Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 07:34 PM       
No, Chojin, with all the money you would have, you would always buy stuff and the economy would go up, up, UP!

Of course... there are an awful lot of people who don't like paying taxes and would refuse to buy any more than they had to, and would probably buy even less, just so they could save their money... OH, IT MAKES MY HEAD HURT!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Of course... there are an awful lot of people who don't like paying taxes and would refuse to buy any more than they had to, and would probably buy even less, just so they could save their money... OH, IT MAKES MY HEAD HURT!
You're absolutely right, Chimp. I had the misfortune of working in retail for quite a few years, and in New York, we used to have a 7% sales tax on items. People were outraged, so they ditched it, but every County had the option of maintaining one. Mt County left one at 3%, and people STILL bitched like they were being oppressed.

What are the proponents of a broad sales-tax over income taxation suggesting, 12%? 13%?? HA! Try selling that to people, no pun intended.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:11 PM       
Are you all fucking naive or just really, REALLY stupid!

Taxes have increased from the average family paying 2% in 1948 to 25% of your income in TAXES! WE PAY 1/4 OF OUR FUCKING MONEY IN INCOME TAXES! I guess that doesn't mean much to anyone. It does to me.

Look at the welfare system we have in America. It sucks. Big time. We have created a society of dumbass kids that don't want to work! I hate supporting those who do not want to work. IF you are on welfare, you BEST GET A FUCKING JOB IF YOU ARE ABLE AND DO SOMETHING TO BENEFIT THE WORLD AROUND YOU! I work my ass off to pay taxes. 5 fucking months a year I am a govt slave that pays taxes. Because we pay taxes on the dumbest shit in existence. Support for stupid programs, support for welfare for people who CAN work but refuse to, support for pork-barrel spending that bureocrats on ALL sides use to bring MY money into states I could give a shit less about.

We spend and spend and spend and spend in this society on programs, items, and support we should not give money to. It’s sickening. And if you refuse to wake and watch where your money goes, we will become like Canada. Then we will turn into England. And then we might as well claim we are atheists and put a nice big red flag up in the Red House, because we will degrade into full blown Commies because the dumbfuck children of the United States refuse to learn about what happens with their checks.
Mocker
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:14 PM       
Your feelings on welfare are asinine, because it simply just doesn't drain on the economy like mythologists such as yourself would like to suggest.

Back to the point: Are you saying that a sales-tax above 10% is a viable solution for the income tax???

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:24 PM       
Elimate all the other taxes. Then that tax wont seem so high. People will be able to have more money every check than they would right now. We tax everything. We tax money you earn, then if you invest it and earn money, you pay the taxes on that. Then if you die and have over a certain amount, THEY TAX THAT!

They tax fucking everything in existance because people are too fat, happy and stupid to stand up. I do hope the Libertarian Party makes big waves in '04 and '08. I am sick of the govt thinking I'm some sheep that will go "Baa" every time it wants to deny me money or punish me for being sucessful or anything else that is against what this country was founded upon.
Mocker
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
People will be able to have more money every check than they would right now. We tax everything. We tax money you earn, then if you invest it and earn money, you pay the taxes on that. Then if you die and have over a certain amount, THEY TAX THAT!
Only a tiny % of the population pays the Estate Tax, if that's what you're refering to.

A system that depends upon the "feel good" status of the sales market would be suicide.

Old Apr 15th, 2003, 10:42 PM       
Only a tiny percent pays the Death Tax?

I hope you don't use this type of thinking to justify this legalized govt theft, because if you do, I will pay for a plane ticket to meet you so I can punch you in the jaw.

THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY THAT MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE! It is already taxed at least 2 times, via state and federal taxes! Business wont expand and keep shops and money just becuase of the fact that they will have to pay MORE taxes in the end once they die! How is that fair or even honest, Kevin? Please at least TRY to win me over.
Mocker
Old Apr 15th, 2003, 11:04 PM       
Quote:
Only a tiny percent pays the Death Tax?

I hope you don't use this type of thinking to justify this legalized govt theft, because if you do, I will pay for a plane ticket to meet you so I can punch you in the jaw.

Quote:
THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY THAT MONEY IN THE FIRST PLACE! It is already taxed at least 2 times, via state and federal taxes! Business wont expand and keep shops and money just becuase of the fact that they will have to pay MORE taxes in the end once they die! How is that fair or even honest, Kevin? Please at least TRY to win me over.
Your argument is based on an argument that isn't real, that every small, humble business owner will be paying this tax. They won't be. This tax, much like the capital gains taxes, is in fact intended to keep the playing field level, essentially, make the "American Drwam" as difficult/accessible for everyone. Is it right that people are born with a silver spoon inheritance, do nothing their entire lives to earn it, and then get to preach on the virtues of hard work and low taxation?

I don't care if I win you over, btw. You are much too interesting to ever see change.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 09:57 AM       
I say that since the war in Iraq is over, we take the money we were willing to donate to send Vince, and send him to ounch Kevin in the jaw. No offense, Kev, I just think it's about as likely a scenario.

I mean, unless you all want to defer the pool for about six months and we can send Vince to Syria.
Resident Chimp
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 10:10 AM       
Hey Vince! So you're pissed off that a WHOLE QUARTER of your income flies away to Uncle Sam every year?

Here's a tip: Get some education (I'd start with grammar lessons) and get a higher paying job.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 12:10 PM        Tax
Don't even get me started on what we pay in CA between income tax and sales tax.

