Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 08:17 PM       
Oh I get it. You're a dope who can't provide a citation for anything he claims is factual.... so this is your new schtick?

Try Bahrain's Akbahr Al-Khalil newspaper from January 29th where the Danish cartoons are depicted as Zionist related.

Here's two more from Bahrain.
http://www.adl.org/main_Arab_World/a...hrain_2005.htm
imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 08:47 PM       
Oh yes, they make these cartoons DAILY because you are SO FAMILIAR with our extremely diverse press.

That cartoon was political. Did it bash Jews? No. It bashed Israel and the US, fuckwad. It's called political satire and not mocking religion which is what you CLAIMED in your previous post. Aww and you were actually offended! Should I tuck you in and assure you that everything's gonna be okay soon?
Mocker

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:44 PM       
What offends me is your hypocrisy.

A Danish wheel of cheese shaped like a JEWISH star ? Yeah, totally political. Caricatures of hook nosed Jews? Not the least bit anti-semitic. Like you were raised in the land of tolerance? What the fuck would you know?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 09:47 PM       
those are supposed to be antisemitic cartoons?

that's even lamer than getting bent over the monkey-lipped carictures of mohammed.

THIS is an antisemitic cartoon but i guess since it came from a British paper it doesn't help your point.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Artistic representations of the human form are forbidden in Islam, and pictures of Muhammad are especially taboo. Right?
Only because Islam doesn't want people worshipping Muhammad like God.

Quote:
In the West, however, satire is accepted and you can make caricatures of anyone. So Muslims here are demanding special treatment, and we shouldn't give in to them, if they don't like it they should leave. Why should we change our way of life to suit Muslims?
let's not tell them MAD magazine exists, just yet.

Once again you're picking out Islam, in a field where most religions can apply. I don't see how people being offended by an offensive comic is anything that demonizes Islam, or anything that should be perticularly unexpected. but this should just add to the headlines of people taking life too seriously...

"ISLAMO FACIST WANT NEWSPAPERS TO STOP RUNNING COMIC MOCKING THEIR RELIGION AND DESECRATING THEIR GOD"

"CHRISTIANS HOLD BOOK BURNING OF HARRY POTTER AND THE DA VINCI CODE"

"CHRISTIAN CONSERVATIVE GROUPS PRESS TO BOYCOTT HOLLYWOOD AND IT'S MORAL CORRUPTION"

"JEWISH COMMUNITY OUTRAGED AT BANK PRESIDENT SAYING HITLER TURNED GERMAN ECONOMY AROUND, BANK PRESIDENT RESIGNS"
Mocker

Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:46 PM       
What's next...you gonna scan your dicks into the computer so you can compare? Please tell me you're not really trying to make an argument that anti-Jewish propaganda, via cartoons or any other medium isn't rampant through the Arab world.

The message still stands. Islamic nations and the Arab world in general does not promote freedom & liberty, so it's ironic that a) Muslims are offended and want to suppress such free speech in Western nations, and b) they turn a blind eye to hate speak except when Muhhamed is involved.

Like I said. I don't blame them. That doesn't mean I'm trying to compete over who can find the most offensive cartoon with you dumshits.
Mocker
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 12:06 AM       
Pharoah, I think your unspoken solution to all of you the UK's problems is to board up all Muslim people and ship them to hell, then burn korans and erase any digital data about islam... then dance.

Please tell me if I'm getting the wrong impression here.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 04:38 AM       
Quote:
Well, they provide a voice for the white working class poor who live in high immigration areas. No other party sticks up for them and the police are so hampered by political correctness that they are now useless in fighting ethnic minority criminal gangs there.

I voted for Tony Blair last election but I feel now that he's repressing freedom of speech here in an attempt to get Muslims on his side. And I have sympathy for the BNP because it gets so much harassment, such as police surveillance, arrests of its leadership, seizures of party literature, interference with its bank accounts, and attempts to fire its members from public-sector employment.

