Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:43 PM        claymation!
Since you already know what my favorite brand of toothpaste is (Water), I figured instead I'd share some Art Shit.

I have no idea if these are any good, but I enjoy sculpting a lot, it's relaxing.

Kablammo.

Pow.

Ping.

Gurk.

Snapple.

Comments welcome; feel free to say if it sucks, or it's good, or what could be changed to make it suck more. I'm between projects at the moment, so I have no idea what's next. Probably something simple. The last one took three years.
Banned

Pram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram MavenPram Maven is probably Pram Maven
Old May 11th, 2011, 01:45 PM       
Oh, and feel free to make fun of them.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM       
Those are okay.
Banned

Old May 21st, 2011, 10:46 AM       
Thanks, Fathom Zero. I'm not quite pro yet. The stuff the masters did in the 80's smashes anything I can do. Even so, it's a lot of fun and really challenging. Seeing puppets move by themselves never gets old. Do you like stop motion?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2011, 12:54 PM       
I'm going to make a stop motion video with your corpse.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:00 PM       
Not in Art Shit. Take it to GB.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old May 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM       
PS This doesn't mean I like you Pram.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 21st, 2011, 04:58 PM       
These don't suck.
You may already be there.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old May 21st, 2011, 10:56 PM       
I'd say it's decent for hobbyist quality, but for professional work, you would need a lot more patience and way better materials.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2011, 05:23 AM       
I admit i would be curious to see what animation he would do with them.

Give us a 10 second sample vid so we know what you are doing with the characters i say
Banned

Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:34 AM       
I have to admit it was hard to come back in here (mainly because I made the password a bunch of gibberish as an incentive not to) but when I saw that you took the time out of your day to comment on this thread, I felt I owed you some answers.

MLE- I agree, oil-based clay is really hard to work with especially when you're doing noir lighting with deep shadows. It just shows every flaw on a DSLR. It was my first time ever shooting with one, and it was kind of like starting over- I didn't feel like I knew anything, and was intimidated by the high pixel count and general workflow. Also, I'm sorry for peeing on your forehead.

Pentegarn- The film these characters is from is finished, I've just held off from showing it online because the plan was to submit it some festivals. There used to be lots of clips from different parts of it, but they're gone now. I kind of freaked out and got rid of that stuff. The Raisins made a huge impression on me, for sure. Those TV specials are still my favorite films using the technique. It's kinda cool, I got lots of advice and tips from the masters of this stuff while I was making this, and they've actually seen the film. It was like coming full circle. I only wish I could throw it up on the big screen. That's always been a childhood dream, something I'll just keep working towards until I get my face bashed in. Then I'll heal in the hospital, and keep going with it when I'm awake again.

Colonel Flagg- Thanks, man. Always learning. If Tadao doesn't beat me to death I'll make him his own clay puppet. If he beats me half to death, the puppet won't come out very good looking.

Tadao- (avoids eye contact) I'd think you'd have trouble posing me because of the rigor mortis, but if I ever die of natural causes, you're welcome to try. Seems like it would be more fun than donating my body to medical science. Also, I hear you sculpt... Is there something up somewhere I can look at? I like all kinds of sculpture.
Banned

Old May 22nd, 2011, 11:37 AM       
Also, hope you don't mind- but I'm posing under my real name because it reminds me to behave myself. I'm so used to the 'Maven attitude that I just go right into character every time I see the name. After 16 years, I'm really sick of that guy.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2011, 01:10 PM       
the entire movie is RIGHT THERE on his blogspot, Pent
Banned

Old May 23rd, 2011, 08:23 PM       
Yeah; critiques are welcome. I know it's not perfect, but have you ever coated large surfaces with modeling clay and left them up for three years? All clay animators are crazy. You're dealing with dust, dirt, hair, dead skin...Anything and everything that would stick to clay...Then you've got the toxic chemicals like glues, solvents, and epoxies which are used in the creation of the puppets and sets.... Sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes just to shoot a single frame because of all the re-sculpting that has to be done, to say nothing of the time it takes to rig and glue things down so they won't move while you're reaching in to change one tiny little thing without bumping anything else in the tight little space.
Banned

Old May 29th, 2011, 10:32 AM       
Anyway, thanks for the kind words, everyone. I'm not sure what to animate next... I'm still trying to open this package of Pop Tarts.