Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 05:53 AM        Death
My grandmother is dying, if she isn't already dead by the time that I post this. There's no way around it, she has cancer in her bone marrow and the doctors say that she has a few days, at best. I went today to go see her for the first time since she went to the hospital, a visit long neglected due to work and school. When I first saw her, I thought I had gone into the wrong room. A face that had once been so vibrant and full of life was now sullen and hollow, reminiscent of Holocaust victims seen in pictures at the end of World War II. Her breathing was painful and laborious, more like a choking gasp than anything else. She could barely keep her eyes open, much less speak or maintain consciousness. Though I haven't cried since the 5th grade, I freely admit that I became a bit choked up and I couldn't bear the emotion as I watched my grandfather, a man hardened by war and many years working as a steelworker, crying helplessly and trying to comfort my grandmother as she slipped in and out of pain induced nightmares.

As I tried to reconcile myself to the fact that I will never see her again, at least not in this life, I found myself unable to contain my tears. This woman had been instrumental in raising me. When I didn't have a father, when my mother didn't know how to help me, my grandparents were there. In my most troubled hours, she was always there to lend me advice or to talk me through my distress, and now I couldn't even understand her speech, much less help ease her pain. Though I know she was happy to see me, and I think it gave her strength, there's no doubt that she won't last much longer. It's 4:51 a.m., central time, as I post this. A few hours ago, she asked permission from my mother, my uncles, and most importantly, my grandfather, to let go of this life because she was tired of fighting. There's nothing I can do. My frustration is overwhelming.

But it's okay guys, CAUSE I HAD REESES FOR BREAKFAST
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 06:12 AM       
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 06:17 AM       
CANDY FOR BREAKFAST?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 11:39 AM       
my grandfather died of cancer a year and a half ago :<

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:10 PM       
cancers a beast :o
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM       
:condolences emoticon
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM       
My uncle shot himself two Februarys ago. He had terminal prostate cancer. I'd say my condolences, but I couldn't sincerely. Death means very little to me. And I didn't know the old biddy. People die, blah blah blah. I'm sure you've already heard that. I just hope the time that you had with her was memorable enough to live on with you in what's left of your lifetime.

Maybe my dog, and even that'd be a stretch.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 02:03 PM       
I find it is harder to see people die the longer I live.

I just lost my brother to suicide last October. It hasn't even been a year yet. I know how you feel, you will miss her for some time yet. Funny thing is, I started remebering all the good things about my little brother instead of the bad after we lost him. He was struggling with schizophrenia for the last 10 years and it was getting worse and worse every year.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 02:19 PM       
That is awful

I also feel like a dick for laughing at that last part, thanks
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 02:21 PM       
Why ask for permission to die? She's entitled to die when and where she feels like it.
Adarg is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 02:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
I also feel like a dick for laughing at that last part, thanks
You aren't the only one. That may have been the best laugh I've had all day.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 9th, 2008, 03:36 PM       
Your grandmother can tell when it's time to die, but can she tell why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

/cereal jokes

I recall watching my grandfather waste away to a shell of his former self before succumbing to death. Wasn't very pleasant. Condolences.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.

Last edited by McClain : Jun 13th, 2008 at 02:09 PM.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 03:18 PM       
Emily and I watched my grandmother die in some hospice. I don't know if that's the only time I've seen my father cry, but I'll certainly remember it.

So, good luck, and all that.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 07:08 PM       
I witnessed my father during cancer, shortly afterwards my cousin hanged himself with a shower curtain. I can't say I can fathom your pain, but my condolences.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 07:15 PM       
On the plus side, is she gonna leave you anything?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 06:10 PM       
I.S., I'm truly sorry. That's a terrible thing to have to deal with. All the rest of you who have lost loved ones, you have my sympathies as well.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 06:49 PM       
I'm sorry, IS. I know what you're going through; I was born with a genetic mutation, and long story short have a 90% chance of testicular cancer, which unfortunately I believe is starting to develop.
New age settler
dj bastard is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 10:39 PM       
Sorry to hear about your loss IS.
Death and relatives, it stirs little emotion in me cos i hate all mine.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:32 PM       
she lasted longer than everyone thought she would. she passed sometime early this morning, but at least she was comfortable.

and fathom, you should really fuck off.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:35 PM       
Cry me a damn river... oh wait.
Legislacerator
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM       
boy it must hard to be such an internet badass how do you do it fathom you must get all the ladies
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:37 PM       
JERKS

Last edited by liquidstatik : Jun 14th, 2008 at 01:41 PM. Reason: JERKS
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:38 PM       
I'm sorry about my lack of couth, but I had Reeses for breakfast.
Legislacerator
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:40 PM       
that's a funny joke fathom, but I could swear that I'd seen it before!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 14th, 2008, 01:41 PM       
Okay okay. Joking about death really isn't that nice.