Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2009, 07:03 AM       
Body of Lies - A competent thriller but nothing special. Good performance from DiCaprio but Russell Crowe annoyed me.

Gran Torino - Finally got around to watching this and loved it. Eastwood is really great, though he kind of reminded me of Hank Hill
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 07:32 PM       
My Bloody Valentine: 3d (Except the theater only showed it in 2D when we went.)

Wow was this ridiculous. It would have been better if I would have went when they were still showing it in 3d. All these other people in the theater were getting upset at me and my sister who were sitting toward the back.

We just kept exclaiming "Ahhhhh, this would be in 3D right now!"

I did really enjoy the way the flick opened too.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 09:30 PM       
I watched the live action version of Devilman and it fucking sucked and was one and a half hours too long.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 09:42 PM       
Bad times, usually live action versions of things are terrible. I remember watching a live studio version of Cutey Honey before.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Feb 12th, 2009, 09:47 PM       
Ugh.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM       
Max Payne
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 06:24 PM       
Well here's 3 movies I just watched. Story of Ricky, Return of the Living Dead, and just finished Mallrats.
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 07:20 PM       
I liked Return2 when they have the Zoombies running down the street.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 07:35 PM       
Pineapple Express. It was a big chunk of mediocre pot-comedy interrupted by hilarious Borat-style fight scenes.
filthiest soap dish
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 09:10 PM       
The more I watch that movie the less I like it, it's one of those films that are good to watch only once.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 09:09 AM       
Paul Blart: Mall Cop - I'm one of those crazy people that actually quite liked King of Queens and think that Kevin James is pretty funny, even when he's in completely shit films like Chuck and Larry. As such I was willing to check out Paul Blart: Mall Cop despite it's dubious reviews and I'm glad I did. It's certainly not breaking any new ground so far as comedy goes and there are some rather stupid elements to the film but overall I enjoyed it.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - Again I watched this film purely for the fact that I like Michael Cera. It reminded me a lot of Lost in Translation to be honest, which is good because I like Lost in Translation. I think it's a slightly better film than Juno, but that could just be because I don't like Ellen Page. Cera's performane is as good as usual. I don't know what it is he does but he has some strange ability to make lines like "I promise you sir, this is not a taxi" hilarious.
Anyway, it's worth a watch.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM       
We watched Friday the 13th part 2 last night.

It's hilarious how long they took to figure out what Jason was/did. Especially in Part 2 where he gets kicked in the balls.

The bf actually thought Jason X was called "Jason Goes to Space", which I like better because it puts a madcap muppet-caper spin on it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 02:34 PM       
I like Kevin James, he stand up show has funny too. I'm sure mall cop is just fine on a lazy day.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Bug.

I had never even heard of this movie before I watched it but I was pleasantly surprised. Clever how they tied all the characters together.
I already know the twists of the plot, but is it gross?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 07:02 AM       
Religulous. Funny and thought provoking; I'm always impressed by Bill Maher's broad knowledge of many religions. But it's a preaching to the choir type ordeal. If you agree you'll like it; if you don't you won't and would likely dismiss it sight unseen.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 12:38 AM       
I watched nosferatu three times in a row IM SO LAME.

SO LAME.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 09:46 AM       
Man, Nosferatu is awesome
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 02:17 PM       
The Core again. You'd think I would just leave it alone by now.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 05:35 PM       
Where the Buffalo Roam- I'm not sure whose Hunter S. Thompson I like better. I think Bill Murray's is better going on voice alone, but Johnny Depp was better with expressions and mannerisms. Both actors' attitude problems reputedly date to their character study of Hunter S. Thompson. Great writer and interesting guy overall, but he spawned this disease of wannabes who can't differentiate drugged-out insanity from pathetic deliberate wackiness.

American Splendor- I really like Harvey Pekar. Paul Giamotti was perfect for the role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0akXKxbflM
SKATASTIC
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 06:22 PM       
I have to finish watching American Splendor. I tried watching it with my ex-girlfriend and she fell asleep. We are no longer dating.
filthiest soap dish
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 09:10 PM       
I indulged myself in Sleepaway Camp 2. It's a true cheese fest but that's what I'm looking for.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 07:19 AM       
Teen Sex Comedy #2141 (Sex Drive) - Not the worst film ever with a few amusing parts but otherwise a by the numbers teen sex comedy.
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 02:12 PM       
Burn after Reading. It had its funny points but was a little disappointing overall. A lot of the time, I thought Brad Pitt was trying to do a French Stewart impression.

Spoilers!

Edit: My mother recommended "Delta Farce". I left halfway through. Wacky redneck hijinks are not my thing.

Last edited by Kitsa : Feb 20th, 2009 at 05:21 PM.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 06:30 PM       
Apocalypse Now: I'm no master of movie madness but I'm pretty sure this is the greatest movie ever made.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 06:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Burn after Reading. It had its funny points but was a little disappointing overall. A lot of the time, I thought Brad Pitt was trying to do a French Stewart impression.
I didn't expect the movie to be as dark as it was, but I was thoroughly entertained.