Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 09:10 AM       

I know shit-all about Guild Wars, but this thread is hilarious. I would buy the game but everyone looks so far ahead I'd never catch up.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 11:30 AM       
The game only goes up to level 20, and you can START at that level, according to Chojin.

You know, because working for things is for faggots.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 02:22 PM       
I consider that a pro for this game. I don't mind working for something, but playing a video game for a fucking year before you can compete with shitheads who played the game 80 hours/week for a month straight is something else.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 03:19 PM       
They could've used the Diablo II method where you can get to level 70 in a matter of hours if you've got a good friend.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 04:49 PM       

behold the army of the undead :o

personal record

before joining vets i played flute in a post hardcore emo band

chojin vs. eggyolk

the banning of chugs

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 11:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
The game only goes up to level 20, and you can START at that level, according to Chojin.

You know, because working for things is for faggots.
You can start at level 20, but you won't have any skills. You unlock skills (spells, etc.) by playing through the story and learning them with your character. The best armor in the game (stat-wise) isn't hard to get, but there are really expensive and hard-to-find armors that - while having the same stats as the aforementioned armor - Look different and offer prestiege to someone willing to waste their lives on the game. Finally, PVP-only characters can't go to the Fissure Of Woe or Underworld to get some of the best weapons and items in the game. There's essentially 2 games here, a diablo-esque one and a sort of team deathmatch in medieval style.

But in general, a character that you build up from 1 will be better than a level 20 pvp-only character, because you unlock skills, weapon components, and runes. These characters can also look very different, as there are limited armor and color options for pvp-only characters. The hype for the game from the developers is that it's a game "meant to be enjoyed, not endured." I believe it lives up to it, and gives you something to work for with your story characters - When you get to level 20 and get ascension armor, then you move onto the completely different PVP game, or build up more characters to unlock more stuff for PVP.

PVP itself is more strategy-based than 'work for 2 months at making a character that you can then basically leave on its own to kill people.' Working through story mode and spending weeks getting the best items will certainly give you an edge over people who just get the skills they want and then make Level 20 PVP-Only chars, but if they're smart, they can still take you downtown to Chinatown. The game rewards dedication to it differently than MMOs, and in a fashion that doesn't ruin it for everyone else. For the casual gamers who make up 99% of the game's player base, that is a very good thing.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 11:20 PM       
It isn't interesting to ramble on about the game's plot or game schematics in the least, Chojin. :/
Mocker
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 11:22 PM       
I think I'm gonna try it.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2005, 11:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
It isn't interesting to ramble on about the game's plot or game schematics in the least, Chojin. :/
I need more people here to buy it cause all the ones already there are idiots :<
was never good
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 12:33 AM       

HEAVEN OR HELL.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 12:41 AM       
I'm probably going to get this game tomorrow. How do I join [vets]? :<
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 02:35 AM       
you don't act like an idiot. So whereas Emu, you're not my favourite guy in the whole wide world ( sorry ) I'm pretty sure after level 10ish or so, you'll be fine in VETS

Ziggy of course if he tries it, is in at level 1 because he's awesome.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 06:38 AM       
i bought this game last month and haven't been on it in about as long
was never good
Old Jul 1st, 2005, 04:23 PM       
Yeah if anyone wants in, just let me know or something ;< Hit N and add Pop N Ko to friends in the game, and when you see me on, send me a whisper. Or PM me and COORDINATE.
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:35 AM       
i got the game doods :<

what kind of classes does [vets] need? i notice you've already got like 8 necromancers
was never good
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 03:09 AM       
I don't think we have any ranger or mesmer primaries. Mesmer is way more useful. We all have alts that are at various levels, though - I have a monk primary alt and a mesmer primary alt. (The latter still in pre-searing)

And I need your character's name to send an invite.
was never good
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 07:43 AM       
This post won't be too funny, guys.

THE BLAIR ASCALON PROJECT

MEET BRIGIT VAREKAI (Get it? Get it?), MY NEW MESMER.

THIS IS SOMETHING OF A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT TO SEE HOW MANY TIMES I CAN BE CALLED ****** WITHIN A WEEK.

FETCHING.

SECOND-HAND. (You can make brown dye by mixing complementary colors)

haha, indeed, me.

So we ran into this dude in a pre-searing international district. We were the only people in town and he starts shouting how everyone in the area should join his guild.

That's the guy.

RUN ALL YOU (U) WANT, BUT YOU (U) CANNOT HIDE FROM A VET AM I RIGHT (RITE)

HAHAHAHA IT LOOKS LIKE THAT GUY IS GIVING THAT OTHER GUY HEAD HAHAHA WHAT A WORLD HAHAHBANG

Current count: 1
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 12:26 PM       
I made a Mesmer. My SN is "Ike Mesmer" because originality just courses through my blood.

Who identifies items? :o
was never good
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 05:49 PM       
Anyone with an identify kit, which you can buy from the merchant.

You have a guild invite waiting, hit G to look at it.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM       
since when did everyone cool play this?
Level 29 ♂
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 12:40 AM       
since always, my good man
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 12:52 AM       
you know what this means, Ninjavenom?
was never good
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 04:20 AM       
Ziggy joined today :o
Mocker
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 07:21 AM       
Yeah, kinda hard not to at least give it a try with there being no monthly fee and all.
was never good
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:04 AM       

LONESTAR!

Finally got my Butterfly-sword equivalent from this nice man in town (we actually chatted for a bit about this and that and he might be coming here to look at the pretty pictures).

It won't let me dye the hilt silver ;_;