Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2003, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorak790
the computer game of A&A ruined the game. it revealed the games formulaic nature and made it so every game was the same. There was no more strategy jsuy makign the same moves every time. Axis would turtle up and allies (US) would shuck shuck them to death.
I never played the computer game, I heard it sucked ass. But I still manage to play games with my friends that turn out differently every time.

And they have two really nice expansions, one dealing solely with the European front and the other dealing with the Pacific.

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 02:12 AM       
Those are kick ass, there is even a way you can put both of those together for the granddaddy of A&A games, takes fucking forever to play though.
Sketch33 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 05:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesman
And I would kill to actually have friends that enjoyed these kinds of games.
How's this for irony. I have HeroQuest. When I was in the Air Force a group of us from our shop would get together each weekend for all night marathon sessions of the game. We played through the booklet that came with the game and started making our own adventures. It's amazing that it was Milton Bradley that came up with this game, and that fact alone made it take a lot of convincing to get them to play it. Once they played though, they were hooked.

I would kill to have the time to learn enough programming to recreate the game on the computer. I know they made it for the PC a long time ago, but it played like crap.

Now, the REAL ironic part. About a year ago I showed Xandor and my son how to play it, and they are both addicted to it as well.

The paint is wearing off of the elf in spots, allowing the red plastic to show through. Later, if anyone wishes, I'll post pics of the barbarian, wizard and the gargoyle. That's all of the figures I painted because I didn't have the time to do the rest, and now my eyes just aren't sharp enough.

Have you ever played 'Talisman'. or 'Dungeon Quest' by Games Workshop? And does anyone reading this have 'Chainsaw Warrior', also by Games Workshop, that they are willing to sell?

edited: added photos and some text.

Milkman Dan is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 10:33 PM       
Fireball Island. That game kicked ass! With the giant plastic island board and that cool head thingy that would spit the marble fireballs down the paths to kill your players. Damn I wish I still had that!

Or that crazy battleship game. The one where you were a little submarine that shot like checkers at giant battleships that would blow off their gun turrets. That game was like a cross between Crossfire and Battleship.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:25 PM       
I loved Enchanted Forest. You had to lift the bottom of these tree-tokens to find the hidden treasure. The board was beautifully illustrated.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:26 PM       
Whoops. Posted twice.
Mocker
Cap'n Crunch is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2003, 10:33 PM       
Did anyone ever play that huge checkers game. It was a mat that spread across the floor and you had these goddamn checkers that were as big as CDs. If you lost you threw them at people and then got arrested.

HyperDingo is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2003, 10:06 PM       
Mouse trap!!!!! heheheh setting up the crazy contraption.

EatTheChildren is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2003, 10:46 AM       
My dad and I used to play a game called Dark World. It is kinda like stuff by Games Workshop. We never did paint the figures. I have it in my closet but no one likes to play with me...

Dark World and the Beakman's World board game get my vote.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:40 PM       
BattleShip fuckin rocked. And this game called Quick Sand. stratigo was the best though.

puke511 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2003, 12:15 AM       
definitely clue. I love playing this game, even though it doesnt take very long to play... but battleship is also very good.

MK IV is probably a spambot
Old Jun 13th, 2003, 06:26 AM       
Snakes and ladders.....!
LeChuck is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:21 AM       
I second the votes for Fireball Island and Mouse Trap.

Some other old favorites ..
-- Donkey Kong
-- Frogger
-- Operation
-- I Vant to Bite Your Finger
-- That one where you made fast-food burgers using little plastic buns, lettuce, meat, etc .. ??
-- Gotcha (the one with the ball and chain/handcuff)

LeChuck
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 10:24 AM       
Does anyone remember some game that was basically like hungry hungry hippos, except instead of hippos there were two big clown bodies on each side of the ring? And you could control their hands from behind to scoop up the marbles and drop them in their mouths?

I've been trying for a couple months to remember what that was called (!) .. any help would be appreciated

LeChuck

pickleninja is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 07:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malevolent
Candyland is quite cool too, though. Queen Frostine is fuckin' hot!

I always used to set the cards up so I get Queen Frostine on my first turn.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2003, 08:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck
Some other old favorites ..
-- Donkey Kong
-- Frogger
-- Operation
-- I Vant to Bite Your Finger
-- That one where you made fast-food burgers using little plastic buns, lettuce, meat, etc .. ??
-- Gotcha (the one with the ball and chain/handcuff)
Do you even know what a fucking board game is?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 12:47 AM       
Quote:
Do you even know what a fucking board game is?
If you want to be picky and only count ones that literally used flat board surfaces, then disregard a couple of those, and probably a few more in this thread.

The rest should qualify .. (and no, the first two aren't the video games).

LeChuck

p.s. go eat your sausage you l33t ph3w1
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 02:32 AM       
Operation is the only game on your list that's not a video game. NOBODY here mentioned video games.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 08:22 AM       
Horror House!

I can't find this thing ANYWHERE! You had a big board which had a maze of rooms with shortcuts and stuff, and everytime you entered a room, you had a "fight" - by stabbing a plastic sword into the big plastic mountain feature in the centre of the board. If you won, you heard a scream, if you lost, you heard some evil Mwahahahah! laughing, and if you drew you heard some crap clashing of swords. Winning gave you shortcuts and bonuses, losing had lots of nasty repercussions like moving back a room or taking a longer route. Best of all, the reverse side of the board had lots of cool monsters on the back - the one I remember best was the doll, who came alive at night and attacked the other toys!

They don't make games like that any more
Old Jul 25th, 2003, 09:51 AM       
Quote:
Operation is the only game on your list that's not a video game. NOBODY here mentioned video games.
And once again, I am not referring to video games (Donkey Kong and Frogger were obviously based on video games, but that's it). If you don't remember the BOARD games in question, how about shoving off and trying to flame elsewhere?

LeChuck

p.s. please give me a URL to more information on the "I Vant To Bite Your Finger" video game, since it obviously exists. thx d00d