Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 04:58 PM        the thing prequel
so i was going trhough some movie websites and i found about this movie the trailer is pretty much what you expect in this day and age from a horror movie
http://movies.msn.com/movies/movie-t...8-a9c3914b03c0

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 07:40 PM       
Eugh... CGI bullshit. Awful.

John Carpenter's "The Thing" is one of the few films I refer to whenever anybody talks about the downfalls of CGI. CGI will never look as good as the real special effects they used to create the monstrosities in that film. What they did in his version of The Thing was an absolute work of art.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 10:09 PM       
Couldn't get the link to work, found it on youtube though:

The Thing was a great movie and the scene where the guys chest cavity opens up and munches that dude's arms was probably one of the most magnificently done "real" special effects I've ever seen.

I'll probably download it but that's all it's going to get out of me.
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 10:09 PM       
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 02:59 AM       
They should call this

The Thing: That Nobody Wants to See
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 08:03 PM       
Just watched The Thing again last night with a bunch of people who never saw it. Such an awesome movie.

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 11:51 AM       
With the right director, anything could work. But I doubt this will.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 03:39 PM       
It will not.

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 03:54 PM       
i hope they hire diablo cody to punch up the script
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 11:39 PM       
That's what I say to any girl stupid enough to get into my bed.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 01:10 AM       
As an internet patron who has only seen most of the first movie but not the ending due to Youtube commerce, I highly agree with the situation of CGI being worse in ten fold than the previous effects.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 04:46 AM       
they don't care if it looks better they just want faster and cheaper

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Buttmunch
Tacobot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 09:12 PM       
I just saw a trailer for this at the theater and it's the first i'v heard about it. And it got me kinda excited, i like the idea of a prequel, even though i'm sure the story about paranoid people killing one another in the antarctic can't be much different than the original. They could have just as easily made a straight remake like everyone else is doing these days.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Sep 1st, 2011, 12:31 AM       
It looks okay. I'm just glad it's a prequel instead of a remake. Makes me think people can see this movie with the ugly cgi monsters, as a work up to seeing the superior movie.

Also The Thing was a remake of The Thing from Outer Space. I didn't notice that at all until the internet told me.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 19th, 2011, 06:01 PM       
I'm guessing that the thing prequel sucked judging from this thread. I ain't gonna see it. I'm pretty sure this musical number is better than it could be.

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 03:46 PM       
That was rather enjoyable.