Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 04:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
Zomboid, if you havent heard most of the exclusives that are on the PS3, maybe you should go play...them...or read about them a bit before jumping to conclusions about how they suck

and xbla does not have the Pixeljunk series..or echochrome.. i can keep listing them.

Sounds like fanboyism and also if you look at the praise for Killzone 2 by beta players and by the press, it'll change your mind on it. Sequels..can improve.
Yeah, it sounds like xbla is really missing out on some treats with those games that I've never even heard of. I'm sure they're wonderful and people are just keeping that awesomeness to themselves by not discussing it.

Oh wait, fathom just did and he said they suck.

I thought there were enough people here that made it very clear that no one gives a fuck about ps3's exclusives, so stop trying to push that. I have a few friends with playstation 3's, and none of em play any of the exclusive games. Why? Because they suck or aren't as good as the ones that are on multiple consoles.

Really, kid. You're not gonna change my mind or anyone else's, so fuck off.

That was very funny. Well done.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM       
Finally got my xbox fixed; right now I'm playing Rock Band 2. If anyone wants to hit me up on LIVE, my account is fairly obvious.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 09:31 PM       
FINALLY installing fallout 3. but jesus, what else have i been playing lately (NOW THAT SCHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL'S OUT -- FOR -- WINTERBREAK):

assassin's creed - this game is beautiful, but really wish it had a subtitles option. somewhat hard to understand, and i generally play video games in a room with a lot of people, so you know what i mean. but yeah, controls are nice, gameplay is nice, direction is a little confusing, and yeah, i understand what everyone was saying about repetition
wario land: shake it! - hilarious. every time i press a button wario lets out one of his many grunts and gross sound effects, and i laugh every time. gameplay is very simple, feels kinda like a flash game. maybe would be more suited for the ds? either way, the game is just fun, and i think that's all it's trying to be. so GREAT
oddworld: abe's oddyssey - i've been playing this nostalgic title on a psx emulator on my laptop, but goddamn if playing it on a keyboard is frustrating (although, playing the pc version would be fine because the talk commands get mapped to the number keys). i might attempt to run this on my wii; there's some sort of psx emualtor floating around. loved this game as a kid, still love it now
mother 3 - lol, i wish i was playing this but i can't get into it for some reason. FUCK ME

getting ready to play over winter break: super mario sunshine, bomberman generation, fallout 3, fable, sam & max, hopefully pick up mushroom men... IT'S GONNA BE A FUN BREAK!!! :D
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 10:47 PM       
I might consider picking Fallout 3 back up when they release the DLC. As it is, I'll just buy the three expansions and bum off of my friend.

Operation: Anchorage looks FLY
Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2008, 11:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
Yeah, it sounds like xbla is really missing out on some treats with those games that I've never even heard of. I'm sure they're wonderful and people are just keeping that awesomeness to themselves by not discussing it.

Oh wait, fathom just did and he said they suck.

I thought there were enough people here that made it very clear that no one gives a fuck about ps3's exclusives, so stop trying to push that. I have a few friends with playstation 3's, and none of em play any of the exclusive games. Why? Because they suck or aren't as good as the ones that are on multiple consoles.

Really, kid. You're not gonna change my mind or anyone else's, so fuck off.
Chill out and play the games, not my fault your friends don't know about the exclusives
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 12:02 AM       
My friends just like GOOD games.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 12:10 AM       
Resistance is pretty good and the new Uncharted game looks good too. But seriously, there's almost nothing specific in the PS3's favor.

Even MGS4 isn't for everybody.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 12:45 AM       
My friend got Tatsuwhatever Vs. Capcom for the Wii.

I don't know who the anime characters are, but the guys from the Capcom side are kinda lame. Aside from Ryu, Chun Li, Legends Mega Man, and the titty lady from Darkstalkers, they're all pretty obscure.

Combat's the usual stuff, but for some reason I picked it up really quick and started comboing my friends, which is weird, because I'm not that good at fighters.

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 02:54 AM       
On one hand, I really wouldn´t mind having some nice exclusives for the PS3, so there might finally be a reason for me to buy one (the System is a good one, no doubt)...but there isn´t. The only game that really sparked my interest was MGS4 and a friend of mine was so nice to let me play the entire thing while he watched.
I was pretty dissappointed by that "game". Sure, it ties all the loose ends...but it does that so desperately, it´s not even funny. 4-5 hours of more or less good gameplay and 9 hours of idly sitting by watching Snake get old and even more stupid is...not what I call a good game.

Concerning the other games...what is there? Resistance is just another Shooter (say what you want, it is), I already have enough of those. Uncharted is apparently very good, LBP is good, Valkyria is said to be good too, but I think a game like that belongs in a museum...no...wait. On a portable console, that´s what I wanted to say. And apart from that, there´s nothing that can make me want to spend 500 Bucks for a single game or even three.