Old Apr 16th, 2003, 12:21 PM       
Hey chimp, guess what? I am in school and have a good paying job. And your big theory is to make more money so I can even pay MORE of my salary is just stupid and shows why you should never vote.

Kevin, you are a fucking idiot. If someone is born with a lot of money, then so what? They won life's lottery! Should that money go to the govt so they can waste it?!? And what about the hardworking guy trying to pass a business down to his kid? Should that guy have to pay taxes and then have the business hurt by having to pay those taxes?!?

Kevin, you are a PRIME #1 example of govt school education. You are a fucking dumbass who has not even earned the right to debate me on ANYTHING anymore. Untill you prove you have a functioning brain cell, I will simply ignore your existance on this planet.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 12:26 PM       
How do I get in on that deal?
Resident Chimp
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 12:54 PM       
Oh, so you are in school, Vince? Studying what? Ebonics, probably, by the way you type. But, wait, you just said that you work at a private school!

There must be a lot of school in your life, Vince. It's a shame that none of it has rubbed off on you.

Quote:
And your big theory is to make more money so I can even pay MORE of my salary is just stupid and shows why you should never vote.

You definitely can't be studying math, that's for sure. 25% is 25%, regardless of whether it's a quarter of $20K or $100K.

Look, I will make it easy:

20,000 * 0.25 = 4000 (16,000 left over for buying candy)
100,000 * 0.25 = 25,000 (75,000 left over for buying candy)

You're still paying 25%, so how are you paying MORE of your salary? Your total income has gone up in proportion and you're $60,000 richer.

Mmmm.... candy.

Old Apr 16th, 2003, 01:11 PM       
You may know math but you sure as hell don't know the tax code. The more money you make, the more you pay. That is why people who make 10,000 a year don't pay shit while the ones who make 250K a year pay a ton. Before you talk about my intelligence, please learn more about what you are talking about.
Resident Chimp
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 01:15 PM       
Oh, sorry! You'll end up paying 35%! Boo hoo. You're still $50,000 richer.

And, if you had half a brain, you'd realize that there are many legal ways to decrease the amount of income you have to pay taxes on. You could donate to charities, for example, or invest it with the government.

But then again, if you did either of those things, you wouldn't have it to spend.
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 02:32 PM       
No, seriously, how do I get in on Kevin's deal?
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:19 PM       
The way to do it which to undertell them your income of total salary.
BombsBurstingInAir is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:26 PM       
Quote:
Perhaps the rich ought to pay all or most of the taxes, and everyone else should be left alone.
Actually, that is pretty much the case now. The wealthiest folks pay most all taxes.

The next time gas prices drive you ape shit, check and see how much of that price is taxes, state and fed.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:30 PM       
Actually, I agree that the rich should pay more taxes.

The government will take money from you regardless of your income, and if the rich don't get their share taken, and since the government doesn't believe in going without (gotta study the mating rituals of Japanese butterflies, you know) then who are they going to take it from, logically?

Do you feel rich people DESERVE more money? That since the poor are in different circumstances or god forbid weren't born into riches, they should be penalized for that? For that matter, since your thinking is so archaic, if you bought a trailer park, do you believe you should be allowed the first night with your tenant's newlywed wife because you own the land they're on?

Getting back on-topic... I'm only getting a $400 refund this year :P
Mocker
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:35 PM       
Quote:
Kevin, you are a fucking idiot. If someone is born with a lot of money, then so what? They won life's lottery!
That's wonderful! God beless America, eh!?

Quote:
Should that money go to the govt so they can waste it?!? And what about the hardworking guy trying to pass a business down to his kid? Should that guy have to pay taxes and then have the business hurt by having to pay those taxes?!?
Show me numbers. How often does this happen?? All the time, by the hundreds? The thousands? Maybe you're just using it to compensate for your weak ass argument...?

Quote:
Kevin, you are a PRIME #1 example of govt school education. You are a fucking dumbass who has not even earned the right to debate me on ANYTHING anymore. Untill you prove you have a functioning brain cell, I will simply ignore your existance on this planet.

I'm going to hold you to this.

Little did I know how simple it'd be to shut your ignorant ass up!
BombsBurstingInAir is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:36 PM       
Quote:
Do you feel rich people DESERVE more money?
That kinda sounds to me like the government creates wealth, and then decides who should get what. Funny stuff
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:47 PM       
Everybody bitches about taxes. I do to. but then I realize I am only paying for services the government has rendered and will render. Its usually not how much I pay, but how it is used.

The government is too goddamned big and burns money at a ridiculous rate. I read a book a few years ago. The title was something like Government Waste A to Z or along those lines.

Ya, our welfare system blows ass. Half the people I know on it think it is a career and have no problem cheating the system.

The other half are working their asses off to get away from it, only to be redtaped to a point where they have to stay on it. They get menial jobs that pay barely above minimum wage and are told that is too much to recieve welfar. However, it is no where near enough to raise kids on.

Instead of just dropping taxes, they would be better to reorganize government spending habbits.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 07:58 PM       
Quote:
Do you feel rich people DESERVE more money?
Well, if they earn it, yes. Whats wrong with that? If I work hard and bust my ass to provide a good or service that people like and are willing to pay lots of money for, why can't I be rich?

The American Dream is financial indepenadance ie being rich.
Mocker
Old Apr 16th, 2003, 08:21 PM       
Blanco, I think I completely agree with you on the first post.

I just wanted to make note of this special occassion. Champagne??