Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 10:28 AM        Let's get Surf Ninjas out of IMDB's bottom 100!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108258/

Surf Ninjas is currently listed as being #99 out of the 100 worst films of all time, on IMDB.

This is a travesty, and I will not stand for it. Surf Ninjas is one of the greatest movies of all time, and to have it ranked so low is unfair and unjust. Seeing this movie ranked so low hurts more than when I first saw those planes crash into the twin towers. I'd gladly take more terrorist attacks in this country if it meant this movie would finally be appreciated.

So please, do you part. Register for IMDB if you must, and vote this movie as a 10. We MUST get this movie out of the bottom 100. WE MUST!
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:31 AM       
For those of you who don't know (and for that alone, you should die because you are a worthless piece of shit), Surf Ninjas is a touching tale about two brothers who discover they are long-lost princes to an island currently overrun by an evil dictator, Colonel Chi (played PERFECTLY by Leslie Nielsen). With this doscovery, the two brothers also begin to develop special powers.

The older brother (played by one of the greatest martial artists of all time, Ernie Reyes Jr.), can turn into an ultimate fighting machine, taking out whole armies with his martial arts. The younger brother (played by Nicolas Cowen), can see into the future using his Game Gear. And he finds a monkey.

Along for the right is their friend from back home, Iggy (played hilariously by Rob Schneider), who is convinced HE has special powers too; The ability to make things come true by saying "What if?" Also part of the group is Zatch (played by Ernie Reyes Sr.), a man who served the king, their father, and saw that their lives were saved from Chi's invasion of the land.

Given their real-life relation, the chemistry between Reyes Jr. and Reyes Sr. truly does reflect a father/son bond, and it's really touching to not only see them fight side by side, but also to see that love carry over into their characters. The work between Schneider and Reyes Sr. is equally great, but because of the excellent comedy the two are able to produce (this is simply the height of Schneider's comedic abilities, as he has never reached this level of genius before or since). And Cowen's friendship with the monkey is also there.

Rounding out the group is Police Officer Lieutenant Spence (played by Tone Loc) who follows the kids to the island, trying to investigate the attack at their California home, and the death of their surrogate father. Again, Schneider has a wonderful dance partner, when it comes to comedy. But unlike Reyes Sr., Tone Loc plays bother the straight man and the comedy relief with a beautiful balance, standing up for whichever type of acting he is needed for. Not unlike his role in the first Ace Ventura film, but this is where Tone really shines.

Also part of the mix is the princess, whom Johnny (Reyes Jr.) is supposed to marry. Played by Kelly Hu (best known as Lady Deathstrike in X-2), the sparks between her and Reyes Jr. are excellently portrayed, and you REALLY feel for their love. You want to see them get married, have children, and grown old together. The script really does a wonderful job in developing the characters, and the actors do a wonderful job of bringing those characters to life.

Overall, this movie is truly one of the defining films of the 20th century, and for it to be ignored as such... Well, let's just say I can understand why terrorism exists today. So please, register on IMDB if you haven't already, and vote this movie a 10. It deserves to be recognized for its greatness, and should not, WILL NOT, be shamed by continuing to be in its dishonorable position!

MONEY CAN'T BUY KNIVES
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 11:56 AM       
Oh god, I've seen this one. All I remember is I hated Schneider in it, but then again I always have.

I thought Hulk Hogan was in it?
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 01:50 PM       
im in! i voted it up and soon it shall be saved.

god ive seen a lot of movies in the bottom 100, some of them twice.

Luchatein is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 04:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjalne
I thought Hulk Hogan was in it?
You're thinking of 3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain.

I don't remember much of Surf Ninjas except surfing, ninjas, and me loving it, but I'll definitely vote.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:01 PM       
Oh, yeah. Thanks.

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:02 PM       
Next we should get It's Pat out of there!

N00bKill3R is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:03 PM       
Next we should get It's Pat out of there!
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:40 PM       
i have just watched manos: the hands of fate, which lives up to the reverse-hype of Pjalne's article

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 05:56 PM       
Damn, I've seen this too. I can definately find over 100 movies worse than this one.

Wasn't the older brother the same guy from TMNT 2?

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 06:14 PM       
Yes, yes he was.

I would love to see It's Pat off of there, but the numbers aren't there to elevate that film high enough. I already got you guys and the Stileproject forums voting for this, and I don't even know if that would be enough to make this jump from a 3.3 to a 3.4 or 3.5. We'll see tomorrow though.
Drev is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2005, 07:23 PM       
I'd love to help.

I loved the part of the guy constantly rolling down the stairs.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:22 AM       
For some reason, I was thinking about "Surf Nazi's Must Die"
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:37 AM       
Only 8 people voted yesterday. Come on people, we gotta step this up!
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 06:38 PM       
All I remember about this beaut is the trailer that is shown during the previews of the VHS TMNT 3.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 07:33 PM       
Wouldn't it be better for this movie to remain on the bottom 100? Nobody's going to know it even exists if it's pushed to 101.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 10:17 PM       
THEY DON'T DESERVE TO KNOW

Surf Ninjas is a treasure, and one that is not appreciated. I'd rather have a small group of people cherish it, than have millions know and hate it.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 11:14 PM       
i voted.
and as much as its cool to say you like bad movies, I really do love this movie. i much have watched it 1000 times when i was a kid, so much that my mom still says the 'money can't buy knives' joke...
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 11:38 AM       
We are making a difference.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 11:45 AM       
54 votes yesterday. That's much better than the 8 from the day before.

We're going places, baby! It'll be impossibe to take over Avengers in terms of number of votes. But I'm hoping we can get the score high enough without that many votes.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 12:21 PM       
DID YOU KNOW:

A few years back, imdb didn't quite have it's shit together for their top/bottom lists, and they went by average vote ONLY. That means if something had only a few votes (I think they had a minimum of 5 or 10 votes required back then or something), and they were al 10s, it would end up at the top of the Top 250 list. I took out my handy MST3K episode guide and started looking up various movies that had been featured on the show on the imdb. I found one that didn't have very many (if any, i forget) votes, so I voted it a 10, and I think I voted a few more times, because it was easy to do that back then. The movie ended up on the top 250 list. When imdb introduced their new meathod of calculating the top and bottom movies lists, they actually referenced that movie, saying something like "some user(s) voted a lot to get an obscure sci-fi movie (link to the movie - I'm pretty sure it was this) on the top 250. I'm sure if I didn't do it, somebody else would, but to be credited with that kinda thing makes me a little proud.
Location: Under the basement stairs getting a blow job from black obsession
FreakinStrange is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2005, 05:44 PM       
you should have people also vote ones for the avengers to try to get its score down

FUCK OFF FRANK
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 03:05 PM       
162 votes yesterday. I've enlisted minor help of the Goons.

Granted, not evey vote is a 10, but a lot of them are. I'd like to think we could see this get to a 3.4 by the end of the week.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 03:29 PM       
Is this the one where the little kid subdues a ninja with an octopus? If so this movie is ungodly in its majesty.
Location: Under the basement stairs getting a blow job from black obsession
FreakinStrange is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 01:19 AM       
its not in the bottom 100 anymore

FUCK OFF FRANK