Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 02:31 AM        MMORPG Shenanigans
I used to play Ultima Online a lot when it first came out. I had a guild called the Plebeians. We wore bright yellow gowns and puke green capes and would run into battle shouting PLEB! That was around the time when there was no carebear land and you never knew when you would get attacked by evil players, so it was ridiculous to run around in clothes that you could spot a mile away.

Here are some of the things I used to do to pass the time. I would go invisible and take some gold out of my inventory and lay it on the ground, people would run up to it and I would snatch it back right before the could grab it. They would wander around looking for where it went. Other times ,while invisible, I would lay a fish on the ground a take some boots and make them hop over the fish while people walked by.

In the game you could create a new character every few hours or so (i forget just how long). I would create a guy that had bombs on him, I forget what class he was, and I would name him The Mad Bomber. Then I would go to the bank where everyone was and shout "I AM THE MAD BOMBER WHAT BOMBS AT MIDNIGHT!" and then throw as many bombs into the crowd before the guards instant killed me. That pissed people off.

And finally, one of my favorites was a character that was a ghost. When you are a ghost all people see when you type is "Booo!Booo!Booo!", and they would have to cast a spell to see what you are saying. So I would walk up to someone and harrass them until the cast the spell, but all they would get from me is "Who stole my butter! I know you did it!" and I would follow them all over town bugging them.

Oh yeah, I had a character that would just follow people around asking to be their friend. I might do that in the new MMORPG that I'm playing.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 02:46 AM       
Graal Online was my first MMO ever and to this day it remains my favorite :<

There was just so much to DO, and desiging your own levels was incredibly easy and a lot of fun. It wasn't even that hard to get them added in a server, I had my own house and everything! Also, the playerbase had a great collective personality about them, and even if you never went on a server's main story quests you'd probably still have a fantastic time. I also liked that every server was completely different; each one was set in the same universe, but they were all unique with their own stories and personalities and everything, pretty much. It was sort of like, the server you played was your homeland in the Graal world. I've yet to see something similar that also doesn't suck.

Another thing I really liked about it was that there was no grinding. It was basically an online Link to the Past, so if you wanted a stronger character, all you had to do was find the appropriate quest. The health gaining system didn't bother with the Pieces of Heart shit, either, you got the full heart container every time. There was also usually one sword and shield upgrade in a server, and the quests for them were always insane gauntlets you'd have to gather 5 or 6 people to get through :<

Considering the limited technology, it's actually pretty amazing what limits they were able to push the game to. My second favorite server abandoned the Zelda-style setting for a modern/futuristic metropolis where constant gang wars raged, and it was incredibly awesome. Bit of a learning curve, but still great! I'd run around as a mad priest with gigantic wax lips, and then go to the church and do hilarious mock confessions. I was a CELEBRITY ;<

It managed to remain fun after the game stopped being free, but not for very long. I went back and tried a trial version a month or two ago, and my favorite server is completely dead and changed from what it was like when I played.

The only other games I've had run ins with are Runescape, Dofus, and Fiesta, all of which are boring and crappy. I still keep Fiesta in the hopes that one of you will fuck around with me on it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Mar 28th, 2008 at 07:52 AM.
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 06:41 AM       
My only MMO Shenanigans were when I started playing WoW I would make really annoying macros of My Chemical Romance songs and spam it in general chat in the barrens or in WSG ( The lowest level PVP zone). That was more of me being a dumbass then shenanigans though.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:18 AM       
I played Dark Age of Camelot for several years. When I started on the Nimue server, I was known as Dagdamor Indigo. Those who knew me (it turned out for a non elite RvR player I was somewhat well known) I was the silly shield tank who power levels people when he is bored.

