Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 11:16 AM        Recent interesting and HILARIOUS script sales
Title: The Blob
Log line: A jelly-like substance crashes from space and grows as it consumes every human in its path.
Writer: n/a
Agent: n/a
Buyer: Paramount Pictures
Price: n/a
Genre: Horror
Logged: 10/29/04
More: Remake of the 1958 film. Scott Rudin will produce. No writer is attached as yet.

Title: Espionage for Dummies
Log Line: A high school vice principal is forced to rely on the "Espionage for Dummies" manual when his identity becomes crossed with that of a U.S. superspy. Armed only with the superspy version of the manual, he must try to save the world.
Writer: Stevie Long
Buyer: Lion Rock Productions
Genre: Action Comedy
Logged: 10/27/04
More: To be based on the "Dummies" books published by Wiley. Lion Rock Productions' John Woo and Terence Chang will produce.

Title: Hunter: The Reckoning
Log line: A group of men and women become aware of supernatural monsters preying on humanity and are given special abilities to combat them.
Writer: David Schneider and Drew Daywalt
Agent: Jon Klane of Jon Klane Agency and law firm of Stone Meyer & Genow
Buyer: Brightlight Pictures
Genre: Action
Logged: 10/22/04
More: Videogame. Brightlight’s Shawn Williamson will produce. Uwe Boll will direct.

Title: Untitled Willie Nelson Project
Log line: Details being kept under wraps.
Writer: Josh Olson
Agent: Matthew Bedrosian of Paradigm and atty. Jason Sloane
Buyer: New Line Cinema
Genre: Western
Logged: 10/19/04
More: Steven Bing will produce. Willie Nelson will star.

Title: Dallas
Log line: Adventures of a wealthy Texas oil family.
Writer: Robert Harling
Agent: Adam Kanter of CAA
Buyer: Regency Enterprises
Genre: Drama
Logged: 10/14/04
More: To be based on the TV series that ran on CBS from 1978-1991. David Jacobs and Corduroy Films’ Michael Costigan will produce. Robert Luketic is in negotiations to direct.

Title: Miami Vice
Log line: Centers on two South Beach Miami detectives.
Writer: Michael Mann
Agent: Richard Lovett of CAA
Buyer: Universal Pictures
Genre: Drama Action
Logged: 10/14/04
More: To be based on the TV series that ran on NBC from 1984-1989. Michael Mann will produce. Show creator Anthony Yarkovich will executive produce. Michael Mann will also direct. Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx are in talks to star.

Title: The A-Team
Log line: An unofficial team of vets are wanted by the military for a crime they didn't commit. While they run from the law, they help innocent people out of bad situations.
Writer: Bruce Feirstein
Agent: David Saunders of APA
Buyer: Twentieth Century Fox
Logged: 10/12/04
More: Based on the 80's TV series. Series creator Stephen J. Cannell will produce. Spike Seldin will produce. Mark Silvestri will executive produce. First set up in February 2001.

Title: Wolverine
Log line: Centering on the talon-clawed mutant superhero.
Writer: David Benioff
Agent: Todd Feldman of William Morris Agency, atty. Gretchen Bruggeman-Rush of Hansen, Jacobson, Teller, Hoberman, Newman, Warren, Sloane & Richman, LLP
Price: Seven figures
Genre: Action-Adventure
Logged: 10/5/04
More: Spinoff from X-Men comic book. Lauren Shuler Donner and Marvel Studio’s Avi Arad are in negotiations to produce. Hugh Jackman is expected to reprise his role.

Title: He-Man
Log line: He-Man begins his life as Prince Adam, the hybrid of an Earthling and an Eternian. When he turns 18, he is taken to Castle Grayskull, where he receives super powers.
Writer: Adam Rifkin
Agent: Josh Donen of CAA
Buyer: Fox 2000
Logged: 10/4/04
More: Based on Mattel's "Masters of the Universe" line of action figures. Property was originally an animated series in 1983. Lion Rock Productions' John Woo and Terence Chang will produce. John Woo will direct.

Title: Hip Hop Nanny
Log line: A Scottish woman comes to the United States to work as a nanny for a hip hop/rap family.
Writer: Michelle McGrath
Buyer: Walt Disney Pictures
Price: Low six figures
Genre: Comedy
Logged: 10/1/04
More: Pitch. Mandeveille and Helen Bartlett will produce.

