Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 10:46 PM        Circuit City. Boom, outa Here
Went yesterday, currently DVD's and CD's are 40% off.

Picked me up Part 1 of the 007 box set for like $30, Kentucky Fried Movie for $4, High Tension for $7, an awesome 3-pack: Club Drea, Killer Clowns from outer space and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes for $10.

A Sword CD for $8 and the new Every Time I die cd for $8.

With what's left of storage is kinda picked through. I suggest going there quickly.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2009, 11:04 PM       
I want to buy those display shelves that lock into the tracks at different heights. I hop they sell that stuff off at the end like most stores.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 12:58 AM       
They definitely will. When Media Play was being liquidated that was the last thing they sold and it looks like the same liquidating company.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 12:27 PM       
I always feel like a vulture at those sales. Good deals but I hate plucking through the scraps looking for them.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM       
As far as some of those discounts went, CDs and DVDs were the only things worth it. You could get most other stuff for the same price as Wal-Mart or somewhere.

I bet my nephew is crying because he loved Circuit City over Best Buy...

j/k fuck them
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 12:51 PM       
We went the morning of Valentine's day (how romantic) and I stayed in the car. The bf was part of a crowd of about 30 people who were there when the store opened.

He came out with nothing, as did everyone else. He said most of it was picked over and what was there wasn't really at too deep a discount.

I don't like the vulture aspect either.
Salticidae!
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 01:21 PM       
I have no love loss for Circut City ever since they did not honor their extended warranty I purchased with a VCR. So I loved it when they announced they were going out of business. They will not get another dollar from me even in their death. Nope, not ever.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM       
Where will I ever find another $90 gold palted hdmi cable?
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 04:16 PM       
Wear the fucking thing around my neck like BA Barrakas.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 04:24 PM       
I used to work for them in the late 80's in the warehouse. You couldn't buy batteries without having a salesperson fill out a sheet for the sale. I don't know if they ever changed that. I never shopped there. The place was gay and L.A. was full of places to buy electronics from.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 05:10 PM       
Like CRAZY GIDEON!!!!!!
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 05:20 PM       
I don't think he was around back then But Fred Rated was!
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 07:19 PM       
My ex would regale anyone who'd listen with stories of some electronics store in Southern California that sold condoms at the register.

He was very big on Southern California in general, which consequently made me unreasonably spiteful toward it.
Salticidae!
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I don't think he was around back then But Fred Rated was!
Oh god! I remember him...Fuck that makes me feel old.
Salticidae!
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 11:41 AM       
Quote:
electronics store in Southern California that sold condoms at the register.
Because you just know after you hook up her entertainment center you are gonna get laid...best be prepared.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 02:16 PM       
You want to protect yourself after you buy bait.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:12 PM       
to me it seemed an exercise in unbridled optimism.
Sex Panther
Gato is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:29 PM       
I only went there once, and it was to buy a copy of Ace Attorney. I don't feel sorry for them at all. They were incredibly rude to me and acted as if a woman of my age shouldn't be playing video games.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM       
It always bugged the hell out of me that I couldn't go in there without shaking commission-frenzied employees off my arms and legs. I don't like aggressive sales tactics.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:42 PM       
Maybe you felt ashamed for buying Ace Attorney and it made you feel better to believe they where being rude to you. It's unlikely that any Circuit City salesman is going to frown at you making a purchase. You're probably just a cunt.
Sex Panther
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Maybe you felt ashamed for buying Ace Attorney and it made you feel better to believe they where being rude to you. It's unlikely that any Circuit City salesman is going to frown at you making a purchase. You're probably just a cunt.

Hardly, I enjoy the Ace Attorney series. Perhaps you haven't been to Saginaw, Michigan.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:45 PM       
No, but I've been to bitchville, USA
Sex Panther
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:49 PM       
I hardly think my post qualified as "bitching". I had a bad experience at Circuit City, and posted in my opinion on the matter of the store's bankruptcy. Now, this was only my own experience with the store, I was in no way insinuating that all the stores had the crappy employee's that the Saginaw store did, nor am I stating that all or the franchise itself looks down upon people buying certain games or gamers in their 20's.

I certainly apologize if I have led you astray, good sir.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM       
No need to be rude bitch.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 04:40 PM       
Gato, why are you explaining yourself to this person?