Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forum Virgin

GIJOEKAMALA is probably a spambot
Old Dec 5th, 2003, 01:02 AM        GI Joe: Spy Troops DVD/Figure Combo
Has anyone picked up this dvd figure pack at all. The official website www.gijoe.com says it came out in September, but I have yet to find anyone online venders that sell it aside from the lone exception of ebay. It looks suprisingly good for transforming my favorite cartoon characters into full-scale CGI while bastardizing the series to a minimal.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 01:08 AM       
i saw the movie on cartoon network.
i know how cool it is to rag on remakes of old shows, but this was very very bad, im pretty sure you dont want to buy it, i thought it would cool because it has a scene with snake eyes vs. storm shadow in cgi, but it wasnt even a fight, it was one of those thigs where they both disapear, and then you see sparks and the swords hittign each other in mid air, like dragon ball z.
it was pretty bad, but snake eyes did look cool, i wouldnt pay money for it though
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 07:13 AM       
A friend of mine gave it to me as a Christmas gift, but I haven't watched it yet. The figures kind of suck though, they don't stand up and their weapons don't fit in the holsters/sheaths.
Forum Virgin

Old Dec 8th, 2003, 10:46 AM       
Yeah, I just picked it up on Friday before reading the replies. The DVD is bay far a mixed-bag because while the passing is way to fast to promote any kind of interesting story I cannot get over the fact of how cool Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Cobra Commander looked in CGI. Th extras are also kind of interesting with behind the scenes stuff and bios. My biggest gripe with the movie is that the personalies of a lot of the characters were changed such as Destroy being a complete lackey to Cobra Commander and Beach Head going from badass to dumbass.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Dec 8th, 2003, 12:19 PM       
That surprises me, because Larry Hama wrote the script for it. He's the guy that wrote all the old Marvel comic issues for GI JOE and he wrote all the dossier cards on the back of the toys. If ANYBODY knows the characters, it's him.
Forum Virgin

Old Dec 8th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
That's true they did keep the Scarlet/Snake Eyes romance in there, with a few seconds of acknowledgement (I'm not being sarcastic the passing was that fast) however I think that wantng to bring the show to a new audience has something to do with it. That's what I think the key problem is with GI JOE and so many old cartoon franchises such as Speed Racer, they advertise to kids on their websites, on their dvd releases, on their comic books and toys. Well I can understand why they would do this with toys and comic books as they ARE aimed at kids though adult collectors also purcahse them. What it all boils down to is that kids really couldn't give a crap about a twenty or thirty year old cartoon when they have Samarai Jack and Spongebob, which I think many manufacturers do not understand.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2003, 11:23 PM       
I agree with Beachhead: the man was lowspoken and a hardass, and all of a sudden he's wimpier than Dusty. What the fuck? I smell the hand of some exec who said "Gee, I want a character to be lighthearted and stupid to make the kids laugh the same way they laugh at Barney!" Hence, poor BeachHead because the latest retard.

But Cobra Commander I felt was given justice. He wasn't a sad whiner as much as he was a complete fucking lunatic complete with loud voice and some menace.