Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 01:53 PM        Murder Mystery
I was interested in attending a murder mystery dinner or even a murder mystery train ride. Most of the services I've seen are for private parties but I was wondering if anyone here has ever been to one or had any experience with them.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 02:16 PM       
Heard of, but never looked into them. They seemed to me like the Medieval Times dinner-type hackiness.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 02:46 PM       
Does anyone remember the murder mystery dinner episode of the Golden Girls? That's the extent of my experience with them.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 03:18 PM       
I remember the murder-mystery episode of Reno 911!

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 03:32 PM       
I would go to a murder mystery deal only if they made the murder as modern and realistic as possible. Like the victim would have to be a college aged woman who was strangled with her own pantyhose (also encrusted with semen) after meeting a potential employer on craigslist. The viewers would have to do things like trace IPs to solve this classic who-dun-it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 04:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
I remember the murder-mystery episode of Reno 911!
King of the Hill, for me.

That was very funny. Well done.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 04:13 PM       
I was hoping this was going to be a simulated murder mystery thread to find the i-mock killer.
Ba-dum-tish. RIMSHOT!

ChrisGlass is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 06:51 PM       
I got dragged to a Tony & Tina's Wedding event. That's KINDA like a Murder Mystery, especially when I'm pulled on stage to sing and I don't know all the lyrics to Grease.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2010, 08:35 PM       
Stuff like that is my own personal version of hell. Sorry, no experience here. I'd chew my own arm off to get away.

The Office (at least the US version) had a murder mystery ep. It was excruciating.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 02:01 AM       
The golden girls had one and so did malcolm in the middle. Its a staple of sitcom grievances, like airline food to stand-up.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 01:04 PM       
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2010, 10:54 PM       
They should combine restaurants and DMV offices.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 10:02 AM       
I went to one, but it has been almost 20 years. I will tell you what I remember of them.

Like any play, it is divided into short acts. The guests are treated as detectives being served dinner by the suspects. Because the players in the mystery dinner theater are also the wait staff, while they serve you you can ask them questions about the murder which they will answer. That, coupled with the clues they give during the scenes should give you the clues you need. Each table then makes an accusation and the winners got free desert. (that sort of reward system may vary with the people doing it though)
MAMA MIA!
Terra is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 10:20 AM       
I would rather just sit in a corner and drink until I come up with any answer that is suitable.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2010, 11:35 AM       
Thanks dim. I also like terra's "answer". We had a murder mystery team building exorcise at work this week but it was kinda weak. It would have been better had I had my monocle.