Title: Transformers
Log line: Giant robots are able to morph into cars, trucks and planes.
Writer: John Rogers
Agent: Martin Spencer of CAA
Buyer: DreamWorks and Paramount
Logged: 11/3/04
More: To be adapted from a story by Tom DeSanto, which was based on the toy line from Hasbro. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Tom DeSanto and Angry Films’ Don Murphy will produce. DreamWorks' Steven Spielberg will executive produce. Rights first acquired in June 2003. The project was then set up at DreamWorks in July 2004.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 12:39 PM       
Quote:
Title: Hip Hop Nanny
Log line: A Scottish woman comes to the United States to work as a nanny for a hip hop/rap family.
Writer: Michelle McGrath
Buyer: Walt Disney Pictures
Price: Low six figures
Logged: 10/1/04
More: Pitch. Mandeveille and Helen Bartlett will produce.

That is possibly the worst idea for a movie ever.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 01:06 PM       
I wholeheartedly agree, and "a hip hop/rap family" may be the most racist thing I have ever read. Of course they just mean poor black people, but it gives me a mental image of a whole family wearing MC Hammer outfits, pants and baseball caps on backwards, freestyling through breakfast.

"Espionage for Dummies" isn't far off either, though. HA HA MISTAKEN IDENTITY let me guess, he falls in love with a woman but fears she only loves him as a spy, then in the end he comes clean and alienates everyone but manages to do the best espionage the world has ever seen and wins everyone's hearts.

He-man by John Woo? Skeletor's going to be accompanied by flights of doves that dramatically rise up whenever he approaches He-Man? He-Man will jump off Battlecat for a slowmo midair jump kick in Skeletor's face? Stinkor will use double-handed stink action?

I'm holding off judgement on Transformers, and Wolverine could be good, the rest just sound like mistakes. Maybe the A-Team could work with a Charlie's Angels/Starsky & Hutch spin, but doubtful.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 01:15 PM       
I am soooo glad I don't live in LA.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 01:44 PM       
I actually thought that the "Espionage for Dummies" thing could actually be funny.

If done right.

But of course it won't be.

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 01:53 PM       
I bet the transformers movie will be entirely that 3D cell shaded cartoon crap where pasted textures overlap half the screen every 13 frames.

I swear to god If I hear another kid say "The ones on TV don't look like the ones in the movie." I'll beat him with a rock
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 02:49 PM        Re: Recent interesting and HILARIOUS script sales
Quote:
Title: Untitled Willie Nelson Project
Log line: Details being kept under wraps.
Writer: Josh Olson
Agent: Matthew Bedrosian of Paradigm and atty. Jason Sloane
Buyer: New Line Cinema
Genre: Western
Logged: 10/19/04
More: Steven Bing will produce. Willie Nelson will star.
omfg
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 02:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
I wholeheartedly agree, and "a hip hop/rap family" may be the most racist thing I have ever read. Of course they just mean poor black people, but it gives me a mental image of a whole family wearing MC Hammer outfits, pants and baseball caps on backwards, freestyling through breakfast.
When I think of a 'hip hop/rap family' I think of them owning very expensive cars and jewelery stuff you commonly see in rap/hip hop videos. But of course its racist because you automatically assume they are talking about poor black people. Poor black people are able to afford nannies nowadays?

But it is probaly one of the worst movie ideas ever. Cedric the Entertainer will surely be in this piece of shit.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 03:49 PM       
I didn't take into account that they'd have to afford a nanny. But it would make sense that the prissy Scottish nanny from wealthy conditions would end up having to make the most of living with a family in poor conditions. AT FIRST SHE FEELS SHE CAN'T DO IT, BUT THEN THE KIDS TEACH HER HOW TO RAP AND SUDDENLY SHE'S LIVIN IT UP YO AND EVERYONE'S GETTING ALONG AND MAKING IT IN LIFE.

And when I think of rappers and hiphoppers I generally don't think of cute little nuclear families, because like rockstars, they generally don't have them.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 04:33 PM       
Quote:
Title: The A-Team
Log line: An unofficial team of vets are wanted by the military for a crime they didn't commit. While they run from the law, they help innocent people out of bad situations.
Writer: Bruce Feirstein
Agent: David Saunders of APA
Logged: 10/12/04
More: Based on the 80's TV series. Series creator Stephen J. Cannell will produce. Spike Seldin will produce. Mark Silvestri will executive produce. First set up in February 2001.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM       
you forgot the part where one of the hip hop kids gets into a little and the nanny uses her street smarts to get them out of the doghouse, word up

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2004, 05:00 PM       
i bet the scottish nanny is a steriotyped view as well.

och aye! we ney need no haggis, ive got enough in me bagpipes (and so forth)

go scotland! birthplace of battered cheeseburgers and gta

Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 10:33 PM       
Here are some script sales from September. Here's the promising one:

Title: Coraline
Log line: A young girl discovers an alternate version of her life after walking through a secret door in her new home. When her counterfeit parents try to keep her forever, Coraline reveals her heroic qualities.
Writer: Henry Selick
Agent: Jon Levin of CAA
Buyer: Vinton Studios
Genre: Children’s
Logged: 9/23/04
More: Based on the children’s book by Neil Gaiman. Bill Mechanic's Pandemonium Films will produce. Henry Selick will direct. This will be an animated film.

