Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 11:21 AM        That Grassy Knoll Is Getting Crowded
I can take or leave Michael Moore normally but I found that his comment he made that the overwhelming booing response you heard following his Oscar speech was in retaliation to an individual, initial booer was utterly ridiculous. Who was this booer in the grassy knoll? My conspiracy theory is that is was obviously a government plant of George Bush's placed their to undermine the anti-war effort. Why can't Moore just accept the fact that just maybe his views aren't always the most popular? The man needs to get a room with himself to knock it down. Sheesh!

Wherever you go, there you are.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 01:34 PM       
I distinctly heard a second heckler in the isle.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2003, 01:51 PM       
Back, and to the left.
Mocker

Old Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:53 PM       
Do you remember where you were when you heard the news that Michael Moore had been booed?

Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 03:28 AM        Just like a Song with a Strong Refrain, the Memories Remain
- Well I do remember being in my living room watching the Oscars. Strange how it all started positive when Michael Moore's name was announced as the winner, and many gave him a standing ovation, and he brought with him the other nominees in his category.

Then he went off in his 'fictional' rant, but suddenly these loud boos were just coming out just off camera range, like they didn't want us to see the ones doing the actual booing. But I'm sure someday that fucktard Oliver Stone will make sense of it all. Until then we can only wonder.
Mocker

Old Apr 4th, 2003, 11:13 AM        Re: Just like a Song with a Strong Refrain, the Memories Rem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Simard
- Well I do remember being in my living room watching the Oscars. Strange how it all started positive when Michael Moore's name was announced as the winner, and many gave him a standing ovation, and he brought with him the other nominees in his category.
I guess I would have to concede that he WAS initially applauded for the award ... then he took the wrong turn. :/

Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 01:37 PM        Canadian Connection - Grassy Knoll
- Read this in today's paper...If you recall Moore only introduced one person by name, producer Michael Donovan. He said this about Moore's rant, "He can be so witty, that I was kind of disappointed he didn't show that side of him." But, no, Donovan wasn't upset that he didn't get to share the 45 seconds, to thank people, as this was his "arrangement".

The boos, says Donovan, mostly came from the upper balcony in the theater, where "people buy their way into the seats." "I'm not even sure he got 45 seconds. It seemed like four seconds," he says. While Donovan says he's more of a "diplomatic Canadian", who wouldn't have said what Moore said, it was still the happiest moment of his life.

- Now, I'm wonderring if both of them having the first name of Michael has anything to do with anything.