Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Rise above it. Or you shouldn't do art.
You're an idiot.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM       
You're a virgin.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 12:58 PM       
"Yes, Madam, I am. But in the morning, I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 01:05 PM       
You know, the likelihood of finding true love decreases every day as you inch your way toward imminent, lonely death.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 05:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
You're an idiot.
i think he's right in a way. i dont think it should be stamped out completely, because being totally self confident robs the drive to get better, but 'rising above it' could just mean having the moxie to do it and put it out there and believing in it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 05:40 PM       
Fuckin' A. I meant that you should give it around to other people before you start hacking apart your own work. It may be good. By that same token, you might think you work sucks, therefore what's the reason anyone else would think any better of it? It's something I struggle with a lot.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 05:53 PM       
Actually, lemee condense that. There's a difference between you thinking your work sucks and you thinking other people think your work sucks.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 05:55 PM       
Oh man, Agreed.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jun 16th, 2008, 10:09 PM       
i think it's a thin line that other people are much better at being paid to manage (agents) than people on the internet are. how to transmit excitement about your work but not look naive in comparison to much better work (which there always will be). how to sell your ideas to others while not coming off as an arrogant prick. knowing your flaws without being cowardly about them.... it's difficult and i havent seen many people handle it with grace aside from just keeping quiet and the explanations terse, but i like to TAAAAAAALK about it. there's a reason for everything. i like being kind of transparent about what i do because goddamn it i am onto something

but it's just not classy...
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 11:02 AM       
so guys, how 'bout that art stuff?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 23rd, 2008, 05:52 PM       
HOW ART IS IT?
kitatsdiuqil
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 12:55 AM       
VERY ART D:
kitatsdiuqil
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 12:57 AM       
I just found this picture I did sometime way back, it looks shitty now, but I was proud of it at the time

http://i25.tinypic.com/72ej28.jpg :O!
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 07:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
what about when that someone is constantly plagued by self-doubt.
i doubt my design abilities on a consistent basis, and i think everyone close to me is tired of pulling me out of that hole (faculty included) and assuring me that i'll actually go somewhere now that i've graduated. i've raised the notion that maybe because i want to be nuanced so much it's feeling rather repetitious in the video, but i'm being told by lots of people that it's all good and i need to let go. my adviser said something i still dont quite understand: "it's more of a song than any concentrated message, i think if the message were the real emphasis it would get repetitive, but it isnt, so it's ok"

or something like that. all i know is the next one just has to be better.
I thought I could cut it as a journo, but after three months at a fashion magazine I'd had enough criticism to confirm my own self-doubt. I knew there were worse writers in the business, and I envied their ignorance. Truth is, FZ is right. You do have to rise above it, or else face being drawn into a self-confidence freefall.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 6th, 2008, 12:55 PM       
Hey, a question: How do i manage to draw a A3 fashion pic? I'm a really small drawer, I can't stand making big pics, but now I have to do four for uni. Hints on making bigger pics?
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 04:01 PM       
The best way to let go of the small-picture inhibitions is to get a huge sheet of paper and intentionally draw something at least twice life-size. Try it a few times, and try to look for other things to make the space interesting.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 11:26 AM       
Okpoke.
I'll attempt it!

Wild crayoning at the ready.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2008, 03:11 AM       
Using crayons on their sides or messy charcoal and working in a large room where you can step back 10-15 feet from it really helps!
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 03:39 PM       
finally doing my portfolio.
it's going to be a book. a decent sized hardcover
and it's going to cost out the ass to make it.
if anyone knows a place that will print custom made books like lulu.com but will do it in large formats (10x13, 12x12, etc) let me know.
using shutterfly right now and it's going to kill my bank account.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 25th, 2008, 11:26 PM       
I know Staples prints and binds books, but I don't know if they're hardcover or not or how much they cost.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 07:02 PM       
well, i'm going through with it i'm going to eat it but i've seen examples and i cant think of anything more perfect.
made the cover using the most minimal execution that i liked of what the whole thing is largely about.

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 07:42 PM       
Das ist gut.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 01:36 AM       
I <3 that plane.
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old Sep 10th, 2008, 04:31 AM       
Anyone into clay animation? (mainly Claymation, Will Vinton's trademarked version of it)

I moved to Portland from Seattle to try to get work and so far got a test, but I'd sweep floors for them just to get a foot in the door.

My favorite stuff is Meet The Raisins and the Adventures of Mark Twain. Those films were on a level all their own. It's a shame clay kind of fell by the wayside in favor of cheaper materials.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 03:23 PM       
There sure are a lot of stickies

What are you art fags up to?