Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 10:43 AM        Los Angeles
Going to los angeles tomorrow. Just in time for carmageddon.

Anything to look for that is fun, exciting, free? Hopefully going to Hollywood and disneyland.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 01:28 PM       
Take a walk around Grauman's Chinese theater.

Visit Tadao.
You may already be there.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 04:58 PM       
Hopefully you won't have to go on the 405 past the 10fwy. Weather should be nice. LAMCA has a Tim Burton exhibit if your interested.
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 05:28 PM       
The Museum of Neon Art!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 05:30 PM       
I'm flying directly into lax so I'll be right in the middle of the 405 free for all. Going to Dana Point. Hopefully meet up with bannedjorn and whiskey.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 05:40 PM       
You will be heading south of the mess, you should be fine.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 07:25 PM       
Go to the Ghetty!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 10:30 PM       
Somebody just emailed me earlier today asking for cool places to check out while in California. I'll copy-paste what I sent him as you may wanna check out some of these places as well if you have a chance:

WACKO
4633 Hollywood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90027
(This is pretty much the craziest pop culture store you'll ever see and something I always tell visitors to Los Angeles they absolutely must check out)

AMOEBA
6400 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90028
(The largest music and movie store in the country. downstairs is all music, upstairs is all movies. It's a MASSIVE place and I've spent entire days here finding many of the treasures that I write about on the site)

SANTA MONICA PIER
200 Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica, CA 90401
(A classic LA destination. A big pier complete with a roller coaster, arcade, restaurants and more. Great for sightseeing the Pacific Ocean 'n all)

BIG KIDS COLLECTABLE TOY MALL
14109 Burbank Boulevard
Sherman Oaks, CA 91401-4908
(Doesn't look like much from outside, but inside, it's like going back in time to a place with all kinds of amazing retro toys and games. Very cool lil' shop.)

ROCKET FIZZ
2112 West Magnolia Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91506
(If you're a fan of obscure sodas, this is absolutely worth visiting. They have a TON of sodas for you to try and a nice assortment of candy as well.)

CABAZON DINOSAURS
50800 Seminole Dr
Cabazon, CA 92230-2304
(I did an article about these dinosaurs on I-Mockery and I enjoyed seeing them - particularly cuz I'm a huge fan of Pee-wee's Big Adventure. So if you have a chance to go out that way, it's worth checking out. If you do go, be sure to eat at the Wheel-Inn restaurant right next door. Good food and it's another place that's clearly frozen in time.)

THOUSAND STEPS BEACH
9th Ave & Pacific Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92652
(My favorite beach in California. It's a decent drive down South, so I don't know if you're gonna be headed that way, but if you do, it's worth seeing. Very secluded beach - hardly anybody even knows about it - with amazing cliffs around you on all sides.)

CIRCUS LIQUOR
5600 Vineland Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91601
(I don't drink, but this is just one of those random things in LA that I love. It's a liquor store with a huge creepy clown sign. It's a well known landmark and has been in a variety of films. Why anybody thought a huge evil clown at a liquor store was a good idea is beyond me, but I'm glad they built it, cuz it makes for some great photos if you happen to be up that way.)

BOB'S BIG BOY
4211 West Riverside Drive
Burbank, CA 91505-4146
(This is the original location and it still feels like something straight outta the 50's - and the food is great too. People who own hot rods and other awesome classic cars have a huge gathering here every Friday night from - or "cruise night" as it has come to be known - from 6pm - 10pm.)

Other great things to check out that I would've typed up descriptions for but were already on his list include the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena (which is going on this weekend I believe), Frank & Sons Collectibles Show, Gallery 1988 (where our new Halloween pixel print is currently hanging), Melrose Trading Post, the New Beverly Cinema, and the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre.

Hope this helps and hope to see ya at Comic-Con
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:20 AM       
I'm missing comic con this year

I'm going to be just south of laguna beach. Hopefuly will get to check out cabazon dinosaurs.(is that where they end up in "the wizard" too?)

Comic con next year though
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 09:42 AM       
Just saw a documentary about earthquakes that states the San Andreas fault is about due for occurrence.

Good luck!
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 10:14 AM       
Son of a bitch
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 03:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
I'm missing comic con this year

I'm going to be just south of laguna beach. Hopefuly will get to check out cabazon dinosaurs.(is that where they end up in "the wizard" too?)
Yeah, they're the same dinosaurs from The Wizard. Sorry ya can't make it to Comic-Con.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 11:10 PM       
Full on aggravation vacation.

Highlights: Las Vegas is cool as shit and cheap. Driving through Nevada takes forever unless you driving with the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack playing.

Hollywood is busy as shit. We drove around Hollywood playing Reel Big Fish with the windows down to attract a Tadao. A different japanese guy came out instead.

Ralphs has cheap ass liquor.

Kahljorn, Angie and I went to churchills bar and brewery. Shit was good. Then we went to In and Out burger. Shit was good.

Continental airlines are a pile of worthlessness.

Sophia likes swimming.

Current business.

What did I miss?
Kahl got banned for having cheeseburgers in the wrong thread?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 11:39 PM       
in n out = almost as good as going to comicon
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 03:17 PM       
You could have IM'ed me.
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 03:38 PM       
I only had access to my phone all week, no computer. Plus I thought you were in the carribean or something.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 04:03 PM       
UH HUH LIKELY EXCUSE I FORGIVE YOU