Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 12:40 AM        Ghost Stories of the Internet
I've met a few people from this forum in real life, and I'm always pleasantly surprised that they're not some pre-conceived stereotype, a sulking mass of Ramen and Bawls, and that they talk about things OTHER THAN the internet. OJB, MLE and Chojin are three of my bestest friends and on the off-chance that I see them, Ninjavenom and adept_ninja are two equally cool, equally hilarious dudes.

There are some times, though, where things don't go so well.

The other day I dropped by a local Chic-Fil-A to get a chicken sandwich and a side of pickles for my very sick girlfriend. I'm wearing my scratched-up leather jacket, my hallmark plaid hat, some loose-legged blue jeans and (the cincher) a faded YTMND shirt.

So, I approach the counter and my order is taken by a young girl named Chrystle (i laughed a little, inside) and back away from the counter to collect straws. I am called back, verbally assaulted by a vaguely stocky nineteen-something, the tall type that speaks so that everyone will listen, the type to work at a fast-food restaurant to afford the buy-in for the weekly poker game he and his friends play, the ones that make him feel adequate, manly, the type who has curly blonde hair matted to his head like a wet towel, he proudly points his gnarled finger, viciously, vertically, tilts his head like The Rock and exclaims (exclaims) "YOU'RE THE MAN NOW, DOG."

I laugh nervously, evenly, and manage to sputter a soft, "Huh, oh, uh, you get it?" as if I'm wearing a punchline. I bite my tongue immediately. I chortle a little, something almost patronizing. I feel guilty.

He laughs heartily and responds with great bombast, "Well yes, but, I must confess, I'm not a fan!" Intrigued now, I manage to form my mouth, agape, into some mutant soldier of a grin, mustering up fragments of my internet cool and get far too cocky before I fatefully inquire "Ah, yeah? Why's that?"

And he says, "I'm a /b/tard."

I got this weird image of him creating some sort of cum and shit hybrid all over my sandwich, so I gag in my mouth a little. It comes out as a cough.

Dutifully, playfully, I ask "Oh yeah? So you're, what, the armpit of the internet?" I do this while trying to be relatively modest, carefully considering the civilians around the counter. In an arrogant and self-centered daze I realize everyone is watching this gunfight, especially Chrystle, who I am vainly and most mistakenly assured is listening in with great intent. He asks, "What, have we moved up in the world?" and I can't help but to emit something along the lines of a verbal tap-out, gently murmuring "Okay, the asshole." I lower my head.

Chrystle asks him what we're talking about; he assures her that she wouldn't understand, and I can't help but agree, offering a warm, "i don't fucking know, either" grin at the girl, knowing she is thinking the same, knowing that he is the subject of her lunch breaks, that he is the joke of the establisment. I am an asshole and she is my cohort. With a newfound confidence, I ask, "What the hell are you doing there? That place is terrible."

He responds proudly, "Being anoynomous on the internet! What else?" as if there's no greater function.

I try for a hearty, inclusive chuckle. I don't know how it came out, I won't remember. I tell him I'll see him later, knowing I won't, and leave with our food.

Exeunt.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 12:56 AM       
I don't know what any of that means either but talking about the internet in the outside world is just so gross. I can barely bring up IMDB without feeling like a stoopach.

Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 01:52 AM       
I had to look up /b/ tard on urban dictionary to get it. I thought I must be out of some kind of cool loop, but now I realize that not knowing it is what reflects well on one's character.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 02:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by GADZOOKS View Post
I don't know what any of that means either but talking about the internet in the outside world is just so gross. I can barely bring up IMDB without feeling like a stoopach.
Yeah... I have a friend who is always talking about gamespy and comingsoon.net and shit like that in front of people who wouldn't begin to understand and I feel very, very weird .

That was very funny. Well done.
MY DAD
MrAdventure is probably a real personMrAdventure is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 02:50 AM       
hearing someone talk about their internet escapades makes me wanna jump out the window
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:07 AM       
what the fuck is 4chan ;9

i asked this somewhere else but i think it got burried
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:13 AM       
My ex loved to talk about the internet like it was a secret club that she and I were a part of, even though she stood for everything wrong with the internet (resident evil fan fiction and vampire romance circles). It was easy to tell she didn't spend enough time on it to be ashamed of it.
MY DAD
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:13 AM       
well kahl you know how in peter pan there were the lost boys except covered in dicks
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:18 AM       

i cant believe they wear dicks that's gross
MY DAD
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:29 AM       
man you dont even want to know what the dicks are doing let's just say that tinkerbell doesnt hang around anymore
Mocker
Mr. Vagiclean is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 09:11 AM       
what IS IT about the internet
__"Offff all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most"Loook, its a signature.'why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?'CaboooseSports is dead, I'm his freakin ghost, deal with it.iThe following sentance is true....
The above statement was false....
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 09:16 AM       
There's too much of it.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 11:43 AM       
guys i think it's ok to talk about wikipedia in certain contexts

also news sites cause that makes you seem smart

it's never ok to talk about i-mockery though! for serious!
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 11:47 AM       
I hate hearing "Google it" in real life

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 12:44 PM       
This might come as a shock to some of you but Teh Internets is part of 'real life' too!
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 03:13 PM       
I uh, never thought that someone would publicly admit that they're a /b/tard.
Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 04:50 PM       
Wooo YTMND!

I hate it because almost everyone I know has been caught up in saying stuff like 'lol' and 'soz', when speaking! It's so annoying!
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 05:01 PM       
I hate it when people make me wade through incomprehensible AIM converstaions to find the teensiest bit of reason for my doing so. And your reason for my doing so did not suck little enough to make me not hate you afterwards

Edit: since Chojin purged this thread of o/t's, this post is way out of context.

Last edited by DuFresne : Mar 25th, 2007 at 11:41 PM. Reason: OMG typo!!!!1, then Choj's crusade
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 05:22 PM       
the first rule of the internet is that no one talks about the internet
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 05:27 PM       
I don't mind talking about the internet, I'd just rather not be aware that an employee of a religiously affiliated fast-food chain posts excruciatingly detailed illustrations of shitting dick-nipples on the internet for fun.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 05:49 PM       
I've said lol and omg really loudly to make fun of people before, now that I think about it.

That was very funny. Well done.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 05:58 PM       
I hate people that use internet slang in person. "Pron" "teh" "intarweb", shit like that is annoying enough when I have to read it. It's extra abrasive if they're the type to sit around and diddle themselves to 4chan all day.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 06:56 PM       
It IS really annoying and embarrassing when people take things to extremes, like when people call you by your online name in person, or they loudly talk about their MUDing adventures or whatever, but there's no reason to be embarrassed about acknowledging that the internet exists. That's what I don't get--when people are like ashamed to admit that they use it in public. These days, who the fuck doesn't use the internet?

I have no idea what a /b/tard is. I'm guessing this is a good thing.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 07:04 PM       
/b/tard: bastard
that much is pretty obvious.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 19th, 2007, 07:06 PM       
It is a good thing

I HATE it when people refer to others by their online names IRL which is why I almost always use my real name for a SN (except for here ;( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAT View Post
/b/tard: bastard
that much is pretty obvious.
no, you fucking twat