I still don't agree with all their views, such as their opposition to the Iraq war, but I think Nick Griffin has improved them in recent years. So I would consider voting for them now, especially after this last court case.
Says it all really, doesnt it? Classy! What a joy you must be to be around. Have fun voting BNP, freak.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 05:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
your hypocrisy.
And this is coming from a guy who finds those "Jewish-bashing" cartoons offensive, yet he doesn't think it's right for Muslims to be offended by "Islam-bashing" cartoons.
Quote:
Please tell me you're not really trying to make an argument that anti-Jewish propaganda, via cartoons or any other medium isn't rampant through the Arab world.
And please try to tell us all that anti-Islamic propogranda isn't rampant through the Western world and Israel.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:20 AM       
Define 'rampant'.
Mocker

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 06:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by I, fuzzbot.
And this is coming from a guy who finds those "Jewish-bashing" cartoons offensive, yet he doesn't think it's right for Muslims to be offended by "Islam-bashing" cartoons.
Don't turn my words back on me like the child you are. This is what I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxxxx.
I understand though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdxxxx.
Like I said. I don't blame them.
I think THIS reaction is pretty ridiculous examples of pure hypocrisy though....

"Day of anger threatened over cartoons of prophet"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...portaltop.html

"The War is on"
"http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/747"

British Muslim group call to kill anyone who insult Mohhamed
http://www.alghurabaa.co.uk/articles/new/cartoon.htm

Palestinians are targeting anyone who might be Danish.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 08:17 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Pharoah, I think your unspoken solution to all of you the UK's problems is to board up all Muslim people and ship them to hell, then burn korans and erase any digital data about islam... then dance.

Please tell me if I'm getting the wrong impression here.
No you're wrong, I don't like dancing, I'll have a pint of beer instead.

ScruU2wice, you and many others on this forum spend a lot of time and effort discussing what I think and yet never really say what you think about the issue. This topic isn't about me it's about the clash between Muslims and Western secular values.

The question is, do you think the European press should give in to Muslim pressure and stop printing any pictures of Muhammad or carry on as usual? Should Muslims be given special treatment by the Western media, and our freedom of speech be surrendered to please them?
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 08:27 AM       
Quote:
Don't turn my words back on me like the child you are. This is what I said:
You keep flip-flopping like the ignorant twit that you truly are. You're only hostile because it bothers you that people could see right through your blatant stupidity. This is what you implied in your useless posts.

"I don't blame them though. BUT THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO WHAT THEY'RE DOING. I hate their guts because they're ignorant of their own oppression. Their press really sucks, they can't say shit. I understand them, though. Yeah, I can relate. I'm intolerant of their beliefs. I'm accepting, though. I don't blame them, though. There's no such thing as Jewish propoganda, everything they say in their press and other media outlets is just skewed. They're trying to impose their opinions, I hate them so much. I understand them, though."

Do us all a favour and shut the fuck up.
Mocker

Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:22 AM       
So is that you defending the Arab press against accusations they're equally as offensive? Or just defending the right of Muslims to try and oppress the European and World press ? I'm not sure. Why don't you clarify your response and get back to us.

You keep trying to make the discussion about me... It's cute, but you should go back to thumbsucking.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 10:54 AM       
Quote:
So is that you defending the Arab press against accusations they're equally as offensive? Or just defending the right of Muslims to try and oppress the European and World press ? I'm not sure. Why don't you clarify your response and get back to us.
You're not making fun of Muslims, you're making fun of a Prophet, which is something that we have never, ever done. It is forbidden for us to mock Jesus and the Jewish faith. Our papers make fun of the Israeli government (and not Israelis in general) just like Israelis make fun of us. So what the fuck do you find so offensive? That just because you're Jewish you feel as if you should be offended by satirical comments thrown towards the Israelis? That's fucking absurd.
Quote:
You keep trying to make the discussion about me... It's cute, but you should go back to thumbsucking
It's a shame how people who are infested with your damn queer retard virus can easily come up with such a feeble defense. Try harder next time. Or don't, I suspect I'd hardly notice the change.
Mocker
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 11:54 AM       
Jesus and Moses were in heaven, fishing from a rowboat. While fishing, they began to reminisce about the miracles they had performed when they were on earth. Just to see if they still had the knack, they each decided to perform one of their old miracles.

Moses stood up, raised his arms and the water parted, allowing the boat to gently sink to the bottom of the pond. He then lowered his arms and the water slowly rose again, bringing the boat with it.

Jesus said, "Pretty good, Mo. Now I'll try." He stepped out of the boat and began walking across the pond. After about two steps, he began to sink. Luckily, Moses was able to grab him and haul him back into the boat before he went under.

"Wow!" Moses exclaimed. "What do you suppose happened to you?"

"Aw, Mo," Jesus replied, "I should have known better than to try that one. The last time I did that, I didn't have these holes in my feet."
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:04 PM       
You don't even have to poke fun at Muhammad to offend Muslims, even a picture of him will get them angry. They're not allowed to depict Muhammad, however complimentary, because it's considered idolatrous and they expect the rest of the non-Muslim world to comply as well.

