Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:02 PM        Feinstein's husban lands Army contract (OOOOHHHHHHHHH!)
source: http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=32190

edit: Well, where is Max? Why isn't he getting his bagels in an uproar about this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REBUILDING IN THE GULF
Feinstein's husband lands Army contract
Report: Blum's firm awarded $600 million deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: April 22, 2003
5:00 p.m. Eastern

© 2003 WorldNetDaily.com
Questions of conflict of interest have been raised about Sen. Dianne Feinstein, after her husband's company was awarded an Army contract worth $600 million, reports the San Francisco Chronicle.

California Sen. Dianne Feinstein

According to the paper, the award to help with troop mobilization, weapons systems training and anti-terrorism efforts is the latest in a string of defense contracts given to URS Corp., a Bay area engineering firm partially owned by Richard Blum, the spouse of California Sen. Dianne Feinstein.

Blum serves on the company's board of directors and controls about 24 percent of the firm's stock, according to Hoover's Inc. research firm.

A Feinstein spokesman declined to comment on the contract.

Blum and URS representatives could not be reached for comment.

"We are very pleased with this important win, which further expands our strong relationship with the Army and demonstrates our ability to provide a full spectrum of support services to ensure that our troops remain combat ready and capable of quickly mobilizing to address threats around the world," said George R. Melton, president of the URS Corp.'s EG&G division, in a company press release.

The Chronicle reports URS has a long history of government work, but has focused more on those activities since acquiring EG&G from the Carlyle Group investment firm last year for about $500 million.

EG&G works with the military, NASA, and several federal departments, and specializes in transportation infrastructure and training people to dismantle weapons of mass destruction.

Feinstein is the ranking member of the Technology and Terrorism subcommittee and a member of the Select Committee on Intelligence, where she helps oversee U.S. counterterrorism programs.

She also serves on the Senate Appropriations Committee where she is ranking member of the Subcommittee on Military Construction.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:09 PM       
Your story doesn't say if this contract was put up for bidding or was simply awarded by the Pentagon.

If it was awarded, then there are definite issues of conflict of interest. There are even more interesting questions raised when one ask why the Pentagon might want to conflict the interests of a leading Democrat. I'll follow the story.

Good one about the bagels, though, Vince. I hope you didn't strain your linguini reaching for it.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:14 PM       
Thanks. I just had to make sure your hooked nose didn't grab my arm before I could post it.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 03:41 PM       
Your like some sort of humor God.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2003, 07:31 PM       
fienstein used to be a republican.

she helped harvey milk get assasinated along with mayor moscone...and cruised her way into the mayors position. she's evil.