Here are the not-so-promising ones:

Title: Dinner for Schmucks
Log line: A man possesses such "extraordinary schmuckiness" that he's capable of ruining the life of anyone who spends more than a few minutes in his presence.
Writer: Jon Vitti
Agent: Rob Rothman of Rothman Brecher Agency
Buyer: DreamWorks
Logged: 9/29/04
More: Remake of the French film “Le Diner de cons. Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald will produce. Sacha Baron Cohen, aka Ali G, will star.

Title: Starship Dave
Log line: A massive fireball from space hits New York's Central Park and an ordinary man emerges unscathed. The man turns out to be a spaceship operated by 100 human-looking aliens who are one-quarter inch tall and seeking a way to save their planet; complications ensue when their captain falls in love with an Earth woman who's always picked losers for previous romances.
Writer: Rob Greenberg and Bill Corbett
Agent: Sylvie Rabineau of Rabineau Wachter and Sanford (Greenberg)
Genre: Comedy Science Fiction
Logged: 9/28/04
More: Spec script. Guy Walks Into A Bar's Jon Berg & Todd Komarnicki and Deep River Productions' David Friendly & Marc Turtletaub will produce.

Title: Untitled Dax Shepard and Al Shearer Project
Log line: Two guys from different racial backgrounds find out that they are actually brothers and must compete against each other for an inheritance.
Writer: Chris Pappas and Mike Bernier
Agent: Nick Yellen at Nick Yellen Creative Agency and atty. Peter Grossman
Buyer: Fox Searchlight
Logged: 9/27/04
More: Based on an idea by Dax Shepard and Al Shearer. Chris Pappas and Mike Bernier may also direct. Dax Shepard and Al Shearer will star.

Title: The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3-D
Log line: A 10-year-old outcast is shunned by his classmates and forced to spend summer vacation alone. With his two imaginary friends, he goes on a mission to prove dreams can become reality.
Writer: Robert Rodriguez
Agent: Robert Newman of ICM
Buyer: Dimension
Genre: Family
Logged: 9/22/04
More: Troublemaker Studios' Robert Rodriguez and Elizabeth Avellan will produce. Robert Rodriguez will direct. George Lopez will star.

Title: Alvin and the Chipmunks
Log line: Three chipmunk brothers, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore are adopted by a man named Dave.
Buyer: Fox 2000 and 20th Century Fox Animation
Logged: 9/15/04
More: To be based on the 1950s and '60s characters. This will be a live-action/CGI feature. Bagdasarian Productions' Janice Karman and Ross Bagdasarian Jr. will produce. No writer or director is attached as yet.

Title: Revenge of the Nerds
Log line: A college fraternity that houses the school's socially awkward, thick-glasses-sporting set decides to exact their revenge on the football players who've repeatedly humiliated them.
Writer: Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah
Agent: Dan Brecher of Rothman Brecher Agency
Buyer: Fox Searchlight
Logged: 9/14/04
More: Remake of the 1984 film. Wonderland's McG and Stephanie Savage will produce. Adam Brody and Brett Harrison will co-produce.

Title: Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
Log Line: A 16 year old girl moves in with her aunts and discovers that they and she are all witches.
Genre: Fantasy Adventure
Logged: 9/13/04
More: Rights acquired to comic book character from Archie Comics Entertainment. Archie Comics Entertainment's Allan Grafman and Chuck Grimes will produce. Archie Comics Publications' Michael Silberkleit and Richard Goldwater will executive produce. Sarah Michelle Gellar will star.

Title: Hawaii Five-O
Log line: A specialty unit of the Hawaii State Police is tapped by the governor to take on organized crime.
Writer: George Nolfi
Agent: Mike Simpson of William Morris Agency
Buyer: Warner Bros. Pictures
Genre: Action-Drama
Logged: 9/9/04
More: Based on the popular TV show. George Litto will produce. Andria Litto will executive produce. No director or actors are attached as yet.

Title: Untitled Addario-Syracuse Pitch
Log line: Two intensely competitive rivals on the women's beach volleyball tour must learn to combine their vastly different playing styles to win back their honor.
Writer: Lisa Addario and Joey Syracuse
Agent: Sandra Lucchesi of The Gersh Agency
Price: Mid-six figures
Genre: Sports Drama
Logged: 9/9/04
More: Pitch. Preemptive buy. Vincent Newman Entertainment will produce.