They've been having a 'day of anger' here and no doubt all this will result in European newspaper editors being unwilling to ever criticize Islam. They're not going to risk getting fired or have death threats made against them.

More Muslims = Less free speech

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:44 PM       
I like ziggy's joke.
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 01:54 PM       
Quote:

More Muslims = Less free speech
Stupid conclusion. This was simply a reaction. Everyone has reactions to things they find highly offensive.
Mocker
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:07 PM       
It is an asinine reation. The threats of violence are too much. Sensible Muslims need to tell these people to shut the fuck up.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:10 PM       
That is probaly the biggest problem. It seems most sensible Muslims stay mute when the vocal crazies stir shit up.
Mocker
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:17 PM       
Quote:
No you're wrong, I don't like dancing, I'll have a pint of beer instead.

ScruU2wice, you and many others on this forum spend a lot of time and effort discussing what I think and yet never really say what you think about the issue. This topic isn't about me it's about the clash between Muslims and Western secular values.

The question is, do you think the European press should give in to Muslim pressure and stop printing any pictures of Muhammad or carry on as usual? Should Muslims be given special treatment by the Western media, and our freedom of speech be surrendered to please them?
I already said I think muslims are going nuts over something that offends them, and It shouldn't be a surprise. I don't think they should be going as crazy as they are over this, and I don't think there is anything in Islam that says we should. I don't think that the danish should have published it in the first place, just because I think only like 3 of them make a point. I don't think that they should be barred either, if the newspaper wants to print it go ahead. I think that it was the papers right to fire any employee they choose if they believe that the employees actions are harmful to the company. But most of all I think people are stupid especially the muslim people who are up in arms over this. None of those crappy cartoons woulda got gotten a second glance if the muslims didn't see it as an attack.

So now that I have answered all of your questions as bluntly as possible, answer mine. What is your solution to the "Islamic" problems? Inquisition maybe?
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
It is an asinine reation. The threats of violence are too much. Sensible Muslims need to tell these people to shut the fuck up.
I already said this in the previous post when I talked about Muslims going way too far after being offended with 'Submission I' and 'II,' the documentary made by a Dutch MP who's originally from Somalia.

Sensible Muslims ARE telling these people shut the fuck up, but the media coverage makes it sound like most or even all of the Muslim community is reacting the same way.

But that is so not the case.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 03:57 PM       
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...home-headlines

"Today's protests came one day after masked Palestinians in the Gaza Strip fired weapons into the air as they surrounded an office of the European Union and a French cultural center.

Two Palestinian militant groups threatened to retaliate against the newspapers by kidnapping European citizens and targeting churches and European offices.

A Jordanian weekly that ran the cartoons with a plea to Muslims to "be reasonable" fired its editor, withdrew the edition and faced possible sanction from the government, AP reported.

In Paris, the tabloid France Soir abruptly fired its managing editor for reprinting the caricatures in Wednesday's edition, the cover of which carried the paper's own cartoon of Muhammad alongside Christian, Jewish and Buddhist holy figures. "Don't complain, Muhammad, we're all being caricatured here," the Christian God says.

Tunisia and Morocco banned the sale of copies of France Soir."

This seems like a perfectly reasonable response to these cartoons.

As fuzzbot already mentioned, I'm sure that these nut balls represent a minority of muslims, but seriously, would you guys be bending over backwards to give Pat Robertson the benefit of the doubt if he fired an M-16 off and threatened to kill journalists who mocked Jesus??? (btw, that would be the coolest thing ever)
Mocker
Old Feb 3rd, 2006, 04:22 PM       
There is a huge fucking gap between "bending over backwards to give the benefit of doubt" and "calling Pharoah the bigoted shithead he is".

Sensible people have sensible reactions to this sort of behavior, and say "well, I don't think that's right." Bigots say, "let's start the fightback!"

I find it curious that people think "sensible Muslims keep quiet" when first of all, we can't count the inaction of anyone under a despotic regime as indicative of their true beliefs. And secondly, in free countries people saying "hey, be reasonable!" don't garner media attention. So even if someone is speaking out, who's to say anyone is particularly listening?

I never heard a big Christian outcry against abortion clinic bombers. Does that mean no sensible Christian ever spoke against that atrocious behavior? I can't even imagine that's true!