Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 07:10 PM        The unmitigated awesome of the Chick Tract.
I love these things so much. I collect them whenever I can.

Because they're notoriously touchy about it, I won't include any scans of "copyrighted" work or go into religious implications. I'll link you to a site of everything he ever wrote and it'll all speak for itself.

Every Chick Tract Ever.

Today I got 5 new ones, including "Love the Jewish People" (it said England is going to hell because they mistreated Jews ), "The Slugger" (He wins the world series, is told by his gardener he's going to hell, gets shoulder cancer and dies, then his greedy family finds out he left everything to the gardener), and "Little Shoes", where a drunk Latino guy gambles away the money for his son's shoes. The son cuts his foot and dies of pneumonia .

The art is great, but it's the melodramatic telenovela plots that really get me.

Shoulder cancer?
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 07:49 PM       
i think i watched a documentary on this subject.

actually i take that back. i know i watched a documentary on this subject.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 08:03 PM       
DON'T GET ADDICTED, YOU MIGHT DEVELOP CHICK TRACT MARKS.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 08:10 PM       
OHO
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 09:20 PM       
Oh man, do I ever love these things. They're like mutant brother of the Underground Comix movement that the comic book family keeps chained up in the shed. I always wanted to buy the complete collection of them, but I realized that half the fun of them is finding them at creepy independent shops or laying on the sidewalk along with a bloody condom and an opened popper.
"You've gotta' look to the future. The future is anarchy. I'm talking about lawlessness, I'm talking about the Lebanons of the future. I'm talking about the breakdown of the whole system. The military defending people against people. You won't get your appropriations waving that flag, there's no glory in that kind of warfare!"
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:09 PM       

LOVE ME
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:12 PM       
My favorite was the Father and son, going to the Middle East, when Dad explains the Arabs pray to the "moon god" - an Arab overhears and calls Dad out "You infidel, you will burn in the recesses of hell for all eternity" - long story short, Dad convinces Arab to convert to Christianity, the ONE TRUE RELIGION.

Maybe Jack should visit Mullah Omar or al-Zwahiri. HE IS JUST THAT GOOD!
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post

LOVE ME
Kitsa, you're scaring me.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 10:14 PM       
my face has that effect on most people
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:22 AM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:30 AM       
"the fuck do we get out of this place?"
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:48 AM       
WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE

IF IT'S THE LAST THING WE EVER DO

WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE

GIRL, THERE'S A BETTER LIFE

FOR ME AN YOU
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 02:11 AM       
Just use the back door
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 02:57 AM       
THEY ALREADY TRIED THAT AND IT JUST GAVE THEM AIDS
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:10 AM       
Is this some sort of Utah thing?
I'm honestly surprised I haven't found any of these yet. These seem like the perfect Austin export; both stupid art AND zealously religious
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 04:46 AM       
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 05:32 AM       
let me guess--he reads them and finds the lord
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 08:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Is this some sort of Utah thing?

They are definitely anti-Mormon:

The Visitors
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
I always wanted to buy the complete collection of them, but I realized that half the fun of them is finding them at creepy independent shops or laying on the sidewalk along with a bloody condom and an opened popper.
It's about $15 to buy every one in print, but I've come to the same conclusion. I always do well at fairs (fair season coming up!). Every once in a while, there will be a stack of them on the toilet paper dispenser in a public restroom or something, but I generally won't touch those. Icky.

I found these at a Christian petting zoo. I was so excited when I saw the giant rack of them.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 12:47 PM       
i actually thought this was gonna be about a tin toy

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:23 PM       
These legitimately upset me. If these things turn out to be made by bored religious radicals trying to troll a few shmucks, it's workin' on me.
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 01:24 PM       
The only one I've ever owned was "This Was Your Life"
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 03:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkvare View Post
i actually thought this was gonna be about a tin toy

The WTFbus museum has made an important new acquisition, and you'll see it shortly.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 09:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
The WTFbus museum has made an important new acquisition, and you'll see it shortly.
I'm waiting in breathless antcipation.
was never good
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 11:16 PM       
dark dungeons is the best one

"you are now a level 9 rogue, it's about time you learn REAL MAGIC"