Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 02:00 PM       
Good point, I'll condense this thread into that one.
Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 02:04 PM       
So far the only thing I really use my Wii for is getting online, I play games but I'm not really a hardcore gamer. I am about half way through Zelda right now, and I have Wii Sports, Wii Play, and Super Monkey Ball also. Wii Play is really lame, I just bought that so I could get another wiimote, Super Monkey Ball has the shittiest controls of any game I have ever played, and I am pretty sick of Wii Sports, but it's alright when friends come over. I like the virtual console and I am excited about indepent developers signing up to add new content. Honestly, I have probably played Mario 64 more than any new game so far. But I really do like the web browser, it's pretty functional and I was excited to learn I could watch videos on youtube on it, alot of my days off I just lay on my couch and browse on it as opposed to my pc, the typing isn't really that much of a hassel and I'm sure a keyboard will be out eventually.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 02:05 PM       
Also James, Schimid was looking for a Wii for about a week or two before he found one. It isn't impossible and he wasn't searching every moment of his life for it.
Adult Adaptor
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 02:10 PM       
Use wiifinder, the ship dates and amount for Target stores are accurate. Here i had to wait in line, but I have alot of friends in Siloam Springs, AR, with a population of about 40,000, and they are regularly on the shelves, so you might check a smaller town like that.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 02:14 PM       
Quote:
f*ck you, dw**b

We have a Nintendo Wii thread already, with many of these things already said. That's the point.
Yep, that was your point and I agree that it could've been included in the Nintendo Wii thread.

Probably should have quoted but I was aiming at Black Flag because his statements concerns the post itself and not just starting a new thread outside of the Nintendo Wii thread.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM       
timrpgland it was stupid cause there's already a 10 plus page thread about the wii

i wasn't like "OH DUDE VIDEO GAMES ARE FOR NERDS YO GUYS SHOULD TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL"
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 04:01 PM       
Then I misread your post and apologize.

Quote:
what is the point of making this thread?

ok, james, it's understood you don't like the wii and aren't impressed by the controls

it's NOT that big of a deal man. if you don't like it then don't like it just shut up about it oh my god

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM       
asdfasddfdasfdsa

Last edited by James : Mar 19th, 2007 at 09:59 PM.
OK
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 06:12 PM       
james the wii is popular because it's relatively cheap and it has appeal to people who aren't traditional gamers. pretty much anyone can pick up and play wii sports and have atleast a moderate amount of fun and that goes a long way

if you don't like it, though, you don't like it. really it's all a matter of preference. there are horrible wii games but there are also horrible ps3 games and horrible 360 games. the wii's controls aren't inferior to 360's or ps3's but they aren't superior either, it's just something different. if it doesn't appeal to you there's nothing anyone can tell you that'll instantly make it click in your head.
DistantJ is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 06:43 PM       
Quote:
people who aren't traditional gamers
Or perhaps people who ARE traditional gamers. Remember, some of us were around when gaming was a lot more simple and straightforward.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 07:24 PM       
No one deemed it the Best Console Ever, at least no one with any credibility.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 7th, 2007, 06:39 PM       
Dear Jesus, High School Musical: The Game is coming to the Wii and DS.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 11:03 PM       
I just bought one of those notorious wi-fi usb connectors, despite what people had to say about it. I had some problems at first, but now it seems to working flawlessly. The instruction manual says the wii can be up to 30 ft. away, which is bullshit. It didn't start working well until I decided to put the wii within 5 ft. of my computer.

Does anyone know if you can buy Wii points on debit? Just making sure before I try it.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 11:22 PM       
I'm sure you can. The Visa Debit Card works in pretty much the same way as a credit card, to my knowledge.
Adult Adaptor
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 11:28 PM       
why buy one of those adaptors? you can get a router for like 10 bucks more and then you don't have to have it right next to your computer
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM       
Because it has "Wii" written on it. People'll automatically assume that it works and is best.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 11th, 2007, 11:43 PM       
It doesn't have Wii written on it, you chad.

I got it because I bought it for cheap. Also my experience with wireless routers have always been crappy, direct connection rules!

Of course I have it for the DS, which isn't constantly on like the Wii. I wouldn't recommend it for Wii users because you would have to leave your computer on all the time to make sure you get those juicy NINTENDO NOTES.

Has anyone even got any?

Adult Adaptor
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 12:13 AM       
All I get is the memo that says what I've played for the day, and stuff like when my mii is added to a new game. I think I got a note when the everybody votes channel came out.
Resident Lurker
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 12:19 AM       
I got one from Nintendo informing me about how cool the Wii is.

Adult Adaptor
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 12:28 AM       
man i hadn't seen anything on super paper mario yet, it looks really really fun!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...pe=mov&pl=game

for some reason watching that trailer made me really want the mystical ninja games to come out on virtual console
Resident Lurker
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 01:09 AM       
I just tried buying points on debit, and it won't let me. They demand I input an accurate billing adress. Obviously, debit users don't have one of those. Dammit, I guess it's off to EB.

was never good
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 06:35 AM       
You're probably typing your county in wrong. I had to go online and look up the OFFICIAL POST OFFICE NOMENCLATURE for my county, which is "PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY". So, yeah, I have to leave out the apostrophe and misspell my county's name to have the Wii accept it ;<
OK
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 10:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne
They demand I input an accurate billing adress. Obviously, debit users don't have one of those.
that's not obvious because it's not true and also a ridiculously stupid thing to say
Adult Adaptor
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 10:59 AM       
the first few times i bought wii points i didn't pay much attention and thought it said country, i put united states

it goes through like that, but now that i realized it says county it doesn't charge me tax any more
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 12th, 2007, 03:16 PM       
i get asked for my information all the time when usig a debit online or at gas stations
asking for the zip code that's connected to the card (wherever it was assigned) is pretty common.