll end up getting a bunch of whiney, faggot ass, bleeding heart liberals calling you a fucking baby killer, just because you mowed down a bunch of arab children. What the fuck, you're just preventing future terrorists right? Of course they scare easily and won't be any match for a fucking hard core marine like you.

Muslim women tend to be screamers, that might give away your position to the enemy, when you're implimenting your "aggressive breeding" strategy. Of course you could always take the rags that they cover themselves with and just shove them in their mouths first.

Then there's always that whole "Gulf War syndrome" that's all the latest rage nowadays. Of course you might not get sent to Iraq, you might get sent some other backward 5th world land of sand, rocks and people who insist on still living in the 12th century.

Nope, I can't think of one good reason why you shouldn't join. Free food, free housing, you get a gun, you get to kill people legally, and you get payed for it. And chances are you'll never get killed in "real" combat since its not like you're fighting some worthy enemies like the Nazis or Commies, chances are more likely you'll get blown up by some misguided Islamic nutcase, so death will be instant and you won't even know what hit you.

And even then, you'll still get a cool coffin and get hailed as a heroic patriot!

I think you should join, Uncle Sam needs you!

Evil Empire Enterprises
Where we say "Fuck your culture and human rights, we're bigger than you!"
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 08:18 AM       
man, if you don't care that while you are enlisted you are government PROPERTY, then go for it.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 01:38 PM       
mad max, you go against the norm! you're wild!

The Selfish Gene Hunter
Crimson Ghost is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 02:47 PM       
The armed forces "gives" you clothes, food and a place to live. Then when they pay you, they take money for expenses, like food, clothes, and a place to live. It's all a big hoodwink. If anything, start your own auto place. Make some money. Move to a poor country where your money is worth more. Get some slaves. Sell cocaine to lazy Americans. Become a warlord. Start your own Evil Robot Marines Corp. Everything will fall into place, I promise.

Bottom line: Don't join the marines (you smoke to much pot).
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 03:01 PM       
I will apoint you minister of oppression.
The Selfish Gene Hunter
Crimson Ghost is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 03:03 PM       
Can I have "camps"?
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 03:16 PM       
All the "camps" you want!

Snatchtastic is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 03:30 PM        .
You really will be an EVIL ROBOT. My friend went into the Marines but was discharged because his TOE kept breaking but when he came back he was spouting giberish about The Corps. They make you memorize all sorts of random useless shit.

But just think, you get to wake up really early and Run, and hack up all that resin.

budgetjiggalo is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 03:46 PM       
The stupidest guy I know went to the marines but was discharged because he was coughing up blood and because a drill seargent smashed his hand and now he has no feeling in it.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 07:19 PM       
How/why did the drill sargent smash his hand?
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 07:53 PM       
I went through the same process almost. I was going to join the Air Force. I have a college degree but was working shit jobs and it seemed like a good idea, they offer you all these incentives and room and board is nice to, and the recruiter offers you all these "great" job possibilites.

But then after two long days in the MEPS (had to get there at 4 am to start mediacl testing) they sit you down and put a paper in front of you and casually say, "sign here and then after you go through the swearing in ceremony will talk about jobs." Wait a tick, I said, I thought I could have a job promised to me? "oh yeah, but first you have to sign yourself in. Well the jobs I was interested in weren't even open yet so why should I sign? "Just do it, that way when they open up you'll have a BETTER CHANCE of getting in." So that means even though I want to do programming I might end up as a dishwasher. So I walked out. I didn't like the shadyness they try to pull over you.

I'm sure it's a good path to take if you are really die-hard about the armed forces, but if you're just doing it for a job, then I don't think it's the way to go.

Plus, my former roommate has been in Iraq since March... I don't want to be there.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 07:56 PM       
Because he was stupid.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 07:56 PM       
Maybe I'll just join a survivalist group. Conneticiut has one called the CSA. It's good because theyre not crazy anti semite KKK bastards, they just like to get drunk and shoot stuff.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 08:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabby
I'm sure it's a good path to take if you are really die-hard about the armed forces, but if you're just doing it for a job, then I don't think it's the way to go.
d00d, you didn't even make it past MEPS. You have no clue what the fuck you're talking about.

Now, I wouldn't suggest joining the Corps, but it all depends on what type of person you are. Conformity is superficial when it comes to the armed forces. It's a steady, decent paycheck which increases as you promote (frequently) and on the 1st day of every new year.
George was a Marine and I'm sure he can attest to all the bullshit you have to put up with. Yes, Jarheads tend to be a bit more gungho (read: robots), however, they also tend to be a bit more kickass. I would suggest the Air Force. They pay the same as everyone else, the girls are more bountiful and the odds of ending up trekking in sand dunes are less.

If you're seriously considering joining, talk to someone who's been in for at least 3 years - they can give you an objective view. Don't talk to the recruiter first. They'll fill your head with shit.

budgetjiggalo is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 01:08 AM       
Chimp pegged it, but also because he was a redneck and racist, and the drill seargent was black.
Bestrest is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2003, 11:06 AM       
Hmm, Would you like to be with the Village People type of guys and sing In the navy song every 10 mins? and BE ASSRAPED EVERY NIGHT BY YOUR MARINE BUDDIES?

well, sorta, yeah..