Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 04:48 PM        Nevermind
You might find it worth reading, but I didn't.

I just finished it. This article isn't worth posting.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:02 PM       
oh my, is there a cliffs-notes for that?
ill read it but my 10 min of i mock time every few hours doesnt give me enough to digest that in short order..
um, and ..thanks?

re: poorly researched shit
i have my beliefs.. will go out on a limb to express them.. will look for evidence, and will admit when im wrong.
admittedly because of my beliefs i spout plenty about them in a thinly researched manner but still challenge anyone to 'prove' the beliefs wrong anytime.
cheers,
Mocker
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:08 PM       
Anytime. I like having you around, you're at least sincere and mean well. That carries alot of credability with me

I pulled the main article because the ties to Bush Sr and the Nazi party seem a bit unfounded, until I have the time to actually look into them anyway -hahahah, I never have time- but tell me what you think of it.
Old May 3rd, 2003, 05:38 PM       
ok, so yes, those in power have a spooky past(especially big oil influences), i believe a lot of that info has been substantiated by many sources, but i don't really have the historical background to cite where etc.

Playing both sides in wwII(and many other wars) is a matter for capitalists.. those who consider contracts and money over people continue to do so..
those businesses with morals get underbid by those without so the system is a continuous race to the bottom.. i don't see it getting any better until it collapses, but ill still meet any group in the street to risk being profiled at a protest of global capitalism(and hope it makes a difference), not to mention campaign and vote for candidates that may make a difference.

There's a lot of dissinformation out there, i wish i knew enough to pick this apart but..
Quote:
Big oil seems to have long been fascinated with Ba'ath, the only living, unsurrendered wing of the Nazi party still in existence and in an official position of power in the world.
'wing of the nazi party' ? ive never heard anything like this.

interesting sources to look into though
Mocker
Old May 4th, 2003, 04:20 AM       
Tell me what you find out about it. I was writing a paper on Corporate America and the adverse affects of amoral business on politics -mind you I support capitalistic enterprise, and I blame weak self-serving politicians rather than the private sector, but that is neither here now there when analyzing the results- in any case, I saw the ties between Standard and the Nazi Party, which was what I was looking for, and read a bit around that section of the paper and was fairly impressed.

Other parts of it seemed a little out there. ..Until I found collaborative sources in some journals on Campus. Still not entirely sure what to make of it though.
Old May 4th, 2003, 10:26 AM       
checkout the Cancer Stage of Capitalism, tough read but
pretty necessary to understand what we face with big business today.
http://www.nancho.net/bigbody/bbcancer.html
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 01:10 PM       
Thank GOD for big business and the free market, capitalist society.

Afterall, it's provided better lives for people worldwide.
Mocker
Old May 4th, 2003, 02:07 PM       
Hey Ronnie, noone is slamming capitalism here, but even you have to acknowledge that Corporations wield alot of power, and many of them act irresponsibly. I mean, look at at California power fiasco, or what Gerber Baby Food did in Guatemala. We're not questioning the system, just the independant actions of those working within.
Old May 4th, 2003, 08:13 PM       
well, i question the system that grants corporations rights as citizens, i question the systems of the WTO, i question a government that rains radioactive waste down on countless people, and ill be forever questioning a government funded and run by said busineses and right wing extreemist groups.

Ronnie, thanking God for mans doing is bizaar, people worked to steal the government from us, it wasnt granted by god.

and the better lives are not a result of capitalism as much as a result of the people fighting for thier rights.. the only reason we have clean air, water, and soil left is because people have been fighting big business.. too bad the people are losing the battles now in most of the world. the horror that big business has created is hidden from view so i understand how you can deny it. most people don't want to believe there is a dirty side.. you have to travel off the tourist path to see it. its growing however so it can't be ignored forever.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 08:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
Hey Ronnie, noone is slamming capitalism here, but even you have to acknowledge that Corporations wield alot of power, and many of them act irresponsibly.
You're giving him far too much credit, Ror.