Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 10:54 AM        FITZGERALD INDICTMENT BETTING POOL
Okay, I'm saying that later today Scooter and Karl both get indicted. Chenney does NOT get indicted, (for obstruction of justice) but Scooters indictment will show Chenney told and scooter lied about it and Chenney let him lie about it, so Chenney will be deeply compromised.

Secondary betting pool: Resignations and when. This is a much longer shot. W only said he'll boot people convicted of criminal activity. I'm thinkng Scooter will step down, but Karl will not initially do so, refusing comment about an ongoing investigation and waiting to see how large the public outcry will be.

Prediction: This is going to uncork a mega can of worms as its all tied directly to how the Bush administration built it's case for war. I don't think anyone really thinks the whole case was soid anymore, but the question becomes incompetence or actual, deliberate lies. IF the democrats can actually mount credible mid term election campaigns (a mighty big if) and take back one house (an even bigger if) then the stage is set for a full Nixon style melt down.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:01 AM       
I think any charges that get thrown out there will be for obstruction of justice, rather than anything really regarding leaks and espionage.

So they get a slap on the wrist for being uncooperative. Is that the most you want from the most super corruptest White House ever...?

I think you're right about Scooter and Rove.

I think Scooter will resign. Not sure about Karl.

I think you're totally off about the "can of worms" thing. If anything, this procedural little cleansing will eventually kill the issue in the press, and nobody will use the phrase "WMD" ever again.

Baalzamon is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:11 AM       
I think Scooter will get indicted and probably resign.
I dont expect Rove to get indicted.

After Scooter resigns, cheney will replace him, and nobody will care anymore.

And no, the democrats will not run a credible campaign, though they might win a few more seats by default on account of the republicans being so blatantly evil.

In the end the democrats will not be able to take back either house, and even if they did it would be by a small margin.

Even with complete controll of both houses they are too spineless to pursue this further so it would make no difference.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:38 AM       
I wIsh I didn't think you were right.

Kev, Fitzgerald must have been talking to the Italians and looking at the Niger documents for some reason. Those documents may be the catalyst for the leak, but beyond that they aren't the issue.