Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 05:17 AM        PC not powering up
My stepdad's PC starting acting up, in that it doesn't power up when you push the power button. I figured it was a bad power supply, but the green LED on the motherboard still lights up, and the tiny plugs for the power switch running from the case to the motherboard are still intact.

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 05:43 AM       
dirty contacts on the switch, maybe?
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 07:03 AM       
Try attaching the reset button to the power header. If that doesn't work you're most probably looking at a faulty power supply, as you first suspected.

Though there is something to be said for checking the power cables attached to the motherboard haven't come loose.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM       
I tried all those, but in the end, the problem was the power supply itself. It just threw me off that the MB LED was still going. I was always under the impression that power supplies either worked or didn't work, with nothing in between.