Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 11:19 AM        VINCE PROVES SELF BONEHEAD ON OWN SITE!
The following quote is from an Article Vince wrote on Senator Santorums remarks casting Homosexuals in the same light as practitioners of Incest.

Vince's basic point is that while what Santorum said is bad, he's only being attacked for it because he's a Rebuplican;

"Remember Rep. James Moran, D-VA, and his sweet little comment about Israel? Rep. Moran stated, "If it were not for the strong support of the Jewish community for this war with Iraq we would not be doing this." Now, where was the major uproar at besides from the evil talk show hosts that thump their Bibles in a rhythm that sends secret messages into the air that can only be decoded by the rings given out by the Elders of Zion? I will wait while you look.

Well, couldn’t find it, huh? That’s because Sen. Santorum did not have a D by his name. That D stands for Defense. Defense from any comment you can make that would be perceived as being racist, sexist, homophobic, bigoted, etc."
-Vince

I already knew Vince was way off base, but wanted to see how difficult it was to find this out. I entered the Moran quote Vince provided and immediately came up with:

Moran steps down from leadership post
Lawmaker under fire for saying Jews push war with Iraq

RELATED
o Six Dems: Moran shouldn't run
o Moran under fire for remarks

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Harshly criticized for saying pressure from the Jewish community was driving the push toward a possible war against Iraq, Rep. James Moran stepped down Friday as a House Democratic regional whip.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi of California issued a statement indicating she left Moran, D-Virginia, with little choice but to give up his leadership post.

"I have taken this action because Congressman Moran's irresponsible remarks were a serious mistake," Pelosi said in a statement. "As I said earlier this week, his comments were not only inappropriate, they were offensive and have no place in the Democratic Party."

Moran has been under fire since March 3, when he said at an antiwar forum that Jewish leaders were pushing a war with Iraq.

It took all of two seconds to find that Moran had been widely criticozed within his own party and had been and stepped down as democratic whip. So far Santorum has not been criticized by Republican leadership and has not stepped down from anything.

Vince, did you even try to look this up?