Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 30th, 2007, 11:22 PM        Computer/Network Problem
I have a new computer on my network of nine, but this one won't let anything off it. It can open files on all the other computers & even save to them if the file is smaller than 81KB, but beyond that it claims the 'path is too deep' even if it's just an alternate C

Oh AChimp, & anyone else, WTF is up?

Please. ;(
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old May 26th, 2008, 08:29 PM       
PLZ.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM       
I've never had this problem myself, but a simple internet search turned up this webpage:
http://www.chicagotech.net/winissues/pathtoolong.htm
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 09:56 PM       
Than you for your suggestion.

Only one of the linked solutions seemed to relate to my particular problem. Setting the blame on Service Pack 2 it gave a link to an update to fix the issue, but as far as I can tell the only thing it's done is remove the message that the 'path is too deep' without actually resolving the data not passing to the second machine.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 09:34 PM       
Well, I'd like to help you solve the problem but I am completely inexperienced with it.... Unless somebody else can come along with more information, I think the best bet is to start narrowing in on the root cause.

Can you describe the network setup? In particular, I would like to know how many share drives you have on each computer and how they are all connected together.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 01:54 PM       
I'm using a 16 port hub, the machine causing the problem only has it's C drive shared, a couple of the others on the network have secondary slaved drives shared, but... I don't know! I'm too stupid for this shit. Nevermind.

Thank you for trying to help.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 03:13 PM       
Change duplex settings from auto to full (100 or 10 depending on network settings) - >Go to DEVICE MANAGER, then NETWORK ADAPTER, right click go to PROPERTIES, go to the ADVANCED tab, then SPEED AND DUPLEX, change this setting from auto to either 10MB Full or 100MB Full (depending on your network).
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM       
Much thanks to you, Sir!

It was at auto and I set it to 10 full and now it works.

I really appreciate you holding my hand through the steps as I am an idiot.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM       
I copy pasted from google Glad it's finally done.