Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 14th, 2013, 08:03 AM       
UGh those are the people in the new oz movie?

potiche
a factory owner has some health problemz and is super-stressed by his workers striking because he's an asshole. he gives his wife temporary control of the factory and she hates him and basically gives the workers everything they want and makes it an awesome place that everybody loves and then the man comes back and fucks everything up and then she divorces him and runs for an MP position.
the french are super-silly. this movie took a little while to get going (actually the opening scene is pretty funny, but after that it takes a while!).
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 10:12 AM       

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM       
that looks horrible

Speaking of horrible, I watched Quantum of Solace in full last night.
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:26 PM       
no way

totally awesome

(not really kinda slow and hard to follow and only available dubbed and without subtitles and the people are hard to understand because it's a shitty old dub)

i don't know, any movie where the opening credits play over a black background with random balinese masks is A-OK in my book.

(PS in the middle image, a penanggalan is sucking a baby out of a pregnant woman's vagina)
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM       
I searched and you are correct. I can't find a non dubbed version.

Hey Brian, was that dumb bitch Mia Kuntz (or whaterver) voice as annoying as it always is in the Oz movie?
Old Mar 18th, 2013, 06:43 PM       
would i lie to you? mystics in bali is one of the few krasue/leak/penanggalan/flying-head witch movies that still exists let alone has an english translation at all.
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:29 AM       
other recent movie watchinz

THE ADVENTURES OF BARON MUNCHAUSEN (terry gilliam) - gilliam's movies are always pretty fun (even though it seems like the last few i've watched have all included a gang of 5-6 men having adventures together). watching terry gilliam movies reminds me i still need to watch BRAZIL. also his wacky adventure movies make me think of jeunet or whoever - the french guy who did amelie and the city of lost children. i think he should make a new movie.

THE TRIP - rob brydon and steve coogan go on a trip together. what i liked about this movie: long, drawn-out, boring scenes in which steve and rob go back and forth spewing gibberish. what i didn't like about this movie: scenes without rob brydon.
a big theme in the movie is that people don't like steve coogan and he's a douche, but everybody loves rob brydon and he's likeable. this was portrayed very effectively, to the point that you're wishing the steve-coogan-only scenes were shorter.
ha ha h

THE NAKED CIVIL SERVANT - i guess i mentioned this a while ago when i watched the recent "unofficial follow-up" (an englishman in new york). based on quentin crisp's autobiography, this movie is basically john hurt being flamboyant and openly gay at a time when that was illegal/etc. john hurt is cool. quentin crisp was cool.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 01:24 PM       
I watched Sinister and Cloud Atlas last night.

Both were good, yet both were very predictable for me. I don't mind, I don't need a twist. It's just nice to enjoy stories for what they are for a change.

Sinister gave me the creeps. It never scared me, but the whole flow of the movie was very eerie.

Cloud Atlas is what it is. I'll probably watch it again next month to pick up on things that blew past me the first go round. It's probably on of those movies that you watch a few times.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:49 PM       
Just finished The Hobbit Part 1. I think I'm burned out on the whole thing.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 08:56 PM       
Hey Aaarg, know of any Serbian/Croatian/Yugoslavian movies that are worth a watch?
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 07:28 AM       
i'm not sure if i know of any, period. i've seen a handful of czech and hungarian movies, but that's about it as far as eastern europe goes.

here's a croation animated short that i love.

Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM       
I'm really interested right now in the culture of the old formerly communist countries. My family's from Russia, so I'm at least a little bit familiar with Soviet cinema and music.

I've seen like one or two Czech movies too, but I'll totally take a movie from Hungaria. And maybe what's his name, the other garia.
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 07:26 PM       
Pardon me for the delay, Tadao. I'm only familiar with her work on Family Guy, so I can only say that she barely sounds like Meg Griffin. There's already a sequel in the works, by the way, and all the actors apparently signed on.

Last edited by WhiteRoseBrian : Mar 20th, 2013 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Expanding my reply to Tadao.
aint nobody

All Hail Duke is probably a spambot
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 10:27 PM       
death race 2000

entertaining 70's cheese
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 12:40 PM       
I also just recently watched Death Race 2000 for the first time. Netflix doesn't always suck. I have also started watching Korean dramas with the missus. I'm getting old.
aint nobody

Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 07:07 PM       
hugo

it was ok i guess
Comic Artist in Training
WhiteRoseBrian is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2013, 10:13 PM       
My friend, his friend, and I went out to see The Croods. It was a bit better than I expected.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Mar 25th, 2013, 03:11 PM       
Oh man, their cave people but their just like us!
Console cowboy
Captain Conquest is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM       
Rope, Day of the dolphin, O-zone ( ) and Pumpkinhead
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 27th, 2013, 05:38 PM       
Just watched "The Collection". It was good until the end. I like that it was fast paced, otherwise it would be completely boring. Then the end happened and it was typical and predictable. :/
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 07:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conquest View Post
O-zone ( )
oh my god. i was trying to remember this movie a few days ago. "you know, that really terrible movie with the black guy and the junkie zombies?" nothin'. awful movie.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Mar 28th, 2013, 08:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaarg View Post
oh my god. i was trying to remember this movie a few days ago. "you know, that really terrible movie with the black guy and the junkie zombies?" nothin'. awful movie.
Is it awful in an entertaining way? Weird coincidence, we're having a VHS night with a few friends this saturday, and the point is to watch random shitty movies we picked up at flea markets. Ozone is one of them.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:20 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Melvin View Post
Is it awful in an entertaining way? Weird coincidence, we're having a VHS night with a few friends this saturday, and the point is to watch random shitty movies we picked up at flea markets. Ozone is one of them.
It wasn't. What a piece of shit.
aint nobody

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 01:30 AM       
dirty harry

corny as hell, but very entertaining
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM       
Skyfall, strangely, I like the other 2 better.