Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM        removing all sound from an mpg
Hi folks, I'm trying to remove sound from mpgs. My dad got all his 8mm film put onto dvd and I'm re-editing them with Pinnacle Studio. But now that there are scenes cut, the dumb music that came with the movie is all screwed up and I can't seem to remove the sound from the mpegs that I'm working with.

Any suggestions?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM       
So, I was able to do this with Windows Movie Maker. You have to do something stupid to do it.

Put clip in time line and expand it so that you can see the embedded sound, mute the sound (dumb) them publish it to a new file.

Amazingly muting sound = remove sound from clip.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2008, 09:59 PM       
Quickest way would be to use virtualdub - http://www.virtualdub.com/

In the video menu, set it to 'direct stream copy' and in the audio menu set it to 'no audio' or equivalent, then save as... and it'll strip out the audio without having to recompress anything and it'll only take a second or two :o

<3 vdub