Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 04:38 PM       
Sam could be bi-sexual
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 12:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FS
Yeah, I think Tolkien wasn't too keen on gays. And of course I don't really think Sam was written to be gay, but parts like I quoted from the book are just funny, especially with today's mindset.
Ever notice that they never deny that it may be a cock ring which is the central focus of the trilogy ... just saying.

Reference the Tolkien's possible abhorence of homosexuality. That fits with the limited knowlwedge I have of him. He, C.S. Lewis, and another writer (forgot the name?) formed a writing fellowship of sorts where they'd discuss writing, mythology, religion, ect. I can't specifically say that Tolkien didn't like homosexuality but I DO know that Lewis, who wrote the Narnia series, also went on to write several books concerning religion and morality. Perhaps their common attitudes are what brought them together.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 11:25 PM       
I really think it's juvinile that there is even a thread even possibly contemplating the idea that Samwise and Frodo are gay lovers. First of all, Frodo does not fight as much as the other hobbits, yes this is true, BUT, maybe, just MAYBE it has something to do with the fact that the ring was a large BURDEN TO HIM?? I really get disgusted by people who always look at something that is simply a strong bond and automatically think it's sexual. Grow up.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:50 AM       
Perhaps you should actually read the thread before you explode, Faggy McFaggerton.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 12:05 AM       
Quote:
He, C.S. Lewis, and another writer (forgot the name?) formed a writing fellowship of sorts where they'd discuss writing, mythology, religion, ect.
charles williams was the third main member of the inklings, but there were many.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:45 PM       
I wasn't referring to your comments, because you plainly stated that you dont really think Sam is gay, you just wanted to know other people's opinions. I have no problems with you, FS, just those others that think he is.