Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 01:14 PM       
"Naldo, why must I constantly point out to you your sin of pride."

I don't know. I never point out yours....

"It's is not up to you in any way shape or form to interpret Proto's or anyone's Christianity. "Judgement is mine" sayeth the LORD."

Good try, Max. I'm not judging Proto. I'm interpreting which is quite different. And I can only base that opinion off of the character he plays here at I-Mockery. For all I know he (who ever he is) could be the biggest Bible thumping Christian this side of Franklin Graham. I'm not damning him to hell.....just stating an opinion.

"Not you, not ever and your opinion on matters like this is just as useless as anyone's except the LORD."

Correct.

"When you say things like that, you sin, and you do it over and over, indicating you have no desire to change."

Prove it. I say it's not a sin. I'm not condemning anyone. I'm just simply stating that he's not a Christian. Just like I would say that you aren't....or Seinfeld.....or The Dali Lama......or..(not to put you in the same class)...Usama and Saddam. Is it wrong to state the obvious? There is no malice involved.

"See, I'm very happy judgeing you, because I am totally NOT a Christian."

See?

"You, on the other hand, should lay off judging anyone becuase your belief system tells you NOT TO."

I'm not. You are wrong.

"And, correct me if I'm wrong here, but based on your interpretation of the man who called People for the American Way and Now "Christ Haters", which is a HUGE leap of judgemennt even for a confirmed PRICK like Fallwell, can I assume that while the shuttle disaster was not God's Vengance, like the Twin Towers it was his failure to protect because we embrace sin?"

No you cannot assume. ....... Actually this is where you lose it because you simply cannot argue objectively. You just run around calling taking people out of context, calling them "priks"........actually, you can have it. Keep doing what you are doing.

"And Mod, according to Naldo's brand of Christianity, unless the Dalai Lamma embraces Jesus s his personal Savior, he will, quiote literally, burn but not be consumed in a lake of fire for all eternity. Why? Becuase God is love, and if you don't buy that, then you should suffer for aall time."

Exactly. Accept Christ or accept eternal solitude......Look, he even made it an easy choice.

It's not like GOD is making choose between a red and blue pill. The choice is clear.

You calling me prideful is a laugh Burbank. Probably one of the funniest things you've ever said. You are way more prideful than I am.....your attitude towards Christ tells all.

Face your convictions and accept Christ.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 04:34 PM       
Naldo; It's one thing to tell people who don't think of themselves as Christian they aren't and something totally other to call Proto, who conciders hiomself to be one not. You know that. To lump him in with Jews, Hindus, Moslems and Agnostics is insulting, arrogant and prideful. But since you admitted your opinion on this is useless, why state it, other than to elevate yourself.

Eternal solitude. Gol' that sounds way better than a lake of fire. Which is it exactly? Cause a God that just gives you eternal solitude, that doesn't sound quite so awful as literal burning without consumption. But maybe that whole lake of fire thing is just a metaphor. Hmmmm.

as to my level of pride, you wouldn't know it if it bled to deatth for you on a cross. A simple test. The Almighty, by it's very nature cannot be understood by the mortal mind. Therefore, it's possible I could be totally wrong about jesus and you totally right. I sincerely hope not, but I admit I cannot comprehend Gods mind. Now make the same statement, in reverse. Maybe Jesus wasn't Christ.

Can't do it? Here's an easier one. Try saying (truthfully) maybe that George Bush is totally pulling the wool over my eyes. Maybe I'm dead wrong and this war against Iraq is based solely on lies and a lot of innocent suffering people will die awful deaths paid for in part by my tax dollars while I stood on the sidelines cheering like a Laker Girl and slept easily.

I'm perfectly willing to say that maybe Bush et al have all the evidence they say they have, that my lack of trust is just the product of paranoia, that war is the only way to go. I mean it, too. The possability I'm wrong plays a very large factor in my reasoning, and I don't sleep so easily. I never come to any conclusion without spending a lot of time thinking about what the other side thinks and what it means if they're right. Doubt is good. That's why Jesus let thomas stick his fingers in His wounds isnead of saying "Gol, if you don't accept me, I guess you go to hell" That's why it took something that viceral and nasty to constitute proof. It might be a metaphor, but it's a good one. Oh, and it can be 'interpreted' more ways than one, if you don't agree with my 'judegment' of the story.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 05:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun
You calling me prideful is a laugh Burbank. Probably one of the funniest things you've ever said. You are way more prideful than I am.....your attitude towards Christ tells all.
Ronnie, this is just observation on the boards, as I've not met you, but I HAVE met Max Burbank...and he displays on these boards FAR more reverence and respect for the TEACHINGS of Christ than the lip service that you have paid him on these boards.

Maybe he doesn't believe Jesus was the son of God, and that's his prerogative (and I respect that and do not believe that condemns him to "everlasting hell")...BUT he certainly displays a better appreciation for and understanding of his teachings around here than you have, in my estimation.
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 06:46 PM       
Jesus was a rockin' rabbi. though something of an extremist. I would hang with him any day. He wouldn't hang with 'Naldo though, on account of him not liking the overly pious. Tax Collectors, Fishermen and whores, baby.
my baby's mama
glowbelly is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 09:54 AM       
even heaven needs whores
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 10:40 AM       
"Eternal solitude"

Wow, man. The political correctness movement has gone too far. Even the fundamentalists are coming up with euphemisms for their own Hell.

