Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 10:24 AM       
I am at a loss as to how to respond to any individual that has completely closed their mind to other explanations, theories or arguments about any topic, be it contentious or not.

Coolie has constantly harped on how carbon trading and taxation is wrong, and that we are idiots for buying into this. Yet, I can't think of anyone who has even mentioned these issues except him. He doesn't ask, he YELLS - and when he doesn't think he's being heard, he quotes articles, blogs and searches the web for information that bolsters his narrow viewpoint.

I said it before, and I say it again here: Global climate change is factual. The causation and prediction is what is fueling this particular debate. And, contrary to what Coolie might say, I am not nor have I ever been a staunch supporter of the AGW hypothesis. (It's still a hypothesis, after all, not a theory.) Personally, I would need to see the data for myself, much like SF did.

Right after I back up my hard drive.
You may already be there.
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 11:01 AM       
If you're saying that seasons exist and there is a cycle of cooling and warming than I agree but I must stand firm on the ground that this whole Man made Global warming stuff is nothing more than a very intricate ruse. A cynical trick played on the public using emotionally charged end-of-the-world rhetoric.

Problem, Reaction, Solution.

Ex-Climate change Scientist Speaks out on his doubts about Man Made Global Warming.

Quote:

There has not been a public debate about the causes of global warming and most of the public and our decision makers are not aware of the most basic salient facts:

1. The greenhouse signature is missing. We have been looking and measuring for years, and cannot find it.

2. There is no evidence to support the idea that carbon emissions cause significant global warming. None. There is plenty of evidence that global warming has occurred, and theory suggests that carbon emissions should raise temperatures (though by how much is hotly disputed) but there are no observations by anyone that implicate carbon emissions as a significant cause of the recent global warming.

3. The satellites that measure the world's temperature all say that the warming trend ended in 2001, and that the temperature has dropped about 0.6C in the past year (to the temperature of 1980). Land-based temperature readings are corrupted by the "urban heat island" effect: urban areas encroaching on thermometer stations warm the micro-climate around the thermometer, due to vegetation changes, concrete, cars, houses. Satellite data is the only temperature data we can trust, but it only goes back to 1979. NASA reports only land-based data, and reports a modest warming trend and recent cooling. The other three global temperature records use a mix of satellite and land measurements, or satellite only, and they all show no warming since 2001 and a recent cooling.

4. The new ice cores show that in the past six global warmings over the past half a million years, the temperature rises occurred on average 800 years before the accompanying rise in atmospheric carbon. Which says something important about which was cause and which was effect.

The world has spent $50 billion on global warming since 1990, and we have not found any actual evidence that carbon emissions cause global warming. Evidence consists of observations made by someone at some time that supports the idea that carbon emissions cause global warming. Computer models and theoretical calculations are not evidence, they are just theory.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/no-smoking-hot-spot/story-e6frg73o-1111116945238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
I don't think you should write off global warming mainly or even partly based on the fact that ruling classes are taking advantage of the hysteria behind it; they do that with everything.
That's fine,

I'm just glad your aware of their manipulation but this is not just taking advantage of a situation this is actually creating the situation and funding a bottom up movement to force an agenda.

Last edited by TheCoolinator : Mar 16th, 2010 at 01:19 PM.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM       
Coolinator, if you are unable to debate an issue do you really think that you have any facts on your side?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
If you're saying that seasons exist and there is a cycle of cooling and warming than I agree
My God, can you really be this dense?

I've only used the ignore feature once. I can't say this anymore.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 12:28 PM       
Wow. This thread tightened up nicely all of a sudden.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 12:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
My God, can you really be this dense?

I've only used the ignore feature once. I can't say this anymore.
I gotta know, who was your first?
Banned

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Coolie has constantly harped on how carbon trading and taxation is wrong, and that we are idiots for buying into this.
He doesn't ask, he YELLS
My God, can you really be this dense? I've only used the ignore feature once. I can't say this anymore.
I don't remember calling anyone an idiot, Nor do I remember yelling, if that's even possible through this communication medium. Maybe if I used caps a lot....which I didn't. I do remember getting called names on numerous occasions though. Names like "idiot", "Conspiracy theorist", and "naive"

Either way, having a tantrum and ignoring an opposing viewpoint doesn't really help your argument out too much. Just look at the bright side. We both believe seasons exist.

Last edited by TheCoolinator : Mar 16th, 2010 at 02:25 PM.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 01:37 PM       
Quote:
I don't remember calling anyone an idiot or yelling, if that's even possible through this communication medium. Maybe if I used caps a lot....which I didn't. I do remember getting called names on numerous occasions though. Names like "idiot", "Conspiracy theorist", and "naive"

Either way, having a tantrum and ignoring an opposing viewpoint doesn't really help your argument out too much. Just look at the bright side. We both believe seasons exist.
He can now.
Banned

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 01:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
You do realize he can't see your reply right? That's how ignore works
I know,

I just wanted to point out how silly it is to ignore someone over a debate.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 01:53 PM       
I just caught up on everything. Jesus christ, I have been patient and giving him the benefit of the doubt so far, foolishly thinking that he was open minded and just didn't understand. But there is a complete lack of willingness to change his mind. He mentions someone else ignoring him, but I have been completely ignored, either that or he is completely unable to comprehend legitimate debate. I feel like I am talking to an arrogant idiot version of myself from high school. This thread isn't an adult debate, its a plea for rational thought opposed to stonewalling.

