Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM       
oxblood what are your favorite rpgs that i probably havent played

my favorite games are the tales games i need to get tales of the abyss
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 04:15 PM       
What do people see in the Tales series?

I thought Phantasia on the SNES was all right, probably just because it didn't have any voice acting, but I don't think I hate any game more than I hate Tales of Symphonia.

Everything about it is so completely wrong that I'm still not sure if the developers weren't trying make the worst game they possibly could.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 04:33 PM       
The combat was cool. And some of the music.

Haven't touched any post-Symphonia, though. When I replayed it, I realized the story wasn't as cool as when I was 16.

@kahljorn: the Mario and Luigi games are fantastic (except the second one), and the Paper Mario games are great. Also depending on how tolerant you are of grinding, Persona 3 and 4 are really cool. And depending on how old school you are (as in, Phantasy Star oldschool) the Etrian Odyssey games are addictive.

God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 05:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaljorn
Definitely, Tales of Abyss is the best; I recommend it to everyone. After playing it I went through all the Tales games I owned for a comparative good time but none of them got my dick as hard.

Tales of ___ Reviews!

Tales of Symphonia
Played it when I was younger, left no impression which isn't a good sign. Tried it again now, lame. Also It sucks how every other character could fight on a 3d plane while I was stuck on a 2d one (tale of abyss isn't like that).

Tales of Legendia
The cover art makes the characters look interesting, they aren't. Nothing in this game is.

Tales of Phantasia
I played it in spanish and the story seemed more engaging than jrpg's usually are. The fighting mechanics are clunky though.

Tales of Destiny 2 (AKA Tales of Eternia)
Played it when I was younger and it left a huge impression on me. Playing it now I'm still impressed, though it's not as good as in memory. The voice acting is awful but you can turn it off which shows great foresight on the designers part.

Tales of Destiny
meh
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 05:42 PM       
Quote:
What do people see in the Tales series?
What do you see in yourself besides an annoying know it all

I love tales of phantasia that's probably my favorite rpg ever. The bad guy in that game was so bad ass and the time travel was very well thought out.

Tales of legendia did kind of suck.. at least the story. But i guess theres like a post-game game or something? i dunno i kind of gave up on it. I hated that the whole game takes place on that dumb island. The fighting was cool in it though. I remember getting some awesome combos.

i have tales of vesparia and its pretty cool but i wish it was less childish. The graphics for it are pretty awesome, the whole thing is like playing an anime basically. It had a lot of really cool elements but it would be nice if it was a little darker and had less silliness. Also I thought the ending was kind of disappointing and i wish there was more abilities, but the ones that were in the game were cool. fortunately its one of those games that has replay value.. i still need to do my second playthrough.

ill definitley have to pick up abyss.. i need to buy a new playstation 2 and mod it now that i have some money
i also like the star ocean games a lot. Never played the newest star ocean, maybe i should try that. last hope new hope whatever was ok.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 24th, 2011, 06:37 PM       
The only Star Ocean game I've ever played was End of Time. I remember three things about it.

One of the major boss fights is with a black man

The incredible twist

And that the ending was so boring I couldn't sit through it.

Quote:
It had a lot of really cool elements but it would be nice if it was a little darker and had less silliness.
You'll like Abyss then, maybe. The endings kind of disappointing too. It's one of those endings where the fate of the main character is left to ambiguity, which is great but then after the credits the designers pussed out and ruin it.

Quote:
Tales of legendia did kind of suck.. at least the story. But i guess theres like a post-game game or something? i dunno i kind of gave up on it. I hated that the whole game takes place on that dumb island. The fighting was cool in it though. I remember getting some awesome combos.
If a game sucks I can let that go without any real rancor, but Legendia's cover art totally tricked me. You have this zazzy looking frankenstein guy, looking all original and interesting, but in-game his the most generic jRPG hero there ever was. Seemed like a cynical maneuver on Namco's part.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 12:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
oxblood what are your favorite rpgs that i probably havent played

Hm, I suppose there are no exotic RPGs among my favorites...letīs see.

My favorite RPG-Experience (not in terms of gameplay, in terms of story and pacing ant things like that) is Persona 3, Iīve never played anything as gripping as that. P4 is better in terms of gameplay but the story isnīt as good, neither is the music.

I do like the Tales games but I canīt stand the battlesystem any more. Back when I first played Tales of Eternity, I was blown away and Tales of Vesperia is among the best RPGs of the recent years if it werenīt for the battles. But thatīs just me, theyīre great games.

I fucking love the Shadow Hearts games, at least one and two, those are among the best Iīve ever played. Yeah, I know Iīm a sucker for dark stories, anything with demonīs or god and stuff like that, canīt help it

I also love Suikoden 2 and Parasite Eve though PE is only half-RPG I guess...

BTW, I just finished Shadows of the damned. One big "meh" is about all I can say about it. Way too little effort was put into that game. Story, Gameplay, Characters, everythingīs lacking. The musics good though. Classic rental Iīd say.
BANNED

Old Jun 26th, 2011, 02:29 PM       
guess ill try persona
drifting in the void
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 02:59 PM       
You can save yourself some nerves if you look up the bosses´ weaknesses, cause many times you simply won´t know what it is, bringing the wrong Personae and losing needlessly.