After a couple of years (right after the Trials of Atlantis expansion dropped) I got bored of the tank class in general. So I decided to make a Cabalist. It didn't take a long time to get him to 50, and I started getting him master levels. When I got my 9th master level, I got an ability that would add 20 effective levels to my pet for 5 minutes. SoI started raiding for artifacts. Tuesday nights were for artifact encounters on our server, and we were doing an encounter called "Shades of Mist". The encounter involves killing 3 70th level sphinxes. The proper way to do the encounter then was to have an un-grouped person pull the sphinxes, let them die, and peel one sphinx. Rinse. Repeat. Then you get the Shades of Mist cloak. I accidentally pull a second sphinx however with my pet. I tell the raid, "Oops, I screwed up, but I think I can hold it off from killing us while you all kill the other one, then we can kill this one." I was wrong. I actually killed it before the raid killed the other one. For the rest of the night, the raid kept saying things like "Nerf Pentegarn" or "How the hell does your pet out damage the entire raid?!" Understand, I suspected up to that point that I could likely tank and kill a 70th creature, but had not bothered to try, because things like that tend to get noticed by game admins, and nerf-bats usually come out in response. So I really wanted to keep this particular ability under wraps, I was only the second Cabalist on the server to have that ability, so it's potential was still unknown. Needless to say, I became the go-to guy on that server when encounters needed doing. It was a bit of a pain though, because I didn't want to be a dick, but I wanted to do my own thing sometimes too. I spent much of my time after that in anonymous mode. Though when I was helping out people it was fun getting them stuff that they didn't think we could get
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangie View Post
My only MMO Shenanigans were when I started playing WoW I would make really annoying macros of My Chemical Romance songs and spam it in general chat in the barrens or in WSG ( The lowest level PVP zone). That was more of me being a dumbass then shenanigans though.
That is a shenanigan in my book. Unfortunately the mmo I'm playing makes it easy to block a person.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 28th, 2008, 10:42 PM       
Well, I have a 17 year old boy <3 me all the time now. Hopefully he'll bring me gifts hehe.
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2008, 09:12 PM       
this thread makes me want to play some MMORPG and cause shenanigans
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 11:11 PM       
Western-made MMOs seem to be the perfect place to cause shenanigans. Unfortunately, there are so few that are free to play.
Zombie Basher
Dr. Octogonopus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2008, 11:18 PM       
I remember there used to be this family who lived across the street, and everytime I went to hang out with their kid before I decided he was a dumbass, the dad and big brother were playing Everquest, and I'd wake up in the middle of the night, like 3AM, and the computer room light would STILL be on. I hated them ever since.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2008, 08:31 AM       
this thread could use some images
Basement Monkey
JoeyJoJoJr is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 01:23 AM       
Nothing beats Ultima Online pure anarchy. I remember me and my friend made a guy name Satan we would go around looking for houses that weren't locked down anymore and we would take all their furniture. We also made a guy named Jesus who was a grandmaster carpenter we made chairs and tables to block the gate at Vesper so nobody could get out. We had a roadblock a mile high, somebody would take down a chair and we would quickly replace it. Jeez I was a ass back then no wonder our accounts got banned.
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 08:48 AM       
If only I had been playing MMOs back then. Are there still any like that around, where you can just do whatever you want and be an ass?
He speaks truth!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:25 PM       
Hah One time In Ultima I was walking around and someone yelled "Hey Help me!" So I went over and he said "In my house! come on! So I ran into the house after him and Behind the only door a guy became uninvisable and blocked my exit and then 4 more did the same in the house and 5 guys killed me and took all my stuff hehe. Fuckers.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 05:42 PM       
When I was playing RAN Online, I would harrass Koreans for love. Juttin would do the same, only naked.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Apr 1st, 2008, 09:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Hah One time In Ultima I was walking around and someone yelled "Hey Help me!" So I went over and he said "In my house! come on! So I ran into the house after him and Behind the only door a guy became uninvisable and blocked my exit and then 4 more did the same in the house and 5 guys killed me and took all my stuff hehe. Fuckers.
haha, i used to do that to people on runescape
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 07:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I need to start playing this fucking game.
He speaks truth!
Freelance Product Tester
BurntToShreds is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 05:20 PM       
Oh, I just remembered: In Runescape, you can close doors on people when they try to walk in somewhere. This was especially fun if you did it in an important place, like a bank. Not really that funny, but sometimes you can get hilarious reactions from people.
Banned
BongHitMan is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2008, 09:02 PM       
On this game I used to play, I would harass koreans for love