FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2010, 11:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
you tards realize you can just link your games, right

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrpayback/games
It's not as impressive as posting a 3000 pixel long list, though.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 12:54 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
you tards realize you can just link your games, right

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrpayback/games
Furthermore we tards like the pretty pictures from the lists so far
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 24th, 2010, 06:00 AM       
motherfucker is too good for anything anybody does on this message board
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM       
Psychonauts is $2. For anyone that doesn't already have it.

I didn't give it it's fair shot on the Xbox, but I bought it recently off of Steam and everything's cooler than I remember. I'm not skipping cutscenes, either. This game's funny, y'all!

The PC controls are 31 flavors of fucked up though. I plug in my 360 controller.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 12:41 AM       
Out of the last fourteen days, I've spent 70.4 hours playing games. I'm upsetting me.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 08:23 AM       
Not enough obviously.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 08:33 AM       
Mix in some DS or PSP then. You can easily cram at least 2 more hours a day if you portable game while you are waiting to do RL things.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 09:13 AM       
There was a time when I just gave up games for a couple years. I think I'm coming up on another.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 4th, 2010, 05:31 AM       
Want Sam & Max 104?

steam://install/8230

Copy that into your address bar. They put it out as some sort of promotion or something, I dunno when.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 09:13 PM       
The beta is weird lookin'. It's all Web 2.0 with shiny gadgets and rounded corners. I haven't looked at how much of my resources it takes up, but I imagine it'd be more.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 09:57 PM       
http://steamcommunity.com/id/theSaucy/games

Does anyone know what the TF2 stat flushing does? Like, does it just clear out my time played and max kills and shit for every class, or do I lose achievements and weapons, too?

I don't like that I've got 63 points as medic from achievement farming, but I do like having every Spy achievement and a forthcoming Demoman hat with my delicious refined metal. I also kinda like how badass of a Demoman I am but I could probably repeat that eventually!

It's almost like Valve should just introduce stat flushing for specific classes, so we can wipe away our achievement shame. I'd even be willing to give up all my weapons and achievements and shit for that particular class if I could just not have a retarded blemish on my record.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 10:04 PM       
I don't think you lose achievements.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 23rd, 2010, 10:10 PM       
Cool beans
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 02:56 AM       
So I just bought Supreme Commander 2 today. Didn't even know it was being released, but there you go. It was there on the shelf of Electronics Boutique in the 'new releases' section.

I commented to the guy at the counter "wow, didn't know this was out" he said "totally" or "radical" or something to that effect, and I walked out with my purchase.

Had to wait a million years for Steam to update, which left me annoyed, but still approachable. What tipped me into the realms of insanity is that I then get a message telling me that I can't play this game; as it is yet to be released.

What the fuck? I can't express how pissed off this makes me. Not that I don't get to play a game I bought on a whim for another few days ("approximately 2 days and 17 hours"), but just that they sold it to me, in a case, hard copy etc, and I can't play it because it "hasn't been released yet". Surely the fact that it is on a shelf in it's final, finished DVD glory with instruction manual and everything included is enough to count as having been released? No?

Do they do this a lot with games nowadays? I haven't encountered it yet.

It's bullshit, and I'm going to take it back tomorrow and tell the fuck face on the counter it's not actually released, despite it actually being released.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 03:52 AM       
For whatever reason, games get released at weird times of the day, as opposed to when the day rolls around. The only explanation I have is time zones or something like that.

That and retailers put out the games early.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 03:04 PM       
Download a crack?

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 03:27 PM       
That would probably work but just thinking about having to download a crack for a game you purchased is annoying.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM       
It's definitely not the best solution, but it's that or wait an extra couple days because people are shit.

Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:40 AM       
I guess I blow it out of proportion, and it's certainly not the worst thing in the world. I guess it just strikes me as a very strange practice, and I can't think of a reason why it would be a good business idea to sell your game but prevent people from playing it for a few days.

What is worse now is that this game is getting shit reviews, and is apparently a huge step backwards from the original. Nice.

PS: once you attempt to install the game by using the CD Key, (you can't actually install it because it isn't released, of course) then you forfeit your chance to return it. I signed an agreement, apparently.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 05:47 AM       
You know that's your fault, though, right?
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 06:01 AM       
Yes, it probably states in the agreement that Square Enix have the right to allow me to play the game when they see fit as long as I press OK. On the other hand, if it doesn't, I only have to wait a few more days before I CAN play it, so it's not an issue after that time where it would be worth arguing over.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 11:40 AM       
I mean you buying a shitty game you knew next to nothing about and not being able to return it.

Whims suck.
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:28 PM       
Ha! Yeah, I guess that is my fault, but I loved the first one and usually games don't get ... actually, never mind that, a lot of the time sequels are worse.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 3rd, 2010, 09:49 PM       
Bah. It's aight. I bought the Gridrunner/Space Giraffe pack on Steam yesterday for $15, only to find out there was a sale where both were $2 not even an hour later.