Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 09:30 AM        Because Iran's Nuclear threat wasn't provocative enough...
TEHRAN, Iran -
Iran's hard-line president called for
Israel to be "wiped off the map" and said a new wave of Palestinian attacks will destroy the Jewish state, state-run media reported Wednesday.

Can someone please tell the Iranians that a massive pre-emptive strike is just the kind of distraction the Bush administration would love right now? What the fuck? I mean, I understand the Arab fundamentalist states being less than chummy with Israel, but is their something I'm missing that calls for a renewed public commitment to it's destruction?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:03 AM       
Maybe they want to be attacked by the US so that we'll be denounced for both attacking Arabs, AND defending Israel. A political double-whammy.

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 11:06 AM       
This jerkoff knows that we aren't in good shape militarily or politically to invade his country right now.

Chavez says this kind of shit every day, it's just that nobody cares because he's virtually powerless (outide of the oil).

I hope this moron keeps screaming and ranting like this. I don't think the Iranian people will stand for it too long....
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 02:55 PM       
BERLIN (Reuters) -
Iran is permitting around 25 high-ranking al Qaeda members to roam free in the country's capital, including three sons of
Osama bin Laden, a German monthly magazine reported on Wednesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Citing information from unnamed Western intelligence sources, the magazine Cicero said in a preview of an article appearing in its November edition that the individuals in question are from Egypt, Uzbekistan, Saudi Arabia and Europe.

They are living in houses belonging to Iran's Revolutionary Guards, the report said.

Boy, talk about Cocky! It's like theya re begging to be bombed. Of course, the german publication is sighting western intelligence, so there's no way at all to know if it's even slightly true or is just our crack VP's office of circumventing the State Department and CIA making shit up to lay the groundwork for a nice, distracting little bombing campaign.

Baalzamon is probably a spambot
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 03:01 PM       
This is the perfect time for them to make noise, because the more outrageous they get the more embarrassing it is for the US.

Hell, they could probably parade Bin'laden himself around their capital right now and the most the'd get is a bombing campaign, if that.

The US cant do fuck all about them, and they are loving it
Mocker
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 03:32 PM       
Oh, there's an awful lot we could do, but nobody is even going to say it.

Again, we already have one politically unpopular war going on.

But this is annoying.
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 03:34 PM       
See, I think that is a tactical error. Becuase LOGICALLY the US SHOULDN'T do anything. But these guys aren't ogical, or strategic, or realistic or any of the things that might lead them to decide they can't do shit about Iraq.

You don't fuck with a wounded bear, and that's what this administration is. War made the poll numbers go up before, maybe it will work again. I don't see a full scale invasion, but some serious bombing seems very likely to me.
Mocker
Old Oct 26th, 2005, 04:27 PM       
The French foreign ambassador is apparently demanding that one of their reps. get to Paris ASAP and explain the situation (the Israel comment).

I know I'll get screamed at for it, but I am happy with that. They seem better at talking to Iran than we are. :/

I don't think the comment will lead to war or bombings, but it may be simply a piece of something down the road. I think the stuff about Al Qaeda roaming the streets is alarming, but it may have intentionally been leaked (WORD OF THE DAY! AHHH!! AHHH!) as a reponse to the stupid Israel comment.