Gddamn, that's hilarious.

________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATE PROGRAMS

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 05:20 AM.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 10:54 AM       
Yeah, solitude=Damnation strikes me as more Orwellian than Biblical, but that's just me.

I know, I know, 'Naldo means that being permanently cut off from God's Grace is as bad as prepetual burning, but please recall he is a biblical literalist.

Tell you what. Though I'd hate the idea of being completely cut off from God, think I'd prefer it to roasting for all time.

I bet he thinks that fire thing is a metaphor, though. Even though that would be inconsistent.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 01:16 PM       
I'm shocked at even your ignorance Burbank. Do you not know that the Bible states that hell is eternal and the you, in fact, are in solitude? Me not mentioning the fire doesn't mean anything...so what? Being separate from GOD is much worse than fire. That's the main part of what hell is all about......pity you don't understand....seriously.

"as to my level of pride, you wouldn't know it if it bled to deatth for you on a cross."

Are you implying that Jesus bled to death? If so that's just another ignorant statement since everyone pretty much accepts as common knowledge that being hung on a cross causes you to suffocate.....and the spear in the side only weakened his body and ability to push himself up and sped up the process.

"A simple test. The Almighty, by it's very nature cannot be understood by the mortal mind. Therefore, it's possible I could be totally wrong about jesus and you totally right. I sincerely hope not, but I admit I cannot comprehend Gods mind. Now make the same statement, in reverse. Maybe Jesus wasn't Christ."

You can say "maybe" about anything and everything.

Is this all you have?
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 01:53 PM       
Are you shocked? Seriously? 'Cause I'm more of the impression you're being fatous as a rfesult of your pride.

I imply nothing. You infer all. I didn't say anything about christ, I mixed a metaphor. The expression is "You wouldn't know ----- if it bled to death on your front lawn". The historical cause during crucifiction would depend on the method. A whole lot of people got crucified. Jesus, who you mention and I certainly did not, in all probability died of suffacation because his legs were broken to speed the process. Victims tied to a cross and not nailed, are as likely to die from exposure as from suffacation. Those nailed through the wrist (the commonly depicted hand nails will not hold a man's weight) were likely to bleed to death before suffacation. If it makes you happy, I'll concede that if the biblical depiction of the execution of Jesus is historical and his legs were indeed broken, he almost certainly suffacated. I hope this lengthy discourse on death by crucifiction in some way satisfies whatever part of you it was that thought there was some problem with my statement.

As to your comparison between separation from the divine and the endless experience of third degree burns, perhaps the one will distract you from the other. I hope for your sake God is not petty and human enough to enforce such a penalty.

If you mean, do I have absolute and unshakable faith in anything, than no, I do not. Only a fool defines faith as the lack of doubt. Let me reverse the charge and see if you'll respond, as I just did.

Do you, Naldo, hold any convictions whioch you doubt at all?
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 04:57 PM       
Not concerning Christ.

Death penalty? Yes.

"As to your comparison between separation from the divine and the endless experience of third degree burns, perhaps the one will distract you from the other. I hope for your sake God is not petty and human enough to enforce such a penalty."

There are no distractions in hell. Complete hopeless, miserable solitude.

GOD has to enforce his word, silly. GOD is perfect and cannot tell a lie and that's exactly why I don't have to worry about my spiritual life after I'm through with this one.

You probably think that I'm thinking ......"One day Max you're going face Christ in person and you're going to be sorry and remember what I said".......Not at all. You will only be thinking of all the lost opprotunities that you had to accept Christ. I hop you have a change of heart Max.

Forget everything else I've ever said....this is different.

Serious.
Old Feb 20th, 2003, 08:34 PM       
Thanks, Jack Chick.

You have doubts about the death penalty? Seriously? Lay them out. I qwent to seewhat you going through the process of evaluating something might look like.

On the subject of God enforcing his will... Say, 100 years of damnation, or maybe 1000, oh, heck, 10,000,000 years. What's this eternity business, isn't that a little over the top in the cruelty department, you know, just a little petty and vendictaive and human?
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 08:53 AM       
Hell is a choice, Max.

GOD's reasons are not for me to understand sometimes. I just try to follow GOD's will.

It's hard to give up pride and give in to the will of GOD, as you've demonstrated.
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 10:15 AM       
"It's hard to give up pride and give in to the will of GOD, as you've demonstrated."

A statement utterly without merit and complete projection. I make no claims whatever of even attempting to give into God's Will, something I claim no understanding of and am not at all certain exists in any way the human mind could ever grasp. So, my actions demonstrate nothing whatever in regard to the difficulty of such an attempt.

You, however, claim that while God's Reason is a mystery, his Will is crystal clear and the interpretation of it outside the realm of debate. Since you who are engaged in this effort, it's you who with every failure of pride, mean spiritedness, myopia and attibrution to God your own pinched vengeful views just how difficult the excercise is.
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 01:15 PM       
It's good that you have an opinion.

