Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 08:33 AM       
idk. The theater I went to was one of those really ultra-posh ones with the leather recliner seats and I was just kind of enjoying that. I had the choice of seeing the movie or doing an extra ten loops around Marcon and I'd seen about everything there was to see there, so what the hell.

I had a discussion with the concession stand guy about the movie and he upgraded my soda for free, so I thank Suzanne Collins for the gigantic coke zero.

However, I still maintain that she, a Hollywood screenwriter, who claims to have absolutely no prior knowledge of Battle Royale, Running Man, Most Dangerous Game, The Lottery, or even the story of the fucking Minotaur, or any of the other many stories with a nearly identical theme, she is either really poorly educated or lying, and that pisses me off.

Hunger Games went so far as to have nearly identical characters as Battle Royale, only the genders of the protagonists are reversed. Woody Harrelson is a slightly more amiable version of Beat Takeshi's character. They even have the "ringers" in the competition, the trained professional killers, who volunteer. In Hunger Games they're the "Careers" and in Battle Royale it was Kiriyama. Same same.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 11:45 AM       
or gladiators
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 14th, 2012, 12:18 PM       
i saw it yesterday and for some reason i thought about warhammer 40k all the time also it will never be as good as the running man cause there are no chansaws to the dick

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 04:47 AM       
Battle Royal is overrated. OOPS DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 05:22 AM       
When you think about it, it all is.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 06:49 AM       
I thought it was boring, and more than a little retarded. Its the real kind of overrated.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 08:46 AM       
If you don't have the buy-in, you don't have the buy-in.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 11:46 AM       
I think most of us have played way too many video games with these kind of scenarios. It's one thing to watch it happen, but when you play a character and survive, well movies just aren't good enough.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 10:07 PM       
I liked it enough to read the manga. That was the first one I'd ever read, because fuck that shit, and it was pretty good once I got past all of the hilariously Caucasian features of the Japanese teenagers.

I guess I've played video games with similar scenarios, but it was really something the first time I saw a movie about kids killing each other to win a game. I've always thought it was pretty well done, for the most part.

That was very funny. Well done.
teacup of sunshine
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 11:18 PM       
First and last time Zomboid and I will ever agree probably
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2012, 11:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
I guess I've played video games with similar scenarios, but it was really something the first time I saw a movie about kids killing each other to win a game. I've always thought it was pretty well done, for the most part.
Battle royale is fucking awesome, hunger games is god damn lame.
Forum Virgin

BigChris is probably a spambot
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 03:31 AM       
If Jennifer Lawrence could act at all, that movie would have been tolerable. She's got the acting range of a brick. (Spare me the "but she won an oscar" bullcrap, so did Julia Roberts for essentially playing herself.)
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 10:20 PM       
I don't dislike her. She's personable. Although I have noticed that if you can do a good angry outburst/psychotic break, you're automatically oscar material. Lots of the clips they played during the "best actress" send-up were of tearful shouting.

I take exception to a professional Hollywood screenwriter feigning being unaware of roughly a zillion identical plotlines, mainly.

I'm also pissed that archery got appropriated into pop culture through this movie. Don't ask me to explain that.
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 30th, 2013, 04:13 PM       
Part of me wants to see Catching Fire to see how much like BRII it is.

Although, I think the Mockingjay one would be more like BRII, now that I've read the books.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 30th, 2013, 09:50 PM       
are the books any good?
teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 30th, 2013, 09:57 PM       
I wouldn't call them super-duper-sophisticated, but they're standard Young Adult Fiction and not quite as vapid as Twilight. I mean, this is a writer for Little Bear. It's entertaining enough.