Just saying.

And I finished another one. Dante´s Inferno. Damn, what a great game and no one told me...just gorgeous. 9/10.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 02:18 AM       
Just finished Yakuza 4. I liked it a lot, but I don't have the patience to go back and try to finish all the challenges. Akiyama was my favorite, apart from that odd moment when he refused to help a mother because she wouldn't work in the sex industry.

And good on them for actually including an explanation of the rules of Mahjongg this time, although it still made no sense to me.

My one request is that the stop using the knocked-over-villain-produces-gun-and-shoots-main-character bit to insert needless drama into the plot. These guys are supposed to be experienced mob types, how could they not know to check their enemies for weapons?

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 04:11 AM       
I signed up for playtesting some game on July 7; hopefully I'll get in. My payment is two brand-new, in-the-wrapper games of my choice
It's like I'm really eight again
But still, it might be fun
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 04:16 AM       
i guess i'm playing league of legends

tried 4 characters so far and still don't like it
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM       
just fnished episode 5 of the back to the future games the story is great and the ending is hilarious

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
i guess i'm playing league of legends

tried 4 characters so far and still don't like it
Yeah it takes a little to find one that fits your play style. Not to mention as you play more and learn the other champs and how to play against them you just get better.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM       
I was playing League of Legends until the client crashed six times in a row, and subsequently giving me two 'Leaves'. Fuck this game and its mother.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 02:57 PM       
got Mount & Blade Warband last night, haven't gotten to play yet. TONIGHT I WILL CHOP OFF SOME HORSES' FACES
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 03:55 PM       
OH MAN WILLIE. You're going to have to write a journal for it.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 08:50 PM       
Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Its boss, even if they only have 2 damn maps.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 29th, 2011, 09:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Uncharted 3 multiplayer. Its boss, even if they only have 2 damn maps.
the thing keeps locking up on me add me on psn thought donvarone

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2011, 03:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
OH MAN WILLIE. You're going to have to write a journal for it.
day 1: got hassled by a street mugger in Sargoth. a merchant popped up from out of nowhere after I chopped the mugger's face off, asking me to help him find his brother or something like that, wasn't paying attention. he gave me some silver to recruit "at least five men" with.

day 2: saw a band of seven looters skulking about in the forest near the first village I was going to recruit from. Had a little bit more difficulty than I should have murdering all of them from horseback, gotta learn how to steer better. Got some more cash from their stinking corpses, plus all their disgusting unwashed armor and the rusty butcher knives they were armed with to sell to some flea market or other.

day 5: after a bit of recruiting and a few more skirmishes with future dead men, I returned to the tavern where I was to meet with the merchant with 28 recruits following. Merchant seemed surprised by this, sent me after a band of thieves that he supposed knew about his brother.

day 5 part 2: caught up with five thieves. didn't NEED to, but I killed three of them myself before my men showed up. Got cut up pretty badly though, need to be more careful next time. One of the ones I didn't kill spilled the location of their hideout and promised to lead a virtuous life from this point onward. Stripped him naked and covered him with pig's blood, told him to hope the wolves caught his scent before he froze to death.

day 7: found the bandit hideout. looked more like some kids having a bonfire on the beach, but whatever, killed them all. idiot merchant's bigger idiot brother is free now, hooray.

day 9: back in Sargoth. Merchant wants me to help him expose the guard captain for complicity in helping the bandits do banditry. sounded pretty boring until he mentioned that I'd get to personally kill a bunch of the captain's cronies.

day 9 part 2: Only got to kill five of them, boo. Merchant seemed disappointed because a lot of his men got injured. Told him they needed to stop standing behind people I'm trying to shoot at. Parted less than amicably.

day 17: Did a bunch of recruiting and odd jobs (collected taxes, trained villagers to fight bandits, hunted down a murderer for a bounty). Have 57 Nords following me now. Found out they don't like not eating, fortunately there was an undefended Vaegir village nearby. Forcing the villagers to give us stuff was so enjoyable we went and did it about five more times. I see no possible negative consequences for this in the future.
BANNED

Old Jun 30th, 2011, 11:36 AM       
that game sounds really fun ;/
drifting in the void
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM       
I actually bought it after reading that post. Played it all afternoon yesterday. I can´t really say how many times I fucked up already. Bandits kidnap me, Farmers kill my horse (and they refuse to hand over the fucking salad), lords hate me left and right but I´m still having a blast playing :D Focussing on archery mostly cause it´s a lot of fun though cleaving some barbarians in half with a greatsword is fun too

It´s on sale on steam btw.
OH GOD
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 11:50 AM       
it was $12 on amazon last time i checked, how much is it on steam?
OH GOD
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 11:51 AM       
also some of those things aren't really in the game you don't realyl get to cover people in pig's blood in game
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 03:22 PM       
I focus on riding my horse as fast as possible to make the people i blow pastlose their limbs. That or I stand from a mile away because I'm such a pimp with the crossbow.

Mount and Blade has a steep learning curve, but if you find the right groove and get into it right, it gets crazy involved.