...and my opinion is that your hatred towards real Christians and the political right has caused you to be bitter and mean spirited.

What else is there to say?

"Get well soon"?
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 04:48 PM       
Real Christians. That says it all, right there. You can't let God separate the Goats and the Sheep, can you? You just need to jump in and do it for Him.

If 'real' Christians are those who think God would create the myrical of life simply to test obediance and punish those who fail for eternity and find this God worthy of worship, then absolutely, I hate them. If 'real' Christians think all God demands is allegiance and beyond that tolerates cruelty and meaness and war as a team sport, then yes, I hate them. I hate Him too, but I'm fairly certain he doesn't exist in that form and if he does I want nothing to do with Him and Hell is where I belong. The comapny will be better there.

As far as the Conservative Right goes, I hope they bring butter and plungers to the pearly gates, because there's a needle right in front of it.

Bitter? About some things. Mean spirited? Hardly ever. What can I say, It's a quality you personally bring out in me, Nalds. You'd like to think I share it around with your fellow conservatives, but it's pretty much just for you.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 05:41 PM       
Entry: analyze
Function: verb
Definition: examine
Synonyms: assay, chew over, confab, consider, estimate, evaluate, figure, figure out, hash, inspect, interpret, investigate, judge, kick around, rehash, resolve, scrutinize, sort out, spell out, study, talk game, test, think through
Antonyms: ignore, neglect, overlook, pass over, pay no heed to
Concept: examination
Source: Roget's Interactive Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.0)
Copyright © 2003 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
Old Feb 21st, 2003, 05:43 PM       
Thanks.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:54 AM       
My take on the whole thing is that Falwell and Robertson don't care what you believe, they are trying to tell us, Americans as a whole, that we are sinners, and I agree. No one's perfect. However, my problem with it is that at a time when the world should've (rightly so) been in mourning, we have oppotunistic weasels advancing their own agendas. Let the homosexuals and secular people of the world live with it, and if they do die and end up getting on The Big Guy's bad side, that's THEIR problem.

Being atheist myself, it's hard to NOT put this in a way that's not touchy, but here goes anyway:

I believe that everyone should be able to live how they want (WITHIN REASON, I DO NOT ADVOCATE MURDER, PEDOPHILIA OR THE LIKE) and LET LIVE. My beef with the religious right has been their nagging fixation on living people's lives for them. Jesus Saves. Well, what if we CHOOSE not to be saved? God did give us FREE WILL, after all. I respect people that are religious, if you believe in God, well good! I'm not being sarcastic, some people choose to have religion in their lives, I'm not God, I won't take that from you. But the fanatics like Falwell and Robertson bother me. People who call me a baby killer because I'm pro-choice. Well, I'm not the one pulling an unborn baby out of the womb. I'm not the teenage mother who's getting her unborn baby "removed at convenience" because "Daddy will get mad". I believe that ultimately, whether I agree with it or not, IT'S NOT MY CHOICE TO MAKE, THEREFORE IT'S NOT MY RIGHT TO CONDEMN SUCH A PERSON FROM MAKING THAT CHOICE.

Falwell and Robertson are doing NOTHING more than advancing their own agenda. THEY hate homosexuals, THEY hate the secular.. if this was GOD'S beef, wouldn't Afghanistan be suffering 10 okagues by now? (Because the first commandment basically says that God hates competition). I know this isn't true but let me use the stereotype anyway.. If God had that big a beef (before they die) with homosexuals, wouldn't Greece be wiped off the map Noah's Ark style, or at least like he took out Sodom? (and again, I'm just using an example, I am smart enough to know that Greece is not filled to the borders with homosexuals). Falwell and Robertson have a problem with these people, being bigoted as they are, and they are trying to use God as a tool to scare the deviants.

People need to stop taking their religion into battle. Good God.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 03:32 AM       
im sorry, i was under the impression that nobody gives a fuck what your take on ANY situation is.

did anybody see al sharpton addressing the democratic national convention? aside from blaming republicans for everything from 9/11 to AIDS, he accused bush of trying to merge church and state....the irony....the hypocrisy....
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 09:31 AM       
Eye tie, your point being?

Both parties are rife with the sort of opportunistic crapola Sharpton is famous for, although admittedly he represents the edge of the envelope. He has fine company in Trent Lott and Coble (or however one spells his name) the representatibve heading the Judiciary commitee for homeland security who thinks internment camps are a good idea.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 12:59 PM       
no point, i just hate the guy...
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 01:32 PM       
I don't care much for him either.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 06:21 PM       
::gives you your two cents back:: You can keep it. It wasn't worth it. Thanks for playing!
Legislacerator
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 06:55 PM       
::tries to put actions into words and only comes off sounding really gay::

i dont recall giving you my two cents, i believe i was telling you how it is.
Asspunch McGruf
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 07:06 PM       
And I believe if I had asked, I would've asked someone that could handle even a rudimentary grasp on reality.

Anything else? You bore me.