Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:27 PM        Boortz slams Bill Bennett.
The last two days Neil Boortz has been slamming Bennett for his gambling problem while spouting moral virtue. Apparently Bennett has lost 8 million dollars in the last 10 years.

....so as you can see, Boortz is fair and balanced.

Right is right. Wrong is wrong.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old May 6th, 2003, 01:35 PM       
I'm more interested in what you think. Did you used to admire Bill Bennet? Do you now think he is a hypocrite? Do you feel betrayed? Does it make you think about wider issues or is this just an instance of someone speciffic having turned out to have feet of clay? Does it make what Bennet said in the book of virtues invalid?

What do YOU think and how has YOUR thinking changed or eveolved?
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:42 PM       
Wait, Max. Maybe Boortz's show isn't over with yet, and he hasn't told Raygun what to think yet. Give the man a break!
________
How to roll a blunt

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old May 6th, 2003, 02:46 PM       
Boortz probably has, but Bill Bennet did too, and for longer. That's why I want to hear Ronnies opinion.
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:08 PM       
I have NEVER proped up Bill Bennett. I don't like what he did and I think he should retire from public life. I don't think it makes everything he said invalid but it sure shows hypocracy on his behalf.
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:15 PM       
An interesting comment, particularly the part about it not making everything he said invalid. I will keep that in mind.

Prior to his feet of clay being revealed, what did you think about Bennet?

Do you feel that Newt Ginrichs adultery, for instance, means that he should refrain from reentering public life, as he now seems determined to do?
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:26 PM       
Yes, Newt was a big disappointment. What a waste....Is is one of the most creative Conservative thinkers of our time and he threw it away over nothing.

Newt, should remin behind the scenes....and that's where he spends most of his time now days.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 03:34 PM       
I don't get it. . .Was the money he lost stolen? Campaign contributions?

As far as I know, there is nothing morally wrong with gambling. I actually enjoy it quite a bit. I have a weekly poker game where the kitty can easily top four hundred dollars. Its small change compared to what he's wagering, but I'm not as rich as he yet.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:02 PM       
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! GAMBLING IS SO IMMORAL! HE MUST ALSO BE A HOMOSEXUAL AND DRINKS!

HE MUST WORSHIP SATAN TOO!

*sorry guys, I realize all my posts today are random and spiteful.. I'm in the middle of finals.
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:07 PM       
Ror, it's not a matter of what we think. It's what HE said.....and he contradicted what HE said.
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:15 PM       
So have you. Lots of times.

Quick, everyone- let's call Fox News. They'll do a fair and balanced assassination of Raygun's character.
________
Body Science

Last edited by sspadowsky : Apr 18th, 2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old May 6th, 2003, 04:52 PM       
No I actually agree with Naldo here (sound the trumpets) Gambling isn't a big deal, it's promoting yourself as the voice of good old fashioned morality while blowing 8 million of your families money. I'm not clear on the speciffics as mostly I find this a gossipy unewsworthy story (seriously) but you can be fairly sure his wife didn't know. I also have no idea what he's written and said about gambling, but he's been pretty vocal on standing up to your vices and not very sympathetic to people with 'problems'. I'd say 8 mil is a big number now matter how rich you may be, big enough to indicate a problem.

I feel pretty much the same about Newts marital trade ups. That's his own business. But if your going to go off like a siren about other peoles infidelitys, you ougt not have any of your own.

That's why I think Clinton should remain behind the scenes.
Old May 6th, 2003, 06:12 PM       
Clinton lied under oath, Newt did not.

That's the difference. Clinton commited a felony .....so says Susan Webber Wright.

So as you can see, it didn't have much to do with infidelity.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old May 6th, 2003, 10:21 PM       
Everything Bennett did was legal. The liberals just needed something to snag, and they got it.

Now there is evidence that Mizz Clinton did some naughty thangs... but you haven't heard everyone fighting over that now.
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:42 AM       
Clinton committed a felony. Newt commited adultery. Rick Santorum feels adultery is on a par with criminal acts of sodomy incest and bestiality. I'm speaking now about public presentation versus personal reality.

"Everything Bennett did was legal"
Indeed. No one has questioned that. But the title of the book he wrote was not "The book of legalities", it was the "The book of Virtues." I'll have to look for what he spciffically has had to say in the past for people who's gambling habbits net a serious loss over a ten year spn, but it's safe to say no one would call it a virtue. When you make a living promoting morality for others (as he does, through books and $50,000 speakers fees) it's good not to blow the cash on slots.

Christ. He's not even a card player! He does High stakes slots and video poker, like some sort of hideous cross between Richie Rich and those New Jersey Seniors who take the bus to Atlantic city. He has gambling problem AND he's a sissy.