Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 01:12 PM        Under a Killing Moon
I've never played it, but I was wondering if anyone else had. It's in my possession and I never thought to install it, (it came in a box along with about sixty other games of the same age for about $60.) I ask because I saw they did a throwback review of it on IGN.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/851/851255p1.html
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 04:06 PM       
If my dad is any authority on games, yes, it's good. I've never played it myself though. But I think it's supposed to be hell to get it to run on newer PCs...or is it some kind of modified version to help it run better?
He speaks truth!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:19 PM       
If you have Windows 95, it's not at all hard. Also, 64-bit OS's can't run certain programs and no DOS ones.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:27 PM       
I wonder if changing the compatibility to 95 would work, assuming you have Vista.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:28 PM       
That doesn't even work in XP, dude
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM       
Whatever, just set up a partition and put all .04 gigs of Windows 95 on it. It's not rocket science.

And if it won't work with your hardware, well then I'm sorry. Get a worse computer.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:43 PM       
http://www.quandaryland.com/jsp/disp...ng+Moon+and+XP
Feel the guilt
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 09:07 AM       
Dude, I never even said I was having problems getting it to run, since I've never even TRIED. I was just commenting on what my dad told me.
And if I had tried, I would've just used dosbox, like it says in the link Willie just posted.
He speaks truth!
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 12:12 PM       
Calm down, dawg.
Feel the guilt
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 05:02 PM       
I am calm.
He speaks truth!
Everyone's Arch-Enemy.
Location: The Bog of Eternal Stench (A.K.A. Boca Raton, Florida)
The Mighty Pinto is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:38 PM        The best game for the PC.
Under a Killing Moon is by far my favorite game for the PC. The problem is, it got lumped in with all the other shitty FMV games that were out at the time, so it never got the respect it so rightly deserved. All of the jokes were funny as hell, and the gameplay, while extremely dated by today's standards, is not all that hard to get into. Getting it running, on the other hand, is a bit of a challenge, but if you need it I have a dosbox.cfg file that has all the specifications set so that the game runs swimmingly on your pc. (I still own and use the CDs, so I don't know how well the specs would work with an ISO if you're using one...)
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 08:59 PM       
Yeah, I've got the CDs and an old Win 95 box that I can dig out.