"Ignorance begets confidence more than it does understanding"
Banned

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supafly345 View Post
I just caught up on everything. Jesus christ, I have been patient and giving him the benefit of the doubt so far, foolishly thinking that he was open minded and just didn't understand. But there is a complete lack of willingness to change his mind. He mentions someone else ignoring him, but I have been completely ignored, either that or he is completely unable to comprehend legitimate debate. I feel like I am talking to an arrogant idiot version of myself from high school. This thread isn't an adult debate, its a plea for rational thought opposed to stonewalling.

"Ignorance begets confidence more than it does understanding"
I did respond to you. I actually used one of your quotes to help my argument along. You said that both political parties have the same Cap and Trade bill. Not only is that a smoking gun but it gives validity to what I have been saying all along.

The whole entire Global warming mythos is to push through a wall street agenda.

Speculators and hedgefunds what to buy and sell Carbon credits and the oligarchs on top want free Carbon Tax money to go from the people and be directed into their coffers. Just imagine billions of dollars paid at the pump and your maintenance payments going to some unaccountable, unelected, aristocrat in the United Nations.

Pisses me off I can tell you that much.
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:07 PM       
Quote:
So right here we have a cooling and warming cycle that mankind has absolutely nothing to do with. We affect only 6% of the climate. 6%

Do you find this statement a bit paradoxal, Coolinator? In the same sentence you make two opposite claims.
If you pulled that 6% figure out of anything apart from your behind, it's still an alarming percentage. Consider how very little warming it takes to lay waste to entire coastal areas, owing to ice melting. One could argue that mother earth has been through worse, and that a few degrees up and down isn't much in the big picture, but we're talking very fragile human societies here; island nations that simply can't afford moving and have nowhere to go. Maybe the entire biosphere isn't at risk, but poor people certainly are.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:11 PM       
Quote:
ignoring an opposing viewpoint doesn't really help your argument out too much.
That's kind of what you're doing though. Go back through this thread and read Supafly's and Flagg's posts and your responses. Or heck, anyone's posts and your responses. It's almost as if you didn't even read their posts.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:13 PM       
Not just the poor, if the currents change all the rich people will be fucked as well.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:15 PM       
Not if they can afford to buy their own island and... Oh.
Banned

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
That's kind of what you're doing though. Go back through this thread and read Supafly's and Flagg's posts and your responses. Or heck, anyone's posts and your responses. It's almost as if you didn't even read their posts.
Since they're all parroting the same rhetoric I really didn't need to respond to all of them individually. They pretty much got the same response I would have given them if I was speaking to them directly.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:27 PM       
Parroting the same rhetoric? You have not debated with them. You have not disproved what they post. All you have done is link to articles which have already been pointed out to be either misleading, biased, or to contain faulty information. Where are the studies that show that global warming is not occurring? Where is the data that supports your side of the argument? Can you post a link to a actual study or scholarly article which backs up your case that global warming is not occurring.

To clarify something else, I think that everyone agrees with you that people like Al Gore are exploiting the fear of global warming and all of that jazz so please don't discuss motivations that exist to fabricate global warming. What I am asking for is actual data that has been gathered that supports your argument.
Banned

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:38 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasted Child View Post
Do you find this statement a bit paradoxal, Coolinator? In the same sentence you make two opposite claims.
If you pulled that 6% figure out of anything apart from your behind, it's still an alarming percentage.
The first part of that statement was directed towards the Sun and Volcanic activity (Non-man made). The second part was the percentage of human activity as a whole and I didn't specify how we affected the environment. Compared to the amount that 1 volcano or a sun cycle heavy in sun spots could do it's completely negligable.

Quote:
Consider how very little warming it takes to lay waste to entire coastal areas, owing to ice melting.
When has Global Warming ever destroyed anything? I can't find one natural disaster that was ever linked to global warming.

Quote:
One could argue that mother earth has been through worse, and that a few degrees up and down isn't much in the big picture, but we're talking very fragile human societies here; island nations that simply can't afford moving and have nowhere to go. Maybe the entire biosphere isn't at risk, but poor people certainly are.
That's all very melodramatic and all but its not proven it will do this. Don't think emotionally. Ask yourself who is telling you all these gloom and doom stories? Where are these ideas manifesting from?

Please, read the articles that I posted, see what's really going on. The world is not going to come to an end because Al Gore and Company say it is. I understand that there is pollution but their solutions will not change a thing.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:40 PM       
Did you not read my last post?
Banned

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 02:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
Did you not read my last post?
Quote:
Two Peer-Reviewed Scientific Papers Debunk CO2 Myth
http://www.propagandamatrix.com/arti...ebunk_myth.htm
I posted this yesterday. Here it is again. Please read BOTH peer-reviewed papers debunking the myth.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Mar 16th, 2010, 03:14 PM       
I think I found the first article but I had to either subscribe to the site or pay for the individual article. I have found the second one published by Physics Society. In the beginning of every article it is written, and I quote: "The following article has not undergone any scientific peer review, since that is not normal procedure for American Physical Society newsletters. The American Physical Society reaffirms the following position on climate change, adopted by its governing body, the APS Council, on November 18, 2007: 'Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate.'" Here is where I found the article.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 03:16 PM       
So are you saying warming is hogwash? Or just that the fat cats are using it as yet another means of lining their pockets? What exactly is your point? In two sentences or less and without posting a link.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 03:26 PM       
It's like saying people who made money on Katrina conspired for it to happen so that they could make money.