Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:44 PM       
So is it worth it on PC? Because I had to wait until saturday to get a 360 so I am waiting to get the game until then. This is a brand new computer with no 3D processor, so it should run ok right?
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2006, 10:46 PM       
I've heard that Oblivion is really friendly to PC users. I've actually had some disc reading problems with my 360.
Slim Goodbody
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:03 AM       
Still, no 3D processor.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 03:36 AM       
Just get it for 360 ya cunt.

That was very funny. Well done.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM       
You'll need a 3D card (shows a list of supported chip sets on the box) to play it on the PC.

Got to level 10 last night and have 5k saved up (legitimate). Been messing with the Arena and Fighter's Guild mostly.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:07 AM       
Did anyone set conjuration as one of their majors? The summons seen a lot more powerful now. I got Summon Scamp last night, and he's way improved. The first thing he did was flying knee a nord and his dog into the wall behind them :O
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:53 AM       
One thing I think is a little strange is that my Nord character has a all blue body but a white guy's face!

My character is a Warrior basically with Resotration, Sneak and Marksman as his other majors.

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM       
Kicking animals down Hills is infinateley entertaining.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM       
This game is pretty neat. Just a stereotypical AD&D nerdfest, but a good one.

I've only been to one city so far, but it seemed really claustrophobic. I really hope the other cities aren't like that. I loved Balmora but srsly that first city felt like i was playing Wolfenstein ;<

Oh and I like how they tease your thieving tendencies by letting you nab all sorts of neat shit and then spank you by not letting you sell it anywhere ;< I have like have a grand of shit that people won't accept from me ;<
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 02:45 AM       
Apparently someone in the thieves' guild will buy stolen shit. Also, the guy who runs the Copious Coinpurse will buy certain stolen items. Outside of stealing the best ways to make money are to make bullshit potions with alchemy and to join a faction. Any food you steal can be used to make restore fatigue potions, which sell for up to 5 gold each on average. Just stack 'em and liquidate :O
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 06:27 AM       
Am I the only person who thinks the new persuasion system is idiotic
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM       
You're probably using it wrong. The old one was worse because it was completely pointless. If someone's disposition dropped to 0, they didn't give a shit, but in this one, just about anyone will straight up attack you if you drop them to 0. Now speechcraft takes a little skill to do.
Slim Goodbody
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 09:21 AM       
Can't you make a person feel something other than just good or bad about you too? It seems much like the old one from what I can tell only much wider.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 09:48 AM       
It depends entirely upon who the person is. For example, some Nords are meh to boasting, some love it, some hate it. You've just gotta try them all.

Also, to anyone who's lacking fundage, try joining the Morag Tong. All you need to do is kill an innocent person, and their guildmaster approaches you when you sleep. Once you join, you can run about ten missions, each with a bonus prize for killing the mark/s a certain way, but you can still collect your money by straight up murdering the hell out of them. All of the bonus prizes are geared towards assassin characters anyway, so some of you may want to skip them. Anyway, once you run the last mission for your first Brotherhood Sanctuary, the next mission gives you both a large, empty place to live (well, you have to make it empty) and a horse named Shadowmere. So if you're not trying to drop a lot of dough on a horse or on a house at first, just run these missions first. Anything requiring stealth can just be chameleon or invisibled through, for our barbarian friends.

edit: cool note: After the second mission, try not to talk to too many people about your mark. Sometimes they do an awesome job of making you feel bad about killing them.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM       
Got to level 14 last night and the Grand Master of the Arena. I have 11k saved up currently.

Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 03:56 PM       
I couldn't get the screenshot function to work, i wanted to show everyone this awesome tomb with a bunch of baby skeletons and shit and a zombie head i found :O

I finished the Morag Tong quests today, [SPOILERS AHEAD]

Quote:
And now i am the only Speaker for the BLack Hand. They give you a robe and hood that fortifies Sneak, Light Armor, Illusion, Blade, Marksman, and Security for +20 each when combined, and through the quest tree you get tons of awesome anti-magic weapons and some sweet daggers. Now i just have to go to the Night Mother once a week, get a list of names, and give it to a subordinate to get weekly payment :O

I can even kill the people on the list myself if i want to :O

And now the Sanctuary is being filled with assassins who can i have tag along with me if'n i want:O
Fucking COOL. I hope the thieves' guild turns out loot as good as this one did.
was never good
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 05:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
You're probably using it wrong. The old one was worse because it was completely pointless.
Well, no. In the old one you would choose whether or admire or intimidate and they had seperate checks. In this one it's more of a really, really simple logic game than anything and the results are ridiculous. "I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU. I SEE. GO ON. I HATE YOU. I LOVE YOU. I HATE YOU. ;*. I HATE YOU. WELL DONE!" If I'm trying to persuade someone to like me, why do i have to threaten, admire, boast, and joke in equal portion? It just doesn't make sense at all.

And it removes a lot of the point in having a good speechcraft cause I can instantly make anyone love me after playing a 2-minute game of love-hate.

That bitch aside, I wanted to get up and cheer in the intro when it was panning over the world and playing the Elder Scrolls theme :<
Slim Goodbody
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 07:31 PM       
You had to do that in the last game too, you had to taunt, taunt, taunt, and if they didn't attack you before they got to zero you would have to bribe or else they wouldn't listen to you. So usually you would have to admire them when they were around 20 then start tauting around 60.
was never good
Old Mar 24th, 2006, 10:30 PM       
does that make the new system any less stupid

Been playing more today and the game is a lot of fun, though it's exactly like Morrowind. Not that that's a bad thing, though. I like the haggling system way better and the inclusion of fences does help to prevent you from wrecking the economy. The missions feel like something's actually going on as opposed to MISSION BEGIN MONSTER LEAP OUT HERE GO GO MISSION SUCCESS which is a big bonus; You actually feel like you're exploring a location instead of running around on a level someone built.

The guards have scared the bejesus out of me about 6 times now. Why the hell doesn't it make a noise when people magically phase through doors?

rummage rummage rummage HALT! AAAAAAAAH

Oh and I liked the music in morrowind better :< I don't remember any of the music in this game other than the hardcore junglism morrowind theme remix, which is still way worse than the morrowind theme.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 12:33 AM       
Does anyone know anything about adding skins for the game? I saw screenshots of some guy adding his face and some other faces on his characters.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 09:38 AM       
so what is this? a racing game or something?

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 01:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Just a stereotypical AD&D nerdfest, but a good one.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 03:01 PM       
Hijacking horses from stables is hilarious as shit. I like how after you steal a horse and ride to the next town as fast as you can the po-pos have somehow passed word on to everywhere in the game that you are an evil bad guy, even though they have absolutely no way of letting the other town know that before you get there.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 03:21 PM       
HELLO? MAGIC? !!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2006, 04:02 PM       
OH YEAH I FORGOT THE GUARDS HAVE MYSTICAL MAGICAL GOOD GUY POWERS THAT LET THEM RAPE YOU TO PIECES IN 5 SECONDS OR LESS AMONG OTHER THINGS