Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Forum Virgin
TIFunkalicious is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 06:14 AM        My first bowl of Boo Berry Cereal
I've been reading I-Mockery for a long time. Every halloween season, some sort of nod seems to be given to Boo Berry cereal. While I know it exists, I've never tried it because it isn't widely available in Omaha Nebraska, not even in Wal-Mart! But today was different, the seasonal aisle is decked out with candy, treats, some decorations, and -gasp- BOO BERRY! I pick up two boxes, mosey over to the dairy and get a half gallon of skim, and a mountain dew (because I can't seem to leave stores these days without one, my diet which I am bending over and breaking today allows some diet soda, and ultra violet is just good enough!) This is at 4:17 AM. Weathering the cashier's private thoughts that I am seriously toking and likely a danger to those around me, I pay and leave confidently.

I am back at my mom's house because she is on company vacation and I am responsible for feeding the cats, it's closer than my college dorm anyways. I set aside the week old newspaper on the counter and create a neat little area for my feast, I lay a mat, place a bowl in the center, a big soup spoon (I REALLY like cereal) on the side, and a tall glass de leche.

4:28 AM I open my first box of Boo Berry, I take a whiff as the plastic makes its first but find there's not much to smell. A tad disappointing, but perhaps it's hiding its best merits? Like a rattlesnake poised to attack? I pour cereal in first, milk second. I find it is more efficient because you do not end up with a disproportion of cereal-milk. The ghastly crunches and marshmallows swell to the top like the breasts of a sleeping beauty.

OH MY GOD. This shit is DELICIOUS. I love the crunch/mallow style of cereal because the marshmallows add a medium amount of sweet to each bite, which means I can stand to eat more, but occasionally end up a gaggy surplus on the spoon. But Boo Berry is uniformly a mild sweet! Every bite is fantastic. In true American style, I have the spoon loaded and ready before I'm done chewing the last bit.

By 4:43 AM I have finished my 4th bowl and put what's left of box 1 away. 4 was it? I only remember 3, but it doesn't match up to what is gone from the box. I must have entered some sort of blissful Boo Berry trance. I plan to cut off the cover of the box and tape it up in my room. It was that good. Lucky charms have long been the Omega of cereals for me, but now it has a great contender!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 06:16 AM       
I think I like Frankenberry better, but yeah, Boo Berry is pretty good.

The old TMNT cereal I think was the crown champion of cereals, but I remember it being something like 90% marshmallows.

Boo Berry is something that I think could sell year-round if General-Mills would just market it.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 06:36 AM       
cerious business
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM       
lucky charms used to be my favorite as a kid. Nowadays its just cornflakes and bran
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:34 AM       
a note: if you eat lots of bowls in one day, prepare for green poop.

I'm a Frankenberry gal myself:

But Boo Berry is good too.

You can make krispie treats out of them just like any other cereal:

Forum Virgin
TIFunkalicious is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:52 AM       
Whoa I gotta try that
Esq.
stevetothepast is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
cerious business

I cannot get boo berry or frankenberry either. Count chocula is about as close as it gets round here.

I've always wanted to try a bowl of both.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 07:59 AM       
It's rare to find BooBerry here, I'm always surprised.

Last year there was a Frankenberry shortage in these parts. I griped, and my mother-in-law sent me a case of it. I mean, an entire case. Hence the Frankenberry fort.

You should see the look on kids' faces when you give boxes of Frankenberry away for trick-or-treat.

Last edited by Kitsa : Oct 2nd, 2009 at 08:39 AM.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 08:15 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFunkalicious View Post
4:28 AM I open my first box of Boo Berry
By 4:43 AM I have finished my 4th bowl
damn, dude, slow down.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM       
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:35 PM       
Please Kitsa, send me some of those rice krispie treats.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:45 PM       
Those are from last year and would probably be quite stale by now.

I just made regular rice krispie treats and swapped out frankenberry, it's easy enough.

I tried pure frankenberry but it was too sweet and set up too hard.
Amicable Herculean
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 09:51 PM       
I'm not from the 80s, so maybe someone can fill me in: were the marshmallows in cereals any different back then? They seem really crappy now.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:02 PM       
i think the only marshmallows i remember being good were the ones in fruity marshmallow (rice) krispies
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:03 PM       
Amicable Herculean
Old Oct 2nd, 2009, 11:45 PM       
That announcer's accent cracked me up
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 10:41 PM       
I lost my Boo Berry virginity today. Basically it's exactly like if you took some Trix and Lucky Charms marshmallows and mixed them together. If you gave me a bowl of that and Boo Berry and blindfolded me I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

It's good, though, and since it is an I-Mockery favorite I feel empowered by my act of consumption. It also turned my milk blue, and that's awesome.

I still think Captain Crunch, Kix, and Honey Nut Cheerios are a three-way tie for the title of godliest cereal.
teacup of sunshine
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 10:58 PM       
If I had my eyes closed, I would probably not be able to tell boo berry and frankenberry apart very well. I guess frankenberry's got slightly more tang to it.

perpetual kid's got a clearance sale going on boo berry lip balm right now. Saw it earlier.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Oct 3rd, 2009, 11:32 PM       
I gots to get me some of this.... I've forgotten what it tastes like.
But then, after all the cranial trauma I've endured, I can't hardly remember my friends' names.
Forum Virgin
dymphnawolf is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 01:21 AM       
You're lucky. I don't think the stores around here ever carried Booberry or Frankenberry, and it seems that they've stopped carrying Count Chocula too. It's almost as bad as the fact that you can't get 2 litre bottles of Dr. Pepper here any more either *sob*
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 01:35 AM       
Just so you guys know, pretty much all Target stores in the nation have Boo Berry in stock now. But they don't usually keep it in the cereal aisle, they keep it on the end caps near the front check out counters.

Pretty much the same exact boxes from last year with the cheesy cut-out poster on the back - only they made the poster smaller to make room for some nutritional benefits verbiage.

Nutritional benefits.

And Kitsa, now I want to make a batch of Boo Berry krispie treats soooo bad. :O
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 12:48 PM       
Ok, so I was eating it wrong earlier.

It actually tastes better and is way more fun to eat if you let it sit in the milk for a while and get soggy. Every little ghosty bit is like a delicious, crunchy sponge.
Amicable Herculean
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM       
Soggy cereal
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM       
People who won't eat soggy cereal are the same kinds of people who pay attention to celebrity news and watch Will and Grace

And say, "I listen to everything, except rap and country! I hate all country except Johnny Cash!"
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 04:18 PM       
Or maybe they just aren't used to eating food that has the same consistency as their own feces.