Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 03:02 PM        The New Mars Volta...
...yes, it's the best thing that's come out since their last album...

Check it out...
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 06:01 PM       
i listened to it yesterday.

it goes into a slow and inevitable collapse after the first track as each succeeding one becomes more and more unlistenable.

it's a shame really, because i thought i knew where we were headed after the first one and i was really excited.
this band isnt anything when all the parts arent there and going full out. if the vocals arent there, it's scattered garbage. if the drums arent there, it's noodling. if the guitars arent used full out, it's just plain crap.

which really does make me sad, because i like what they're trying to do.

Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2005, 07:13 PM       
ATDI was better IMO. LOLOMGBBQ. just had more rock and less wine....
:/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 03:17 PM       
It's not produced as well as their first album and they've not focused so much on pop sensibilities (which isn't a bad thing) but in no way is this album "crap".

If you're into emo pop punk this is not you band....if you are into jazz and other complex variations then this IS your band...

Also, if you want EASY listening, pick up Kenny G or Michael Bolton...

"...I said I loved you but I lied..."
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 04:31 PM       

it's exactly the opposite of what i was saying. i dont want easy listening from them, i want something that doesnt sound like wah-wah jerkoff sessions spliced with quasi latino alt-rock. that guy needs to stop trying to sing in spanish, he sounds like gummi worms are coming out of his mouth.

and complex variation is a lame excuse for what is a total fucking jam session in the last part.
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 05:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
quasi latino alt-rock..

Jam Sessions are evil. Musicians that expiriment with more complex song structures are evil. Everything needs to be simple, short and catchy, because Brian Wilson says so...
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 06:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo Adobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez
quasi latino alt-rock..

Jam Sessions are evil. Musicians that expiriment with more complex song structures are evil.
nooo, musicians that try to have more complex song structures but write like shit are evil
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 06:30 PM       
It's frustrating listening to someone who has such a limited understanding of art and creativity..

Musicians with the obvious talent like The Mars Volta would be hard pressed to produce a shitty jam session....a jam session is music in it's purest form and unless you just suck as a musician it's going to be cool no matter what....it's like saying Miles Davis could have a shitty jam session, it's just not going to happen.....and if it ever did, it would never be put out in the first place...

I just don't think you understand what they are doing...

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 06:46 PM       
lol
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 06:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
It's frustrating listening to someone who has such a limited understanding of art and creativity..

Musicians with the obvious talent like The Mars Volta would be hard pressed to produce a shitty jam session....a jam session is music in it's purest form and unless you just suck as a musician it's going to be cool no matter what....it's like saying Miles Davis could have a shitty jam session, it's just not going to happen.....and if it ever did, it would never be put out in the first place...

I just don't think you understand what they are doing...
i dont want to laugh at every post you make but i can't help it. you sound like a slighted tool fan.

though, i did see what they were trying to do. vismund cygnus made that clear, and i was fully ready to accept it and be floored and all other things i wanted out of the rest of this record. but it was not to be, apparently. they had a breakdown and created something i find to be ultimately unfocused, undisciplined, and unexciting, and both of us will have to deal with that without making lame comparisons of this band to miles fucking davis.

you want a good jam? listen to 'agartha'
then listen to 'cassandra'
i dont think you realize what you're saying.

mars volta are proficient musicians, it's just that they cant create 'cassandra gemini' to any succesful extent because ability doesnt carry you all the way to talent.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 11:42 PM       
I found their first album to be boring. Outside of the single, i thought it was unexciting an it was comparable to jerking off for an hour, only i'm not the one having any fun. :-/
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 01:46 PM       
Hey BoBo, I didn't compare The Mars Volta to Miles Davis......maybe you should take another look at what I said....

All I'm saying is that I get what they are doing and I hear everything they are doing and it makes sense to me....

You may not like it but that doesn't mean that these guys aren't taking real steps towards somthing meaningful in music.....

...and I would never say that they were "unfocused, undisciplined, and unexciting" unless I felt like I had created something better....

....have you??? If so, please let me hear it...I'll be you biggest fucking fan.
YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 02:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun

...and I would never say that they were "unfocused, undisciplined, and unexciting" unless I felt like I had created something better....

....have you??? If so, please let me hear it...I'll be you biggest fucking fan.

i dont make music. so i guess i should like every peice of crap that floats my way because if i haven't created something i apparently dont grow ears.

Quote:
Hey BoBo, I didn't compare The Mars Volta to Miles Davis......maybe you should take another look at what I said....
Quote:
Musicians with the obvious talent like The Mars Volta would be hard pressed to produce a shitty jam session....(some crap about purest form of music)....it's like saying Miles Davis could have a shitty jam session,
in summation, volta and miles are alike because they have such talent and musicmanship that they cant make a bad jam session. you're right it's not a comparison, it's actually trying to create a kinship.
and bla bla bla...

Quote:
You may not like it but that doesn't mean that these guys aren't taking real steps towards somthing meaningful in music.....
actually, since i think my opinion is the one that matters to me, i think it does until i can be convinced otherwise.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 8th, 2005, 02:48 PM       
I liked the first album a lot. The second could stand to be produced a little bit better, but again, I thought it was very good. As the mars volta are nowhere near being my musical saviours, I don't have tremendous expectations of them. And this made listening to the new album a pretty good experience. Didn't assume it'd be a masterpiece, didn't assume it would be crap. It wasn't either.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 02:10 PM       
You're exactly right Helm......they produced it themselves..

Some people can't distinguish between bad production and bad songwriting....not that the production was bad, just not as good as when Rick Ruben produced the last album....
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 11:27 AM       
I love it. It's awesome. End of story.