Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: How should we handle voting on the Mock Wars?
All registered participants & voters can vote (current system) 15 62.50%
I-Mockery staff votes 1 4.17%
Panel of judges - Half I-Mockery staff, Half forum representatives 7 29.17%
Something else 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LET'S GET IT ON
Mock Wars Admin is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:49 PM        Mock Wars Voting
We'd like to revamp the way that voting is done in the Mock Wars, both to speed up the process and to make sure no-one feels 'cheated'. While the latter is more or less impossible, vote for your favorite option and/or let us know how you'd conduct serious i-mockery voting business in this thread.

All registered participants & voters can vote (current system)
This is the way we've been running things and tends to get the most information out of people about why they voted the way they did. However, that's what the Mock Wars Commentary thread is for (although it was barely used this year for some reason), and there's the risk that it makes the tournament into a popularity contest. The number of votes we get is also always an unknown and will probably be far smaller and therefore at risk of inaccurately declaring winners during the Mock Wars Season.

I-Mockery staff votes
This way the voting is based entirely on quality. The risk here is that competitors whose humor 'eludes' the i-mockery cabal but 'jives' with the forum members would be discounted.

Panel of judges - Half I-Mockery staff, Half forum representatives
In this method, half of the votes would go to i-mockery staff, and the other half would go to members of the forum democratically elected by other members of the forum for this purpose. The risk here is that it could overcomplicate things.

Something else
If you've got a better idea or want to expand on an idea here, do so in this thread.

Last edited by Chojin : Apr 3rd, 2007 at 07:26 PM.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 06:52 PM       
If you picked 'something else', do go on and explain what 'something else' is. Fargot.

Also I accidentally voted as Mock Wars Admin, shut up.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:07 PM       
The something else was letting JUST ME vote.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM       
Shit, I forgot to include "HILARIOUS EXTRA OPTION SO IDIOTS WON'T BE TEMPTED TO MAKE A RANDOM SELECTION".
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:21 PM       
I thought that the panel would be a good idea at first but now that I think about it, I think it gives too much free reign for people to blame others for voting one way or another.

in the current system, every given person is responsible for voting and explaining why the voted the way they did. And for the most part people do a pretty good job trying to validate why they voted for one person over another.

I think the issue of the mockwars being a popularity contest could be applied to any aspect of the process.
was never good
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:23 PM       
I probably should have mentioned it above (and I will now), but my main concern with method #1 is that I don't think we'll get a lot of voters during the season.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:35 PM       
Honestly, I don't think there'll be a shortage of voters. There always seems to be more than enough people willing to participate in this kind of thing at any given time.

That was very funny. Well done.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:46 PM       
I wasn't being RANDOM, I think I am perfect for the job. Or maybe YOU should do it since you WIN all the time.

I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 07:51 PM       
Ouch, gadzooks one could almost feel that sting through their modems.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 11:34 PM       
I'd say either everybody votes or just the staff only. Not crazy about the half 'n half idea...
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 12:36 AM       
It ain't broke, so let's not try and fix it. I like how it is now, where everyone who wants to vote can have their say.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:43 AM       
I'm for leaving voting the way it is. The voting for me and the Mockwarrior was damned close, and I prefer it that way. I think having less people voting would make it less entertaining, and I'm positive that it would lead to much bitching.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 02:48 PM       
Voting works fine the way it is.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 03:23 PM       
I also like the idea of a panel of judges, and I was thinking there could be something where there's a regular panel of judges, but there's also main voting, where the real votes are usually the popular opinion vote, but where there's a tie or something extreeeemely close, there's a small panel of 5 judges to tiebreak.
Fun haver
Max Radical is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2007, 10:47 PM       
I'm with the majority on "The way things are rocks", and you can reserve the option to change things/re-poll if your fears of a deserted vote wasteland come to pass.
Closed Thread