The only things I´d like to see on XBL too are Warhawk and Stardust HD, those are really nice games.

I think the main problem is, that many people already have a 360 and don´t see any reason to buy an aditional console (like me) just for two or three more or less good games. I can only speak for myself, but the PS3 doesn´t have any systemsellers right now. For me.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 06:03 AM       
There are some games that could prove to be awesome coming to the PS3 next year, and that's the only reason I picked up one of those Metal Gear Solid package deals.

Massive Action Game seems pretty awesome.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 12th, 2008, 07:30 AM       
MAG is gonna be just stupid.

OH! I forgot about The Last Guy! And Calling All Cars! And Fat Princess! And Loco Roco! And the new Punisher game, (multiplayer only FPS.) And Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.

All on the PSN.

But whichever console Quake comes to first will obviously be the deciding factor.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 01:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
MAG is gonna be just stupid.

OH! I forgot about The Last Guy! And Calling All Cars! And Fat Princess! And Loco Roco! And the new Punisher game, (multiplayer only FPS.) And Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.

All on the PSN.

But whichever console Quake comes to first will obviously be the deciding factor.
I'm tired of Sony publishing all these games that require you to make your own content. It makes me feel like they've gotten really tired of making games.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 01:20 AM       
I don't know what you were referencing in my comment, but okay!

No, it's a new fad in games, like "open-worlds." It started when a lot of PC devs made games with editors and things, now they're making games with similar experiences as PC gamers migrated over. Customizeable characters are cool, but level editors are where the fun is. I think shit really kicked into high gear with Halo 3's Forge. Being a popular franchise got a lot of people into the editor, as opposed to the other way around. Now that that's been around for a while, people are looking to games for user-generated content.

I have not latched fully onto user-created content, yet.

With LBP, I feel absolutely daunted by everything I can do in it and I end up doing nothing but making a penis-shaped rocket car.

In Banjo Kazooie, I enjoyed making monstrosities and driving them around and using them in multiplayer. It was fuckin' awesome.

But regardless, it'll probably be superceded by some other awesome idea that everyone wants to capitalize on and with be incorporated into every title in the near future some way or another.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 02:26 AM       
Quote:
As I heard it, it's a free-to-play dealie; one of those microtranaction games.
http://www.megatenonline.com/
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM       
Uh...there's an english site you know :V
http://megaten.aeriagames.com/

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 13th, 2008, 01:31 PM       
Maybe someone wanted both.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2008, 10:14 PM       
Has anyone noticed that 360 owners tend to talk about how much fun the games are, or talk about them playing the games, and ps3 owners talk about how 'Ps3 is so much better, faggot!'
Also, everyone I know who owns one's argument as to why the ps3 is better is because none of them break.
That's probably because no one plays it enough to break it.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 12:17 AM       
http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/showt...php?t=69697142

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 12:18 AM       
does anyone knows about good and preferably free point and click games

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 01:25 AM       
http://www.homestarrunner.com/dangeresque.html
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 02:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Has anyone noticed that 360 owners tend to talk about how much fun the games are, or talk about them playing the games, and ps3 owners talk about how 'Ps3 is so much better, faggot!'
Also, everyone I know who owns one's argument as to why the ps3 is better is because none of them break.
That's probably because no one plays it enough to break it.
I guess thatīs because the PS3 is the contender this time around. Last time, the PS2 already had itīs place in everyoneīs house and the Xbox had to compete against that and didnīt do too well.

This time, the 360 arrived first while those hellbent on sticking to a single company (a behaviour I will never ever understand) had to wait until "their" console was released. So maybe those PS3-Fanatics feel like they have to be on the offense all the time...donīt know but thatīs at least one explanation.

Also, 360-Fanatics try to avoid praising the hardware since theyīll only get a RROD-Counter from everyone. They DO break down a lot, thatīs a fact, and an unpleasant one for the Fans to work with.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 07:21 AM       
Not Lost Planet anymore because it's gay as hell.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 07:22 AM       
Quote:
Not Lost Planet anymore because it's gay as hell.
And I do praise the 360 hardware, especially the new Jasper boards.
The Wolf
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 05:37 PM       
My xbox broke down once since launch, and I got a new one with a month free of live. That's like 4 years with one incident, so I can't really put a whole lot of stock into the red ring of death thing. I know it happens a lot, but it's only happened to me once; I'm happy :D

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Dec 15th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimecow View Post
mother 3 - lol, i wish i was playing this but i can't get into it for some reason. FUCK ME
Same here, unfortunately. I've done two chapters since it came out and it's just not clicking with me I really want it to

So I just started up a new Earthbound game this afternoon. Maybe it'll get me in the mood

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog