Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 02:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
they might be government funded, but every school district i have seen is an INDEPENDENT school district, meaning they are subject to their own regulation.
But the consititution overrides all local law.
I was going to say that.

A lot of people here who seem to be for the intertwining of church and state oversimplify the case by daring others to find, somewhere in the First Amendment, where that idea is specifically addressed. Well for one, it's in the "spirit of the clause" and this point has been upheld in numerous Supreme Court precedent setting cases. If you like, I can find links to such cases. Those types decisions reflect just how flexible and amazing the Constitution is and are every bit as important as the original document.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 02:36 PM       
yes, the national government is supreme of smaller forms of government, but the constitution is extremely ambiguous in this instance. this is why the grounds on which brown v board was decided is doubtful at best.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 21st, 2003, 04:13 PM       
"Max, you are against the right of a teacher to lead a class of students in prayer if they so choose to do so."

First of all, never say anything about my spelling until you're grammar improve. 'They so chose to do so.' Honestly.

I assume this is a public school, since in private school, the problem of right vs. laws would not rise.

When you say 'they' do you mean the students? Do you mean all of them? Are we then assuming a classroom wiith only onbe religion? How did we determine that they so chose to do so?

Do you believe in free speech, or hate it, naldo? If the teacher wanted to lead the class in a joint recitation of the phrase "Jesus was just a loud mouth jew who couldn't keep his head low nd got himself killed for it." If that teacher was fired, would you defend his right to do what he did? If not, is it becuase you hate what America stands for?

You are playing a sophist game to avoid the fact you already know. When you said I hated what America stands for, you were telling a lie.

Be a man. Admit your fault. This squirming you go in for whenever anyone catches you out behaving in ways you insist you don't is distatseful. You know it was a lie. Are you such a small man you can't own up to it?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 09:38 AM       
Bump. Becuase Ronnie Can't admit it when he lies.