Title: Nappily Ever After
Log Line: An African American advertising executive tired of fussing with her long and processed straight hair -- shaves it off and kicks out her commitment-phobic boyfriend. Discovering a newfound freedom, she is unprepared for how friends and co-workers react to her new hairdo and subsequent new life.
Writer: Lisa Loomer
Agent: ICM
Buyer: Universal Pictures
Genre: Drama Comedy
Logged: 9/8/04
More: Rewrite. Tina Chism wrote a draft of the script, which was based on Trisha Thomas' novel. Halle Berry, Vincent Cirrincione (Berry's manager), Angela DeJoseph, and Marc Platt Productions' Marc Platt will produce. Patricia Cardoso will direct. Halle Berry to star.

Title: Igor
Log line: A hunchbacked lab assistant has big dreams of becoming a mad scientist and winning the first place prize at the annual Evil Science Fair.
Writer: Chris McKenna
Agent: Matt Rice of UTA
Buyer: Exodus Film
Logged: 9/7/04
More: Max Howard will executive produce. This will be an animated film.

(OK, that one could turn out allright)
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 10:49 PM       
Quote:
Title: Alvin and the Chipmunks
Log line: Three chipmunk brothers, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore are adopted by a man named Dave.
Buyer: Fox 2000 and 20th Century Fox Animation
Logged: 9/15/04
More: To be based on the 1950s and '60s characters. This will be a live-action/CGI feature. Bagdasarian Productions' Janice Karman and Ross Bagdasarian Jr. will produce. No writer or director is attached as yet.

Igor looks good too :o
dipshed
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 11:17 PM       

where do you find these, pjalne

Mocker
Old Nov 8th, 2004, 11:22 PM       
http://www.scriptsales.com/
dipshed
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 12:55 AM       
Title: Curly Oxide and Vic Thrill
Log Line: A Hasidic Jew and a grizzled rock musician form a band.
Writer: Tina Fey
Agent: Endeavor Agency
Price: Mid-six against seven-figure
Logged: 8/26/04
More: Based on a true story Fey heard a segment about the duo on National Public Radio. Lorne Michaels and John Goldwyn will produce.

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:09 AM       
go igor

but a revenge of the nerds remake ARE THEY MAD?!?!

NEEERRRRDDDSS!!!!!!!!!

FS is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:52 AM       
Quote:
Log line: Two guys from different racial backgrounds find out that they are actually brothers and must compete against each other for an inheritance.
This line seriously made me want to scream out loud.

AND A MOVIE BASED ENTIRELY ON THE CONCEPT OF A WOMAN SHAVING HER HEAD? YEEEEAAAAAAARRRRGH

And that Sabrina movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar sounds like kind of a slap in the face of Melissa Joan Hart, even though she's turning into more and more of a beast.

huond is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 09:47 AM       
god i pray this gets made

Title: Nerd Camp
Log line: A group of children spend the summer taking college level courses at a "Nerd Camp" and redefine what it means to be cool.
Writer: Burkhard Bilger (journalist)
Buyer: Nick Films and Tollin/Robbins Productions
Logged: 10/8/04
More: New York Times article. Nick’s Julia Pistor and TRP’s Mike Tollin and Brian Robbins will produce.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 01:26 PM       
Dinner for Schmucks is written by Jon Vitti of the Simpsons, the Critic and King of the Hill so as terrible as the premise sounds it should turn out okay.

Is the Bill Corbett that's credited as co-writing Starship Dave the same Bill Corbett who played Crow in the last 3 seasons of MST3k?
Location: Under the basement stairs getting a blow job from black obsession
FreakinStrange is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:44 PM       
i saw the movie that Dinner for Schmucks is based upon and it was alright

FUCK OFF FRANK
dipshed
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 04:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
Dinner for Schmucks is written by Jon Vitti of the Simpsons, the Critic and King of the Hill so as terrible as the premise sounds it should turn out okay.

Is the Bill Corbett that's credited as co-writing Starship Dave the same Bill Corbett who played Crow in the last 3 seasons of MST3k?
Yes it's him.

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 08:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
And Ali G is in it. I love that show so much
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2004, 08:37 PM       
Quote:
Title: Plague
Log line: A mysterious apocalypse has left the world's children comatose and unresponsive. Trouble starts when the grownup kids wake up and lash out against their parents.
Writer: Hal Masonberg and Teal Minton
Agent: Mngr. Todd Sharp of Bedlam Media
Buyer: Midnight Picture Show and Armada Pictures
Genre: Horror Thriller
Logged: 11/4/04
More: Clive Barker, Jorge Saralegui and Tim O’Hair will produce. Armada Pictures' Chris Sieverncih & Matt Milich, Midnight Picture Show's Joe Daley & Anthony Diblasi, DH Blair Pictures' Michael Almog & Morton Davis will executive produce. Hal Masonberg will direct.
that looks rad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.