Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:02 PM        NYC Protest -- Saturday the 22nd
http://www.unitedforpeace.org

New York City March for Peace and Democracy

Stop the War on Iraq
Saturday, 3/22
Assemble at noon
Broadway between 38th & 41st Streets
March to Washington Square Park

Join United for Peace & Justice NYC on Saturday, 3/22, for a massive, spirited, peaceful march against war with Iraq! Show the world that New York City wants peace -- we won't let the Bush Administration use the attacks of 9/11 to justify an unprovoked and indefensible war.

We are marching not only for peace but also for democracy. The Bush Administration scorns world public opinion while gutting civil rights and civil liberties at home. Here in New York City, we have had to wage a protracted fight to have our basic right to march recognized. We are heartened that the NYPD has finally granted us a march permit -- but the length and difficulty of the process reflect an ominous attempt to restrict dissent.

Location: Gather at noon on Broadway between 38th and 42nd Streets for a march down to Washington Square Park. Bring a portable radio and tune it to WBAI 99.5 for important updates and news. You can view route maps and other march logistics on our site. [GO >>]

Leaflets: You can help get the word out during this crucial week. Leaflets are available from our distribution centers, or you can download and print or xerox it yourself. [GO >>]

Volunteer: Join our volunteer network by sending a blank email to nycvolunteers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. You'll receive specific requests for volunteer assistance, averaging one email per day.

Donate: We also greatly need your financial support -- to spread the word about this crucial anti-war march, we're distributing close to a million pieces of literature, and that costs a lot of money. You can donate online or by mail. [GO >>]

See you next Saturday -- we can still stop this war!
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:07 PM       
no you cant, its already begun.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:32 PM       
Excuse me. I actually live in NYC and I don't want some fucking Masshole coming down here and speaking for me, especially when they have no fucking clue as to what they are talking about
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:37 PM       
Ha! I lived in the city for years. Who'd want to speak for an intellectual inferior like you anyway??