Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 09:21 PM        Health insurance is bullshit, I have proof.
I have recently recieved a qoute from Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield in New York state.

$2,568.71 per month for just me. Thanks assholes, thanks a lot. And don't think for one second that I would fall for that "indemnity" scam, I know that thats not health insurance and no amount of deceitful wording can fool me.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM       
Holy Jesus. That's effed up.
You may already be there.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 09:47 PM       
"If you choose not to buy health coverage your driving up the cost for everyone else" Oh yeah, HOW?
"Illegal immigrants can walk into a hospital and get free medical attention while US citizens have to pay for it" BULLSHIT Name one hospital that chooses not to bill a person based on their citizenship status. Name just one of them. I don't think you can.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 09:53 PM       
EVERYONE can walk into an emergency, give fake info, and never pay the bill. Illegals are just smarter than Americans.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 10:10 PM       
Another misnomer about the reasons for high insurance costs is fraud. Can you point to one instance where somebody was able to gain admittance to a hospital with fake personal info? No, you can't. Hospitals require a photo ID to be presented before they can treat a person. If they didn't, they would not be able to carry malpractice and liability insurance.

Furthermore, it is not the responsibility of insurance carriers to reimburse hospitals if they become the victims of fraud, so that shoots to shit the excuse that illegals are the cause of high insurance costs.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 10:33 PM       
not in the emergency room, you don't need ID and you can sue if they don't treat you.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 10th, 2010, 11:33 PM       
Illegal aliens don't explain why the guy next door to me pays less then $600 for the same policy that I was just quoted 2,568.71 for. Unpaid debts does not contribute that ,uch to the cost.

I'm just pissed off because a bunch of people at work were complaining that people like me without insurance are the reasons for the high cost of insurance. These are also people who get benefits from work before it was phased out for new employees. It turns out that since there are so many people looking for work that my boss ( and thousands of employers like him) have decided that it is no longer necessary to draw employees in with the promise of medical benefits.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 12:22 AM       
damn dude at that rate you might as well start your own health insurance company and collect interest on the 30,000 dollars you would otherwise be spending
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 12:42 AM       
It's just, none of this makes any fucking sense at all. The rep could not explain why it costs so much for for me and kept giving me the old "take it or leave it" line. She honestly thought I was the greedy one not wanting to spend the money but its more than what I make in a year.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 12:44 AM       
people not haing insurance doesn't drive it up. Your coworkers are idiots. It's people with insurance that are sick and go to the Dr. hat's what drives up the cost.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 12:46 AM       
Oh, and I'm totally sorry that it's that high. I think it must be some mistake. I've never heard of it being that high ever from anyone.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 12:57 AM       
It's not a mistake, that was the first thing I asked, "Is this a mistake?".
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 12:59 AM       
no, no, it's a mistake
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 01:16 AM       
In New York the insurance companies are not allowed to deny coverage to people they feel are high risk but they are allowed to price them out. I'm starting to think that's whats going on.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 02:22 AM       
why are you at high risk?

also, won't the new health reform bills affect this?
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 09:26 AM       
tadao is right with the emergency room jazz. it'd be fine like that if people didn't abuse it so badly and treat the emergency room as their own personal primary care physician and go in for stupid small stuff knowing they can't be denied treatment and that they could get away without paying a dime. kitsa could probably confirm this!

also, the health reform bill/s are no doubt going to affect this - but it'll only make it worse if it hasn't already. things are going to get really bad before they get better, and they wont be better until at least 2015.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 11:43 AM       
If you dont have insurance then the insurance company doesnt have to pay for your ass. That means they dont have to charge more to make up for the money spent on your ass. Ergo your coworkers are morons. That price is stupid high though. Are you a "high risk"?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 12:37 PM       
His coworkers are trying to say that if he doesn't buy insurance, they raise the rate to cover their losses.

W/E
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM       
just like how car insurance is so cheap because we all pay for it

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 01:22 PM       
I doubt that if everyone bought it, the rates would be lowered, much like gas and crisiseses. Once it's up, it stays up. They make a shit ton of profit and look for another excuse to raise it even higher.

I know the emergency room thing is used as an excuse, but I don't see how that effects insurance, I guess maybe the hospitals insurance is through the same people we get our insurance from.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 01:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot View Post
I have recently recieved a qoute from Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield in New York state.

$2,568.71 per month for just me. Thanks assholes, thanks a lot. And don't think for one second that I would fall for that "indemnity" scam, I know that thats not health insurance and no amount of deceitful wording can fool me.

That amount is ridiculous. I pay around $138 with blue cross blue shield for good coverage and a small copay through my work. You should have a few different options though besides blue cross/shield, possibly even Aetna.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 05:42 PM       
well we don't know evil robots circumstances at all. hes clearly not getting health coverage thru a work plan so its obviously going to be way more just because of that

he could be a fat guy with diabetes who smokes 2 packs a day with like the very good likely hood that he will need alot of expensive medical work down the line

not saying you are but i have to assume your one unhealthy individual getting insurances quotes like that
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 05:54 PM       
From everything he's written, I assume it's through work.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 07:01 PM       
I called again today and gave another mailing address in a different county and they came back with $1170 per month. I'm not by any means out of shape but I did tell her that I drink occasionally when she asked. The person I talked to today didn't ask as many questions either. I'm starting to think that the first person just was a stupid bitch.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 11th, 2010, 07:24 PM       
So it's not through work then?